Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow
G/G/B beaten with a Piranha weilding Krogaurd! Just steamrolled over everything in sight! :gifttank:

Also joined a G/C/P game with a Cerberus Vanguard, and the guys asked me if I had a better class to play as. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow

KingShiro posted:

The game refuses to give me Vorcha Soldier and Geth Engineer (not that I would play them but they're the last two I need) :argh: that video reminds me that I haven't gotten a respec power card since they got changed to Uncommon.

Do you have 3 respec cards, because the game will stop giving them to you if you have that many until you use some.

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow
Hey I just met you
And this is crazy
But you played a Kroguard
So friend me maybe?

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow
Ghost is gorgeous! I can't stop playing there!

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Does anyoneon ps3 and want to help me get nomad (complete X waves on different maps)? I literally could not find a game that wasn't on FBW or a Hazard map tonight - I have no issues carrying you through gold, I just don't particularly feel like soloing London or Condor.

I'm still on several evenings a week! Hiro_Chicken is my tag, and anyone, please add me. I'm decent to play with!

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow
I was the sole survivor of a Collectors extraction, but the timer reached 0 when a possessed abomination was next to me. Since all enemies die at 0, it blew up and the mission failure screen popped up. :doh:

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow

Psion posted:

C'mon, that's hilarious.

Possessed abominations need to do friendly fire damage, though. So much. And show up in the killfeed that way.

me [Possessed Abomination] Collector Trooper

It was! I woke my wife up from laughing, and I think I go the extraction credits too!

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow

exquisite tea posted:

In this episode of "oh yeah, I remember that class," the Asari Vanguard is still pretty good, especially after the buffs to Lift Grenade. She's somewhat unique in having three individually good powers that don't mesh together as well as you might expect, which keeps her from truly being top tier IMHO. I'm thinking it might be good to try the cooldown reset evolution on Charge instead of full shields. Anybody have luck with that?

I've been using her a lot recently, and it's been a lot of fun. It also got me into using the Disciple, which I hadn't really used before, but I've come to appreciate it. I only take Stasis to 3 though to help lock down Phantoms.

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow
Hey, PS3 dudes Good games tonight! I had fun freezing everybody through walls and getting gutted by a phantom.

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow
Well some one did Volus Sentinel Platinum Solo. Used an Acolyte as their weapon.

http://youtu.be/ZuxZ5mBTmok

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow
Some one joined my game as a Fury with a Revenant. :what: We did manage to survive 5 waves AND extract. I got a Hurricane VIIish.

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow
Some one with a N7 rank of 16, and they aleady have a Saber :psyduck:

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow
While not as infatuated with the Talon as Lagomorphic, I am glad to have seen more random people using it in the games I've been playing. I even bought a Reserves pack that came with a Talon upgrade (IV I think?). Certainly helps that I can use the Heavy Barrel on it with no problems.

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow

Batham posted:

I haven't played in ages and just played Firebase Ghost again. Holy poo poo, they turned the most boring and dull map into the most beautiful thing I've seen in this game and many other games.

I just want to keep playing it and stare at the rain all day. :psyduck:

:hfive: Such a gorgeous map... :allears:

I guess I should go ahead and do this challenge. Adept and Engineer, here I come!

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow

Sarkozymandias posted:

If we listened to you we wouldn't have playable Volus :colbert:

But there never was any lore about Volus not being able to fight? This always irks me.

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow
Just tried out my krogan vanguard with the Bonus Power evolution. I was against 2 geth primes and a handful of pyros, and I destroyed them all! I think I charged 10 times in a row before having to wait for a cooldown. :getin:

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow

Burning Mustache posted:

What are y'all using for weapons on the giant robot?

I tried the Typhoon for a round, but didn't quite like it. But it was my first game with the juggernaut, so I might retry it. The other games I used the GPS with an omni-blade, and that worked well. Shotgun and Siege Pulse for long ranges, and adding melee to the mix when enemies come close.

What about weapons on the (hot pink) Collector? I used the Collector AR, and that was okay, but I might just got to Talon/Scorpion.

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow

Hamburger Test posted:

When I used to play back around launch Shockwave was considered terrible, has it been fixed in any way? I ask because I unlocked the Batarian Sentinel and I'm really starting t0 like him, but I'm not sure how to use my points.

I play the Batarian Sentinel so I can do this but with Shockwave instead of Lash

http://youtu.be/mxT2Z7CHveU

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow

Elotana posted:

If any of you are still having trouble making a non-boring Cabal build (i.e., not passives + harrier) work, I highly recommend trying the Geth Scanner. Not only will it let you aim your Strike optimally, her melee is pretty generous about dumbfiring too. You can launch yourself at red outlines from beyond walls and corners rather than being exposed for your teleport windup

Playing on Glacier as a Cabal was very fun. Not too effective, but fun. Teleporting between the glass, striking through one side of the staircase to the other. Was very useful to get to objectives caps and pizza deliveries.

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

I like poison strike a lot because you teleport through something and then he dies, just like in my japanese animes where you run past a dude with a katana and then he falls over

Apologies to PS3 squad because I am only playing as these builds from now on. Is there any way to downgrade your weapons?

edit: ahahhahaha mad at RNG fury is the best

PS3 roleplay crew

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow

unclenutzzy posted:

How do you guys spec your Paladin? I think either I wasn't playing him properly, or I messed up the spec as I never felt very powerful.

If you want an especially ineffective pubbie build, ignore Snap Freeze and use your Harrier as much as possible -_- (Please don't!)

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow

Zoran posted:

Skip Stasis, take obvious evolutions on everything else. Use grenade gear and all the power damage bonuses you can find.

You could put 6 points into Stasis but it's only really useful against Phantoms, which you can just charge and grenade for a kill. I also don't like giving up 10% weapon damage for that.

I end up killing Phantoms by charging them, throwing a suped up grenade at my feet, start to get synch killed, and then watch the Phantom blow up. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow

Coritani posted:

Anyone have some build suggestions for a Human Adept? I'm currently following the one linked in the OP, and that gets me doing reasonably well on Gold, but it seems that BEs really are the way to go to defeat the hordes of Banshees and Praetorians. So should I just go for power recharge speed and BE damage where possible?

I use this build http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Adept/Human/RAKPR/Talon5BP3AH5///PowerAmplifierModule4/CommandoPackage5/ on one of my humans. I skip Warp, and instead throw out Singularities and Shockwaves all over. Biggest problem I've had is with Banshees since I have to reapply Singularity with all of their teleporting. Equip Warp Ammo, and you're solid. Gets me lots of points when playing with pubbies or friends.

Although a valid counter-point to my build is that Warp/Shockwave makes a stronger biotic explosion, but that's why you have 2 humans to try out!

• Locked thread