Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Been abroad for 2 months, just got back and played my first round of platinum which ended in a full extraction but wow it's fun as hell and also much much harder. What's changed since I've been gone? Is there an idiots guide to what's good and what isn't out of the new gear/levels/classes/weapons? Unlocked the N7 Slayer and the particle rifle with the first premium spectre pack I bought. Also what's been nerfed? I hear the Krysae is poo poo now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
What's the verdict on the N7 Slayer? Only one of the new characters I've unlocked so far. Seems fun to use but I don't really know the rhythm/what sets off detonations etc.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Anyone else getting terrible lag and having trouble connecting to the EA servers as of last night?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Got a full extraction earlier on Reapers Reactor Platinum. Just roving around the map loving everything up rather than farming. Awesome stuff, based on the success I'm assuming it was either crazy eastern european guys or goons.

Surprisingly, some people exist who are good at this game who haven't paid $10 to post on an internet forum.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

The operation can be against any faction, right? The guy I was playing with seemed to think it was only against Cerberus.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Has it been pointed out that on the multiplayer manifest on the Bioware website there is no longer a separate category for promotional weapons and now the Valiant, Crusader, Hurricane and Eagle are in with the rest of the ultra rares?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Alteisen posted:

OK, seriously, the geth bomber does not need a loving stagger move.

I did two geth/gold/white runs today to get the Lone Wolf card and most of my deaths that weren't down to biting off more than I could chew were Geth Bomber related. They're quiet, fast and seem to roam in packs with Hunters but you don't prioritise them then before you know it you've got three or four of them behind you zapping and staggering and blocking your escape while you're trying to kill other stuff. They're also unreliable targets for Charge. At least their speed means you can run to the other end of the map and pick them off as they catch up before the rest of the mob.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Tremors posted:

In my continued attempt to solo gold, I played as a kroguard against geth on glacier. It went ok until wave 10 where I retrieved one package before I ended up getting downed and out of medigel. It wouldn't have been a problem if the ops packs would have worked when I wanted them to instead of after the enemies downed me, or if charge would work consistently. :arghfist::smith: It seems like pyros are the most dangerous enemy. Would something other than the reegar work better so they can be taken out at range, while still being a good gun to shoot other things when you charge them?

Try it on White, it gives you much more room to manoeuver. Most of the times I got downed were my own fault for getting too cocky and the others were down to getting trapped by Geth Bombers and Hunters with their stunning capabilities and being hard to melee/charge consistently. On White if you don't mind taking your time there's no reason you shouldn't be able to do it if you use a shield amp and only take the enemies on in small groups.

I used the Piranha with AP ammo but it was mainly for taking down Primes and softening up Pyros so that they go down after one charge and heavy melee. I'd prioritise Hunters as soon as I saw them - shoot them until you can charge them then immediately follow that up with a heavy melee before they cloak again and they should go down. Bombers I'd kite away from a group then heavy melee them after they've dropped their bombs which aren't a threat as long as there's nothing else shooting you. Normal and Rocket troopers are your bread and butter for getting into rage mode. Primes can be avoided until everything else is dead at which point you can take them down safely by charging -> empty Piranha into them while backing off -> repeat until dead.

I'd never tried soloing gold before and managed to complete both my first two runs this way, can give more advice if needed

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

when does the N7 day challenge go up? I can't find any specifics.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

In that case, where's my pack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

balistafreak posted:

And then I get kicked for having a low N7 score, apparently, because I can't think of any other reason why a lobby full of >1000 N7, <500 Challenge point, non level-20 characters would kick me.

Here's your reason

balistafreak posted:

Why do people always seem to want to fight Cerberus? I actually think they're one of the harder factions, because I find swarms of fast-moving sync-killing ninjas with a low-visibility high-power projectile attack as they advance to be the most difficult challenge of all. Add that to ridiculously powerful stationary turrets that can rip through your shield gate before you can reach for a health pack and you have a nightmare.

• Locked thread