Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
Is Lift Grenades not causing biotic explosions a bug or intentional? I'm replaying single player, and a Singularity with a lift grenade thrown in the middle kills everything on Insanity. :bustem:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Lagomorphic posted:

Are you playing as an adept? They have cluster grenades in single player not lift grenades. Lift grenades prime and cluster detonates.

Vanguard. I take Liara and the Protheon (I don't know why I don't know his name) who has Lift Grenades.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Tremors posted:

Apparantly missile glitching is still a thing. I'm in a platinum game with a guy doing it now. They're using a striker if that means anything.

Yeah, I saw the same thing this afternoon, with the Striker as well.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Also from the DLC that could affect MP: You get Dominate as a bonus power, so my wishes for an Asari Vampire class is one step closer to becoming a thing.

The Raider needs to be in MP too.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

jpmeyer posted:

Maaaaaaaan, after playing multiplayer for something like 4 months now, going back to SP for Leviathan (even with it set to insanity) was like playing on bronze.

Also I totally forgot that I can hold down shift to pause.

Yeah, I'm amazed at how straightforward insanity difficulty is. I'm playing as a Vanguard and a Stasis, Charge, Nova combo will kill a Phantom.

The Blood Pack SMG rules. Even moreso with rank 6 Incendiary ammo. :v:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I've been playing as an Asari Vanguard without Charge because I want an Asari Soldier class. I just maxed out Stasis and Lift Grenades and run in there with a Claymore. :getin:

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#52ARLNRT9p9ZA@@L4O4I4J4

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

After levelling up the Turian Solider to 20, all I can think is that the game could really do with a Turian Engineer or Vanguard to make it a fun class to play as. The niche of do a tonne of damage without really contributing that much isn't working out.

Sentinel is kinda boring too.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I never realised sticky grenades carry ammo powers. I used a cryo ammo III, and one sticky grenade froze a group of Geth troopers. :psyduck: Works great with Tech Vulnrability too.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

The Cerberus Dragoon might be worse than the Phantom. :catstare:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I've been using the striker + cryo ammo with the batarian soldier, and get all sorts of fire, tech and cryo explosions. I thought I understood how they worked until now, but who cares. :getin:

As for the unlocked classes, didn't a lot if the n7 classes have placeholder powers before they were realeases? Or have bioware finally run out things to do? Either the asari or krogan shaman must have dominate, surely.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I still want a Turian Vanguard who has a tech charge. Especially now tech bursts/explosions are a thing now.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

The Drell Adept seems a bit weaker since the update. Reave + Cluster grenades don't seem to wreck as much poo poo as before.

Are there no new Salarian classes lined up? I'd like to see a Sentinel or Soldier.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I'm (attempting to) play for the Blood Pack title. I specced my Krogan Soldier for maxed out Carnage (full damage) and it's awesome combined with an ammo power.

I use a Talon (IV I think) and with Incendiary ammo III, two shots from the Talon plus a carnage can take out a Geth Pyro with a fire explosion.

Getting 200,000 points with the Graal seems annoying though. It still feels like half the shots miss if you're not hosting.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

The next included Sentinel class should have Stasis, Submission Net and Marksman to get that achievement then.

Huh: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/16/groundside-resistance-weapon-pack/

Groundside Resistance adds seven additional weapons to Commander Shepard’s armory. It includes the brand new Venom Shotgun and Executioner Pistol plus the Kishock Harpoon Gun, Striker Assault Rifle, N7 Typhoon Assault Rifle, N7 Piranha Shotgun, and Acolyte Pistol. Lock and load and bring down the Reaper threat!

Hope these get added to MP soon.

E: The Venom is some sort of grenade launching shotgun and the Executioner is a the Claymore in a pistol. One clip, one shot.

Houdini fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 16, 2012

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

The Turian Ghost is really good, and it feels like Bioware brought Immunity back. Definitely feels like a Turian you can actually use on Gold + games.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

The Krogan Shaman is such a boring class. Warp and shockwaving bad guys wasn't that much fun six months ago. :catstare:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I can't help but imagine this is how Bioware got the inspiration for the Turian jetpacks:

I use the Sabre on my Ghost, which works pretty well. It's annoying how weird the aim assist is with the Sabre, and it never wants to target the enemies I actually want to shoot. I made the mistake of going into a Gold match with only a Phaeston, and earned our team a massive 18,000 points. I didn't go down once though. :smug:

E: You can slam dunk the retrieval missions with a heavy melee too.

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Ignore warp.

Each shockwave wub detonates a biotic or tech combo, so just run around with your flamer or reave or snap freeze teammates and cause multiple explosions every 2.5 seconds. He fills a niche here because the other detonator classes aren't very tanky, and the bat sent has more fun netting and headshotting things.

Could've filled the niche of having Slam or Dominate. :frog:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

It's pretty funny watching Cerberus and Colletor troops take cover in the rain and lose their shield/barriers. Since both have fairly slow pressure, they don't tend to rush whatever building you're in either. It's handy if you want to get the biotic achievements for powers that only work against unprotected enemies.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Anyone tried the Collector SMG? :pwn:

Its description says it has anti-armour, but I cloaked and put all 30 rounds into a Cerberus Dragoon and took off about two bars of health at point blank range.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Gonna +1 that build.

I usually take an SMG with me too, mainly for objective rounds. With the weightless SMG mod, they don't noticably impact the cooldown time.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Hurricane VII. :getin: :getin: :getin:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

It works with any class really. It's a fairly close quarters gun, so it's not a good side arm for anyone you use who has a claymore or something like that though.

It really suits the drell vanguard if you want a specific example. Low cooldown, loads of damage out of a charge, and it's the game's version of a backstab if you run up behind an enemy.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I decided to grind out the reave and pull medals towards the biotic god title. It was basically just one shotting enemies with either power and waiting for them to slowly die. I didn't realise one use of pull could kill an unshielded Cerberus Trooper.

I tried the same thing with the Cerberus Adept, grinding lash and shockwave. Lash doesn't seem to rack up the number of points I was expecting. It's a fun power though, as I've never really bothered with the Cerberus Phoenix classes much before.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

The Slithery D posted:

As far as I know, using Smash on Cerbadept and Cerbguard doesn't count towards the shockwave challenge, and there isn't a a separate Smash one.

Yes, Lash takes quite a while to get the points.

I meant to say Singularity.

I'm saving Shockwave for when I aim for the 200 waves as a Batarian Sentinel. :stare:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Bit of a weird bug, but my Argus went from level 5 to level 10 inbetween two PSPs. :stare:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

After completing Borderlands 2, I'd love to see a Krogan class that can duel wield.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Salarian Infilraider is still one of the best classes. Cloak, Energy Drain, Claymore to the face.

It's also really good on the Turian Soldier if you spec for accuracy and damage. You can shoot it twice in a second by activating Marksman now as well.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

That tech armour challenge. :stare: it took me one krotinel bronze match to complete.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Fingers crossed for the Batarian Vanguard tonight.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

I've been playing my beloved Drell Adept with Reave specced for extra armor/barrier damage with no complaints. But I'm wondering if anyone has that last upgrade specced for damage/duration/damage reduction instead, and how that works out for you? Is it worth it to have a bit extra overall offense/defense instead of being a bit more effective against boss types?

I use a Paladin with the piercing mod on my Drell Adept, so I go with the damage/duration/protection rank and shoot enemies with armour. I don't find there to be enough enemies with barrier to go with the top spec either.

Vietnamwees posted:

The BF3 Soldier, along with some of the other MP stuff that was originally exclusive, have been integrated into the regular rotation of items. Supposedly some people on the BW forums complained because they actually bought BF3 just so they could get the ME3 MP character.

Is there any consensus about the BF3 soldier in terms of how good it is or the best way to build/equip him?

Tempest with an ammo power and carnage. :colbert:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I saw a preview of the Mass Effect anime last night. It had a Krogan Sniper in it (that uses an Iscisor), so this is going to be my new Sentinel build.

I also wondered why I'm completing wave after wave of Batarian Sentinel/Soldier matches for a title when they aren't even in the blood pack. :stare:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

The Acolyte is going to get nerfed so bad soon. If it happens on tuesday, I want a drell infiltrator as compensation.

Are there any new Salarian classes lined up? I don't remember one, but it would be nice to get a Sentinel or something.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Would someone mind editing out the hotmail part of my entry? I submitted it on my phone and predictive text decided to enter my entire email address. :stare:

I neglected the Collector Sniper Rifle as I've been too busy with the Graal, but managed to level it up to 7. It's a really cool gun. I prefer to use it as a beam rather than pulse fire it.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

The weird bug of uncommon items being rarer than a volus adept is crazy. I checked the manifest last night, and there's mods like shotgun damage and tech damage that I should've maxed our ages ago but haven't even got. :stare:

I'm going for 200 waves as a vorcha soldier. maxed out melee damage, flamer and scimitar bursts totally rule.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

If you ever want to ruin the Batarian experience, notice that he has the same voice as the Cerberus troops. :argh:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Add a shotgun mod that fires the sword the gun is named after.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Gordon Shumway posted:

If you want to max out silver items, just keep buying Veteran packs.

I posted this the other day, but uncommon stuff seems impossible to unlock now. I only get consumables from veteren packs.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

You can do it with the graal as well. :v:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I hope another change is the inclusion of the Batarian Vanguard this week.

I reset all my classes to 1. I've been playing as the BatSent, and I've only now just hosted a game with this Kishock. What a great gun. :rudebox:

I only noticed the top-eye scope tonight too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

LogicNinja posted:

Batarian Vanguard will hopefully consist of "Blade Armor on, Charge->Heavy Melee all day err day." Is anything as satisfying as that sweet, sweet Falcon Punch?

Edit: Charge, Blade Armor... thoughts on what the third power might be?

Pretty sure it's Lash.

• Locked thread