Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

subroc posted:

Holy poo poo I've played 322 hours.

212 here.

Also, holy poo poo Krogan Soldier is amazing. Max out grenades and carnage for constant FIRE EXPLOSIONS :getin: and bring your extra grenade mod. 6/6/6/5/3 is amazing. Krogan melee for your backup attack when carnage is on CD (rarely)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.
I know I'm crazy, but I think I'm taking my Turian Ghost 6/0/6/6/6 and skipping the medkit thing completely. I dont like having to press 2, 1, 3 all before unloading for max damage!

That character just feels like I'm doing something wrong. I want to maximize my turian stability bonus, and the AR bonus from cloak, but I cant figure what to use or get into the rythem of it. Maybe in time.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

Zoran posted:

Uh, what you're doing wrong is skipping Stimulant Picks. Free on-demand healing is easily the most powerful feature of the new Turian classes.

I meant I have stim packs now but I do not really like them. I have them spec'd for bonus damage though, but the second+ activation interupts my shooting and I guess I'm not a fan.

Also, they seem to take a second to activate, unlike gel, which means I can get killed while spamming button.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

Psion posted:

Why are you using an SMG on a class specifically geared towards assault rifle damage? :raise:

The Hurricane, of course, is the only SMG you should ever use, it's true. But Ghost is the one class where ARs truly shine. Collector Rifle, Harrier, Phaeston even, you put it on a Ghost and it'll be great.

The only benefit AR has over SMG on Ghost is evolution 6 of cloak... and a strong argument can be made that being able to pop a free chain overload from cloak is worthwhile too. All the straight damage and stability bonuses are great on SMGs too!

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

Man, silve USED to be such a nice place to romp around in at like, level 14 with a not so great class (say, Asari Vanguard)... Now its a clusterfuck of death. :(

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

I decided to just chain Bronze runs to get Council Operative.

Then I realized I'd need to play 5-6 hours minumum for each of the 'Waves Completed' challenged, and need like 9 of them. 45 hours for a title?

gently caress this, going back to XCOM.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

Thanks for the excellent run of Platinum games VladtheImpaler and Breakatmo.

Turns out Platinum can be fun if you camp the furthest point from spawn at Firebase Reactor, and bring some bigass guns. Destroyer with a Particle Rifle X, Ghost with a Harrier X, and myself with the goodole' Salarian Claymore Infiltrator.

Its kinda awesome that one of the original OP class/gun combos still works really well. AP mod 3 and destroy the gently caress outta armor.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

zxqv8 posted:

How the gently caress can this thread continue to move as quickly as it does, and leave me still playing with pubbies?

gently caress multi-platform games, all it does is split the community into three parts that can never play together.

His choice of Crusader inspired my choice for completing the goal this weekend. Gethfiltrator plus Crusader means everything no longer has a head.

We desperately need a new "Goons on PC" spreadsheet. OP one is horribly out of date.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

Plat would be nearly impossible without lvl X guns (in general) without very specific combinations.

Stick with Gold, its pretty fun and challenging.

Edit: love you all for the updated list. Added bunches of goons to my friendlist.

tiberion02 fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 28, 2012

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

Wow, finally found a Turian Soldier build I like... 0/6/6/6/6 no Marksman, lol.

Grab a Pirahna (190% cooldown) with Fire Ammo and make everything EXPLODE with concussive shot or proximity mine.

Get on a team with tech primers (Engineers, Sentinels, Vorchas) and you are basically the same thing a Human Sentinel was to Biotic combo teams.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

Thats a legit build, but I prefer the more Commando-y build that maxes out DR from Reave, racial passives, and fitness. Slap on a Phaeston or Collector AR for a low Cooldown, a Warp Ammo and an AR mod, and go to town. Always be reaving, and popping dudes in the head with your gun.

If you are in a defensible position, pop your bubble and laugh as bullets shrug off you.

Like this: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...saultRifleAmp5/

tiberion02 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 24, 2012

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I generally just go full marksman for fire rate to fire all the bullets, use debuffing prox mine on bosses and to make paths between enemies, and max the passives. I never really want to use conc shot because it was underwhelming when the game came out but I've not bothered to use the power itself on gold or higher.

Just throwing this out there, in response to this and the earlier comment about underpowered classes, but conc shot detonates fire and tech explosions. I've been loving around with a turian with 0 in marksman, maxed out power damage, rapid fire gun and Fire ammo, and it makes explosions at a rate rarely matched by Krogan soldiers.

Plus conc shot just makes mooks disappear.

Its not a bad talent.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Ultra-Light Materials would fix that anyway.

Maybe, but then I lose 25% damage, or the 4th and 5th shots per clip.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

The Dutch.

The problem with London is that it's still a favourite map of terrible pubbie snipers who camp the upper bit, despite it being a useless sniping position. Joining a pub on London almost guarantees a group of idiots camping up the top and panicking like chickens when they inevitably get flanked.

Top works fine if you put a high damage person on both wings, and help where needed. It also is really easy to evacuate when 2 Praetorians show up or something.

I find myself holding down that right wing pretty frequently on London, and its usually pretty awesome.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

Man I really need to find a list of what guns can use what +weight mods without penalty. I cant remember which guns were there at release!

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

Alteisen posted:

I got all sorts of stupid poo poo, kroguard is called CHARGE!!!, volguard is called Charge Jr., Salarian infil called Sally.

I'd be happy with some stupid name generator thing. Though I am curious as to how many people call their guys some variation of shepard.

I just want to see all the krogan name puns... mine is Tucharga

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

VextheGrey posted:

I'm missing something here that it feels is important to know, what does first promoting have anything to do with it?

You get character cards with tons of bonus XP, so your level 1 promotes go up to level 15 or w/e

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

I've opened 25-30 consecutive Spectre packs or higher without any gear or guns :( Just tier 3 and 4 consumables.

Kind of breaking my will to play.

And yea, i've not capped out my silver and gold mods. http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Tiberion02&platform=pc

Very frustrating.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

Kaizer88 posted:

I've been getting "the mass effect 3 server is currently unavailable" for 3 days straight now. Any ideas for what's wrong? every other game I play has no connection issues.

I've been having similar serious connection issues the past week or so, and getting allot more drops from game

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

subroc posted:

I don't enjoy sniping in this game, and yet the Bioware Gods enjoy throwing all the UR Sniper guns they can at me. My 4 highest UR's are a BW VII, Indra VII, Valiant IX, and a Javelin IX.

Can someone give me a good class and build at me that I can use the Javelin on? That gun interests me the most. I may as well use some of these Phasic rounds I've hoarded.

Also, do I need Bonus Power on Cloak or can I fit in a Proxy + Javelin shot within the Cloak bonus damage window?

Alternatively, this:
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Infiltrator/Geth/PANNP/Javelin9BI5BJ5//SniperRifleRailAmp3/CyclonicModulator3/SniperRifleAmp5/

You are basically just a piece of mobile artillery. I named mine "Howitzer" because the same principle applies.

With AP ammo 3 or 4, a shot thru the cockpit of an Atlas takes over half it's Armor bar. You are not nearly as effective against general trash mobs like husks or abominations, but anything you can put some distance on and get a shot on will die in a few shots. In a team that can deal with general mobs, this is a powerful build.

And you get to keep a 1600 shield, which protects you a bit. Being on a map like Ghost, Giant, Hydra or Dagger also really helps with their large area, open sightlines, and cover you can shoot thru for headshots.

tiberion02 fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 30, 2013

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

Dezztroy posted:

CONFLICTING MESSAGES

Anyways, Power Damage increases apply to grenades as well, right? So I should use those +30% power damage consumables as a Demolisher?

Yes, you can see it increase when you increase your passive.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

I want a Krogan with:
Devastator mode
Hunter mode
Bloodlust
Rage

Fire base white hazard.

:getin:

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

All the Vol-clan are the worst classes in the game :dealwithit:

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

6.0.6.6.6 Melee EDI bot is goddamn amazing. Sprint around the map with a Reegar with the holo-blade attachment... open every fight with a heavy melee.

Knocks random mooks into the stratisphere.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

Hahahahahaha Getting my Volus waves is going to be so easy while everyone is playing Geth Juggernauts and Krogan Warlords.

Stand behind Geth, spam shield boost. Juggernaut literally cannot be killed, and you shields are being recharged so much, you are nearly immune. Add in a Krogan and a N7 Destroyer, LOL

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

I wouldn't use him to be honest. Better to learn the base classes, which are still really good, so you have a better point of reference as you unlock new dudes.

Also... He's not that good

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

I think I'm going to start playing this again...

Origin Tiberion02

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

Fun games tonight. Volus drone machine :getin:

• Locked thread