Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I haven't booted up this game since before Earth came out. I apparently have some catching up and learning to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but playing MQI is the best poo poo ever

Cloak -> Shoot -> quickly Scan -> quickly reload means that basically there is never any cooldown on the cloak. Scanning overrides the cooldown for cloak, and cloaking reload-cancels. I can get shots off with the Mantis about a second apart, all cloaked. It's glorious.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Fringe with Benefits.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I'm a moron with money and rarely buy SPs or PSPs. Enjoy your Krogans. :(

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Edit: I am a moron.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I unlocked a Krogan Sentinel in my first PSP tonight.

I've fallen in love with this game all over again. I have tasted of the fruit of a Krogan Quad Squad, and it is delicious.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Aren't I supposed to stop getting cards for classes I've maxed out? This is dumb.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Rudoku posted:

Only rares.
That explains it, then. All I wanted to do was max out Shotgun Blade Attachment and I couldn't even do that because human Adepts and poo poo kept getting in the way. :mad:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Progress and unlocks don't carry across platforms, do they? I've got a buddy on PC who wants to play with me but I own it on 360. I'd consider buying it on PC if it meant I could keep my progress.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

LogicNinja posted:

gently caress, I'm poo poo at engineers. Geth engineer spamming flamer turret + Overload it is, I guess.
Human eng, spam the poo poo out of incinerate and chain overload. It's still pretty effective and hard to go wrong. Just stay in cover.

Tremors posted:

The one thing they need to add to ME4 multiplayer is a high five button.

Holy gently caress. This is the greatest thing.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Nov 16, 2012

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Burning Mustache posted:

I've got some fairly basic coloring rules;

Salarians are green, Krogan are pink, Geth look like sports cars.
And yeah, I do that thing with the Asari Adept :shepface:

And the N7 Paladin is Mr. Freeze.
I like all of this, and have done basically the same thing since launch with the sole exception of "lol blacked out + armor stripe IT'S TOTALLY SHEPARD" human engineers. It's hard to break that habit.

What's "that thing?"

NuttO posted:

He has a bit of an attitude, but his three brothers are pretty cool.
Yes. Yesssss.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

never change, bsn

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Joker's sister.
I don't remember that being mentioned at all. When was that?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Felinoid posted:

It's more a matter of way too much in common not to be coincidence, I think. Bioware loves their inter-connectivity too much.
The teenage girl from a farm on Tiptree that the Asari kills is named Hilary, with one L.
Joker's sister Hilary, with one L, is [16? 14?] years old, and lives on their dad's farm on Tiptree.

I just don't remember them mentioning his sister at all. My memory's going.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

How the gently caress do I spec and play my shiny new Destroyer. I suck at this game.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Thanks, Muffin. I'll give it a shot.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Unlocking the Black Widow basically revived this game for me. My God. :stare:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

When speccing a KroSent for Murder Things With My Forehead, should I be taking Pure Rage or Fitness expert? I can't decide.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Elotana posted:

Some reddit guy is stepping up where gibbed left off and datamining the latest patch:

Not surprised since the guy who leaked it (on the Bioware forums) is the same guy who was posting about Collectors and Volus before anyone else, he's probably some low-level dev's alt or something.
What's this about a new game mode?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I don't know how you people save up millions of credits. I can't resist buying SPs and PSPs. Also, I eat through medi-gel. Guess I'm just poo poo-tier. :smith:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Houdini posted:

I used a spec op pack on death and popped up back to life. That seems to have been patched in as well.
wait what

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

My brother in law started playing MP Friday, and in 2 Reserves packs opened 2 Volus Engineers and a Volus Adept. One pack had both. According to the Manifest, these are ultra-rare (In fact, the only UR characters.)

He has the best, worst luck.
I still don't buy that these bastards are truly "ultra-rare." I have both of them maxed and I never want to see them again.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Surprisingly, the N7 HQ works very well on a phone so I just do that.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

What the poo poo, I just had the most awesome glitch ever

loaded up my Vorcha Sentinel with a bunch of equipment to go gently caress Banshees in their collective asses on Gold, got Reactor Hazard, and single-player combat music played for the entire match :psyduck:

it was the most epic game ever and I wish it would happen more often

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Do you lose access to Weekend Challenge titles if you change them? This is only the second one I've done in the new format, and I noticed last week's disappeared from the Challenge menu (Though there was no title last week I guess.)
Not all weekend challenges have titles, and no you won't lose access to it. My Corsair title and (unfinished) Halloween titles are still there. :negative:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

512K is enough for tomorrow, right? :negative:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Doc Dee posted:

awesome, Turret can down a Jug spec'd for defense with a Stronghold V in one burst. :psyduck:

Also, apparently you have to be standing on the same level as whatever you're heavy meleeing, just like boss sync kills.
I've seen the first part in action- turret opened up on me and I instantly when down from full shields and health with Stronghold IV. This was on Gold. Maybe there's some sort of damage bug? Lag? An Atlas or something I didn't see?

As for the second, it can be wonky but I've heavy melee'd enemies crouching behind ledges I'm standing over etc. I've had frequently issues with heavy melee just not initiating, though, even on level ground.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

So what's the order of operations for Shotgun Sexbot? Snap Freeze->Cloak->Shotgun? Or should I be firing Snap Freeze from Cloak with Bonus Power?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Man, I just don't think I'm good enough for Platinum. :smith:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Would speccing a Juggernaut for full Turret (with flamethrower) be a wise choice for Platinum play? I feel like the extra tech bursts and distraction from the Turret could be useful but I'm nowhere near a Plat-tier player yet sooo

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The post makes it sound like this is the last weekend challenge. Please don't let that be the case.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I... I did it. I never thought it was possible. :buddy:

Holy gently caress I need a nap. Juggernaut/Paladin/AIU/Volgineer made that hilarious but still really loving hard.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Was that Aria? It's been a while since I've heard her voice and I'm not good at placing it.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

Man I need to get an Awakened Collector.
I have three cards for it. Trade you for a single Battlemaster. :suicide:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

:aaaaa:

I had no idea. Man that knowledge would've come in handy.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Does Chain Overload detonate a tech explosion on every enemy it jumps to, if each enemy was primed?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I can't shake the feeling that the MP servers might not be around for long.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I... I had a dream last night that I attempted to solo Gold. I haven't played this game in months and I've never soloed anything above Bronze.

I think this is a sign.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Rick_Hunter posted:

I prefer this when I'm just tooling around:
Biotic Hammersmith

But if you have a friend that plays a N7 Paladin or EDI bot and likes to Snap Freeze a lot, I like this:
Shatter all the things

Adjust to your own predilections.
Do the hammers count as a power?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Two Finger posted:

That's pretty much the only area in the game where HURRRR ARRGGHHHH will not carry you. I've always thought an Infiltrator with a good rifle would clean it up really fast, but I've not tested it. Anyone?
Confirm. I did a pure damage Infiltrator for my Insanity run and had no issues for about 98% of the game with a Black Widow 3/4. I think the Kai Leng fight is the only thing that stands out as giving me trouble.

• Locked thread