Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Rick posted:

You could have every melee damage bonus with this build and have a pretty useful power too:

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Infiltrator/NShadow/JFKIL/Disciple5AA1AA1////JuggernautShield5/

However as great as shadow strike can be, I find relying on it as my only power is dangerous because it's buggy. It doesn't work on some maps if an enemy is standing on stairs or a ramp. Sometimes inexplicably it doesn't do full damage to an enemy and Scions and cannibals can stagger you out of the attack on a good host, on a bad host just about any enemy that staggers. Not to mention all it takes is an enemy around the corner you didn't see and you're down even if your target successfully dies.

I prefer this build because you can safely hang back and kill lots of things without ever shooting your gun and only shadow strike when you're sure it's going to kill, and you can dodge and run your way out of trouble if you need. Also you probably have some strength gear that you're never going to use for anything else if you want to use it.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Infiltrator/NShadow/DPLIN/Disciple5AA1AA1////JuggernautShield5/
I am not sure the Shadow is worth using beyond silver. It's a pretty buggy and frustrating class that isn't even that great in optimum conditions, and is horribly crippled by latency and super vulnerable to certain enemies.

Despite being a single target assassination class, it is not good against bosses and is awesome at getting sync killed. Even when you consistently land shadow strikes on bosses, the damage is good but not that amazing given that you have to teleport right next to the now pissed off target. It's also no fun getting beaten and staggered out of stealthed shadow strikes by regular enemies, which happens a lot. If your team is actually alright, then shadow strike tends to be too slow, and you frequently will waste it on enemies that are killed before the strike connects. And it's not like you can just break off from your team, since the shadow is super brittle and enemies like to clobber you while you're trying to stealth around.

The class needs to be more durable and protected from staggers, and shadow strike should be like twice as fast as it is right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Man, the Warlord is so good against Geth that it is absolutely absurd. He just pisses all over them.

Too bad he is not good against all three other factions since he is so easy to sync kill, as everyone noted. You can still do OK, but you have to be reserved and it is so much less fun than fighting Geth with him that it just seems pointless. They certainly can't make him immune to sync kills like the Juggernaut since it would make him insanely overpowered, but yeah. He is king of Geth, but gets his rear end carved up good by everything else.

He is SO good against Geth, though.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
I changed my mind. Geth may be a picnic for the Warlord, but he can actually do awesome against the other factions once you get a better feel for his abilities and get a precise sense for how much damage his hammers do. Probably weakest against reapers, since you have to spend so much time evading banshees, but he can still wreck them.

He also works crazy well with Juggernauts, who can hold targets in place while he pounds them to dust. Makes phantoms trivial.

Is there something up with scions, though? They seem to being doing way too much damage compared to everything else.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Elotana posted:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/16386058

No more balance changes either, which aligns with my earlier suspicion that the MP team got their rug yanked a bit by higher-ups.
It's weird that they bailed so soon after the last major update. But with zero new content forever, I think I am just about over this game. Which is OK, I certainly did not expect the ME3 multiplayer to be any good when I first heard of it, and they provided a shitload of cool content for free.

Hopefully they will get better continuous funding next game by making a better profit making scheme for multiplayer. I can't imagine they pulled in much cash from packs since it's so easy to grind up space bucks for them.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Psion posted:

Yeah how many people confirmed spending over four digits on packs on BSN? I know there was at least one $2k guy.

I saw several each DLC saying "oh I just got a 1600/4000 point card for this DLC" so that's $20-50. Sure these are the whales and the subset therein who post on BSN but let's not pretend they were alone. I bet they made hillllllllllarious amounts of real dollars.

As for balance changes - I bet if Fagnan had his way he would've thrown out at least one more final catch-all balance patch and then dropped it, but this smells like rug-pulling for sure.
I dunno, people can be weird as hell with their money but I would be surprised if it was ultimately more than a modest amount coming from a small subset of players. But whatever, BioWare ain't released no figures and I don't actually know poo poo about this garbage.

It does seem early for the developers to totally abandon ship. The next game isn't even on the radar yet. I would think that weekend challenges and occasional balance tweaks and even some small content additions could be done with a very small and non-critical staff. But again, I don't actually know a goddamn thing about this sort of crap.

• Locked thread