Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

VJeff posted:

So I heard that if you slap ultralights on an SMG and slap them on a pistol too, they'll both work, and I guess the OP confirms it. I guess it's double sidearm time in Fury town.

I do this on my Fury, and it works. It's a very odd way to 'fix' SMG Ultralight, but there you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Ravenfood posted:

Multifrags will save your face so many times.

They'll save your teammates, too, if you hit a Banshee with them mid-grab.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Two Finger posted:

One must be left standing in the extraction zone after the shuttle crashes, leaving them no chance of escape. The game will continue until this player is killed.

Surprise Survival Mode would be a nice event. "Survive Wave 11 for X minutes on Gold or Platinum without Medi-gel or teammate revival"

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

VJeff posted:

half a dozen banshees amorously pawing at you.

That is the worst mental image :gonk:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Cheap Vodka posted:

The saber is so loving good. Put an extended barrel and piercing mod on it and it basically turns into a railgun. The weight is kind of high, but I just use it on the Destroyer since cooldowns don't mean poo poo with that class.

The best part of the Saber is the sound it makes. I like to just fire it randomly in between waves.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

JackMackerel posted:

On one hand, there's Reave, as you said.

On the other, it ensures your squad vaporizes that rear end in a top hat Centurion, or at least ensures he's out of cover/has stopped firing at you for the time being.

Reave staggers, too, hits instantly, and gives you damage resistance. Everything Pull does, other than make near-dead guys float, is done by Reave.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

KidKrampus posted:

Edit for original content: Can anyone tell me the best way to use the Revenant? I love its rate of fire, but it just doesn't seem to do much for me. I know many people love it, but perhaps I'm just not putting it on the right character or using the right consumables. I tried it on the Turian soldier and the Destroyer with maxed stability and rate of fire.

Hold down fire button with Marksman or Devastator Mode active. Become Rambo. Repeat as necessary.

Extended barrel is your best friend, and his buddy magazine size will want to come along. Turians don't need stability mods, and Destroyer can do fine without them, too. Piercing mods or ammo also go well with the Revenant.

The Revenant and Typhoon are all about filling the air with bullets. So many bullets.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Eviscerator, Disciple, Scimitar, Katana. Every shotgun works. It's really not fair to compare them to the Pirahna.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

SciFiDownBeat posted:

It's not fair? I mean, I guess you could say that since the Katana, the Scimitar/Eviscerator, and the Disciple/Piranha are different tiers (common, uncommon and rare respectively) you can't really put them on the same level, but I know I'd pick the Piranha over the Eviscerator any day, any class, any map.

I was playing with the Eviscerator today and I realized that (as a slow-firing, high-damage shotgun) it would synergize really well with a caster class. But I would still use a Piranha over it. It's just too good man!

When I say fair I mean in the sense that the Pirahna was blatantly overpowered, to the point of replacing most weapons.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

London sucks because it's a dark map and the stupid RED VEINS AND poo poo when you take health damage make it impossible to see anything that isn't right in front of you.

Condor sucks for mostly the same reason.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I just got a Shadow and I have no idea what weapon to use. I was thinking SMGs or shotguns and a pistol.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Leave the Phantoms to the Shadows, man. We have to show them how it's really done.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

The missile launcher in the N7 soldier class seems rather... underwhelming. Does the damage eventually add up?

No, it doesn't. Unless Bioware buffs it a lot, don't put any points in it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Magic Love Hose posted:

Thanks for the breakdown on the numbers behind Spectre packs. I'll switch to that strategy since I still have a number of silver unlocks to go.

Eventually I'll get the dang N7 Paladin. But yes, I do need more consumables and more silver gear. My current consumables is at 0/2/0/255. (The mystery of which one is 255 dies with me.)

If you're on PC, just rename the DLC folders (MP_DLC_1 or 2), then load up the game and buy your SPs or PSPs. It will remove all items from the packs but vanilla and Earth items. Your unlocks are stored on your account itself, so just close ME3 up after you're done buying and rename the DLC folders to what they were.

Deactivating the DLC on the 360 and PS3 will do the same thing.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Magic Love Hose posted:

Interesting! I'll try this. Do I have to deactivate Origin/shut the game down before doing this, or turn off any kind of auto-updating?

You can leave Origin running the entire time, but yes, shut the game down when you're messing with folder names to be on the safe side.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Stability is recoil, accuracy is pellet spread.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Gordon Shumway posted:

Finally! Anybody got any advice on which mods I should use for it?

Armor piercing, extended clip, bullet reuse chance, damage, stability for non-turians/Destroyers.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

For Shadows, do you guys recommend movement speed and shield recovery or 50% sword damage after a kill for Sword Mastery?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Consumable equipment also says it's used up after one mission, while gear doesn't say it's used up after one mission. Gear also doesn't have a count, like consumables. :eng101:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Pyros can be stunlocked by any melee if you time it right. On higher difficulties, that Hunter would have shot you in the face during its stun animation. Twice.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Zifnab posted:

The most fun I've ever had is running around with a Turian Soldier with a Revenant and a Hurricane :getin:

Group of Turians Soldiers with Revenants and/or Hurricanes. We made it to wave 8 on Gold on Hydra, I think.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I think the weirdest thing about the Fury is how she's the Adept In The Iron Mask, yet she talks exactly like every other human. Guess I just expect someone with that kind of headgear to sound like a Phantom.

Phantoms and Nemesiseses sound like that because of the horrific cybernetics and Reaper-tech they're implanted with. As in, the Nemesis' lenses aren't a mask.

You can also just say everybody is using space radios. except the Krogans. They just shout real loud.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Ravenfood posted:

Charge something close and run back to the zone. You'll survive.

Alternately, stay out of the zone and keep everything focused on the Biotic Headbutt Machine.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

jpmeyer posted:

Slayer: Talon, a real shotgun, or something totally different?

It is a shotgun you can put a scope or ultralight on.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Zikan posted:

Glacier/Cerberus/Gold is usually a good one for pick up groups. People tend to either move through the map together killing all the spawns or hold up in the center room and kill everything. Holding up in the center room with an organized group works well on Platinum apparently but I've never tried it.

The one time I did Platinum there, we camped out in the little room at the top of the stairs. The Demolisher dropped a pylon, and the Destroyer and Infiltrator did their things, strafining out into the doorway. I was a Fury and basically became anti-Phantom Patrol, AFielding everything on the stairs and in the room, and detonating when I had the chance.

It went really well, even when Banshees would teleport into the room. The room was small enough that they only used melee and their shockwave, which the pylon could cover for.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

On my Shadow should I spec N7, sword mastery, or both?

Both. You are a ninja. Max sword mastery. I took N7 to 5 because I use light guns or ultralight mods. Electric Slash got the pity points so I have something to do when Shadow Strike will put me in a crowd of Phantoms and Atlases.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Vietnamwees posted:

As for what I would solo/duo this with? Probably Asari Adept on Cerberus since I can just stasis everything except Atlases, and then just Biotic Combo those since they're so slow.

Krogan or human Vanguard, or Vorcha against Geth. With no instant kills Geth are the safest, Nova is still ridiculous, and Krogan Vanguards and Vorcha are functionally immortal.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

James R posted:

Pete the Vorcha, the Krogan are named after ex-girlfriends.

I read this as Pete the Vorcha, the Krogan.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

rocket_350 posted:

How about Geth Destroyers. The size of a Prime but they'll run at you and melee you to death.

So a robotic Krogan?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Felinoid posted:

Awesome! What the geth always needed was more stagger! :downsgun:

Really, Bioware? Are you determined to make the geth just not fun to ever play? Do you have that much of a hard-on for loving with geth gold farmers even now that everyone's farming platinum easy as pie?

Really, though, the Prime's drones were always supposed to fire missiles. It does suck that they didn't add that bug fix to the patch notes, though.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Kaizer88 posted:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/324/index/14346429

HAH, knew collectors would be coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqwuHFIgIA

New Turian Soldier, Turian infiltrator, and what looks like a krogan adept with shockwave in the trailer. 16 new classes? that sounds like a lot...

Jizzed my pants when the Turian started JETPACKING AROUND.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yea, the Drell is probably Sentinel or Engineer. If they keep it one character per class, the Infiltrator is covered by the Asari and Krogans get the Adept (which is probably a female, being a shaman).

If the shaman is a female, it's gonna make Brogan parties weirder. What nickname could we give them? Galgan? Femgan?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The good thing about the Praetorian kill is that it looks like it takes long enough to actually be able to focus fire it down before it kills someone. Every other kill is practically instant, minus Banshees.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Brutes have one. They smash you into the ground instantly with no chance of someone killing it in time to save you.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I couldn't hear you over the sound of Turian Vanguard.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Good lord, 16 new characters? Combined with a new enemy faction, new enemies for existing factions, new weapons, weather hazards/effects, and traps? And it's still FREE? Bioware, seriously, spin this off into a full multiplayer game with this kind of support.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Loving the new thread title.

Iam one of those people that is compelled to buy PSP at DLC releases. :10bux:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yes is it fun to group up with whoever.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

TwistedLadder posted:

Then obviously the solution is to also be an unstoppable, headbutting biotic juggernaut.

The solution is to stop caring about your score and shoot the things that are shooting the Krogan. Just now, someone said "You can do it Krogan!" as I was keeping two Primes distracted :3:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

One nice change I saw last night when dropped into a game with people farming G/W/P was that Banshees now seem to immediately teleport over the cover in the grab room and start executing people. That certainly livened up the game.

They'll also just walk right over it. One walked over cover on Condor, prompting me to run even harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The Saber is the best gun, I don't see a problem there.

KACHUNK KACHUNK

• Locked thread