Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH
If anyone's on today send me an invite
xbox gt: Baron von Moose
I will warn you now, I die pretty often and I have next to no weapons or gear because I don't get to play all that often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH
Is anybody on right now, I would truly enjoy playing in a full group before old hurricane sandy knocks my drat power out for the next few days.

xbox gt: Baron von Moose

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH
Played in a game with a missile glitcher for the first time. He quit(or got disconnected who knows) in the middle of the sixth wave. It was only a gold match but I swear the other two players had no business playing on gold. I know gold isn't the highest difficulty but I don't understand why people play on a difficulty they are so ill suited for. And why I constantly seem to get stuck with them.

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH
Thank the lord for these reserve packs, I want to fill out all my characters. Speaking of, just unlocked the Geth infiltrator, whats the best way to spec him out and use him?

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH
If anyone is on and looking for one more on xbox send me an invite/message GT: Baron von Moose

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH
What's the recommended build/weapons/play style for the turian ghost? I finally am getting characters I want in these reserves packs

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH
Just played my first few rounds of platinum matches with goons. Actually went a lot better than I expected. In the last game or two the shuttle stayed for the entire game, but only one other player and myself could see it. Then after I went down I noticed every time the host used a ladder it was not displaying properly. If he went down the ladder, his character just ran straight out at the top floor level in the air, up the ladder he'd just run into a wall and then magically appear somewhere in the top room. It. Was. Fantastic. :allears:

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH

Unclouded posted:

A few days ago we had a few full goon games of platinum on Giant against Cerberus. It is a good spot if you work together, but as always the objective waves (and sync kills) can make or break you. We had two Geth Troopers, A Volus Engineer, and a Salarian Infiltrator.

Yeah seriously this went far better than I expected it to. I know that it was well coordinated and everyone that was playing is good but I've been thinking platinum is an impossibility for a long time and Firebase Giant really dispelled that myth for me.

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH

Alteisen posted:

Joined a pubby game, set to firebase Rio, everyone ran into some container and all died in a great big pile in there, I finished the wave, and they all stayed in the container again, this time we all died because gently caress soloing reapers.

There something about that map I'm not aware off? It was a container near the back, where the ammo box is.

Yeah people camp in there because nothing [big] can melee you or grab you. If you have a volus shield boosting in there its pretty easy but its just so little fun. I actually ran into this recently. Joined a game to get some waves with a mediocre character on silver, they switched it to platinum on Rio. It is pretty humorous watching these kids who have no business being on platinum attempt to complete object waves. Especially the disarm variant.

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH
Holy crap, I ran into a guy tonight that had the best of the best banner today, the one for completing all the other challenges. Decided to take a peak at his N7 Card and apparently he's ranked pretty high. http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=jm2207&platform=xbox

also 824+ hours played :stare:

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH
What's the best weapon for the N7 Shadow? You can never really go wrong with the hurricane can you?

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH
I pretty much expect pubbies to be selfish at all times. It's just the nature of the beast. Pretty much every online game ever you can expect like 99% of the player base to be selfish pricks. You'd think it'd be different in a co-op experience but they never change.

Speaking of change, does bioware plan on addressing the collectors balance issues at all? I hate them, a lot, for all manner of reasons.

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH

Enter Char posted:

It wasn't a huge loss, it was only bronze because I wanted to knock out the weekend challenge quick.

Wait people vote kick in bronze? :catstare: I feel like you have to be on a phone interview, while driving, through a creek, full of land mines, and ocelots in order to fail on bronze.

In a non ridiculous fashion I actually really like this game with goons more than most any game. Playing all Kroguards against Geth is a blast. Though I am a selfish bastard and will try completely to steal any and all Prime points available to me until I complete that challenge.

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH

WeaponBoy posted:

Ok, so I've mostly been playing as a Turian Soldier in gold matches with a Cerberus Harrier I and that's been working alright. I have a Vanguard for silver matches where I just bop around like a tard and I also had a Volus Engineer that I used to shield spam, but I promoted him because...eh, no reason, and I've got him back up to level 16. I'm not really sure what other classes I have are worth using. I looked at the Havoc, but I couldn't figure out a good spec. Same thing for a Geth Infiltrator.

Here's my manifest, by the way: http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=WeaponBoy&platform=pc

I am a big fan of the Geth Inflitrator as a run around and shotgun people kind of class, but I usually use the Piranha which you don't yet have. http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Infiltrator/Geth/EFRNR//////
I don't think the Havoc is a great class. Personally I have him specced out of cryo blast simply for Havoc strike shenanigan matches.

Randomly I found that the Turian soldier with marksman actually turns the Valkryie into a good gun. Maybe it was just because I was gridning challenges on silver, but I couldn't stop getting 75 Assault rifle kills each match. It actually made me pretty happy.

edit: corrected my build

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH

EvanSchenck posted:

So I just tried a random platinum game, and it was Rio/Reapers. The other three players immediately went and hung out inside the container fort. I set up alone by the other ammo box in the containers. I seldom play platinum and this was the first time I'd seen the Rio farming box in action--does that strategy actually work? All three of them died constantly and I had to run over and bail them out once or twice per wave. Finally in Wave 8 I was bushwhacked and sync-killed by a Phantom while trying to revive them, and without they managed to medigel and chain revive for about 30 seconds before they wiped.

I have to ask, does that strategy actually work? As far as I could tell the only advantage is that Banshees couldn't grab them, and the disadvantage was that packing everybody into that tiny alcove made them ridiculously vulnerable to most everything else. A couple of the times I had to bail them, they'd all been killed by a single Marauder.

If you have the right classes it works alright. Specifically if you have a volus just spamming shield boost it works but it's super boring. I know of another goon who goes in spams shield boost and plays words with friends.

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH

moist turtleneck posted:

I don't know why people say Geth White Gold farming is dead, you just have to make sure you're all Kroguards that headbang in a group after every round :riker:

Seriously. And I'm willing to bet this is a lot more fun than sitting in one place. Platinum is fun every once in a while. I like the intensity I like the challenge. As a whole gold is so much better to me. I can play with most any class, we can do shenanigan rounds like all Krogan, all Batarian head punchers, all Volus, all Geth etc. If smashing Geth as a Krogan is wrong, I don't want to be right. :colbert:

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH

Psion posted:

Snooze through a bronze solo? Don't mind if I do.

Maybe I'll do this with the Avenger or something. Or the Collector Sniper Rifle because I hate myself!

also since I finished Death Guard (reaperse.cx) I'm looking to do the Geth and Cerberus titles. They're not so bad, but anyone have a good strategy for getting Geth Bombers and specific waves to look for Cerberus Guardians? I know they boosted Guardian kill points so that one won't be bad if I can make sure to find the drat guys. Geth Bombers, though, I'm pretty far behind compared to every other geth enemy, so I want to prioritize them - both difficulty/waves and best strategies for killing the little bastards.

Silver is your best bet for Guardians. On gold they only show up in waves 2 and 9, silver they show up in 2, 3, 6(if the objective on this wave is target elimination the targets will be Guardians), and 10. I have no info on Geth bombers, I found them to be fairly plentiful (see also: fairly annoying) so I had no real issue getting the points hammered out. I think prime points took me the longest.

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH
Seriously I don't really want any more volus characters. Salarians, uhh yes please. Also I want a Geth vangaurd with something similar to a havoc strike just for giggles. I like most of the Hazards with the exception of Glacier and sometimes Dagger so I'm actually interested to see what they do with that.

As far as getting the gold medal for weapons I also think that using Marksman makes things a bunch easier. I used to Turian soldier with a Valkyrie to get it (and got a Valkyrie III as my reward :toot:). Bioware's coding is so weird, I kept getting 75 kills before I'd get my 75 Assault riffle kills. I used only my gun no other powers outside of Marksman, no melee, no grabs. I don't even begin to comprehend why that was.

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH

Vietnamwees posted:

Heh, if you told me 6 months ago that there would be multiple Volus characters to use in this game, I would have said not in a million years, and look where we are now.

Also I thought that 75 kills/75 specific weapon kills are technically two different medals so thats why they appear first before the weapon one, because you still technically got 75 kills, it just registers the generic kind first.

Yes the medals are separate and appear one right after another if you earn them at the same time. However, I would earn the 75 kills medal and then I would have to kill 5-10 more enemies before earning the AR medal(I don't know how many exactly I didn't/never will feel like counting). Also I was using drill ammo so maybe it was counting them as ammo kills, who knows :iiam:

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=Sas0ri%20Sting&platform=xbox 1242 Hrs played. I just don't even have words.

edit: proper link

Moose12 fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 28, 2013

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH

Doc Dee posted:

Is it better than the Avenger? I've literally NEVER used it, SP or MP

I think its better than the avenger. Especially if you use Marksman. The Valkyrie AR gets a lot of grief for good reason, but its not horrendous. I literally struggle to get less than 75 Kills with it on a marksman class on silver. On Gold I can usually pull down ~50 ish kills with it, which is pretty standard for me mid-tier AR wise.

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH

Kaizer88 posted:

Nice idea from the BSN forums on a weekend operation to honour Zaeed in light of his voice actor recently passing away :
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/15803626
Operation: MERCENARY (February 8th-10th)(not official)

Event Description: Our forces are being exausted on all fronts. To relive some pressure on our footholds, we have aquired the help of several mercenary groups, some of which refused to help us before. Reaper forces have pinpointed several of our supply routes, preventing us from getting more equipment and weapons to our new allies. It's up to us to use what we have and push them back.

Individual Goal: Earn 50,000 points with the M-8 Avenger.

Allied Goal: Complete 100,000,000 cumulative total points with the Inferno Grenades and the Concussive Shot power.

Special Circumstance: None

Individual Goal Success: All individual players awarded a Commendation Pack and Massani banner

Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack and the potential max capacity for Thermal Clip Packs will be increased to 6.

If this does end up being official I guess it'll be time to dust of the avenger which I personally hate (though I do enjoy the noise). I will however have no problem spamming the ever loving piss out of inferno grenades.

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH

moist turtleneck posted:

I've definitely been staggered out of Batarian heavy melee in the last couple days. Your results may vary. That Platinum Giant speedrun was pretty awesome, can't wait for pubbies to try to do it like they do the Rio box without a Volus :D Plus, they never have any medigels going into a platinum run for some crazy reason.

Because pubbies believe that platinum is easy due to the Rio box. Its amusing watching the mad house poo poo show that is the activate/deactivate 4 objective waves. Grief-bot activate!

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH
I just really want the new DLC to drop soon, or at least get some info on when its coming out/what it will have. I'm still amazed how bad some people are in this game at this point though. Seriously who leaves the search with unknown difficulty?

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH

Fanzay posted:

That's what I thought. I've slung out some friend requests.
I'll be playing this weekend, so add my GT: Fanzay for a good time.

There are a group of goons on xbox that still play on a fairly regular basis, make sure you add N7 Goons to your friends list if you haven't done so already (metatag). Just send some of the people on the list a message or invite. GT: Baron von Moose by the way.

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

I hate the Demolisher ever since that game where my team took four of them. On the other hand, I love them if I'm a Devastator. Stagger poo poo all day long.

Does anyone else get annoyed when a poo poo class takes the grenades? I'm sorry, Human Soldier, but your Frag Grenades are poo poo compared to mine, can you wait in line?

If two or more of my teammates are playing with grenade classes I'll just pick something else. Otherwise I just try to avoid the other grenade class. It is annoying constantly finding boxes that have recently had their grenades pilfered. I don't care if the guy before me got good grenades out of it, I wanted them :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH

Rick_Hunter posted:

Theoretically, what is the worst score someone can get if they survive a Platinum game?

moist turtleneck posted:

I think we found out what the lowest score on Platinum is

A little late but yeah about what my score is here more or less(Baron von Moose). I didn't shoot my gun at all, killed a few swarmers by accident with the shield boost. And yes I am proud of my score. The recon debuff counts for nothing also.

Edit: I suppose that it could be lower if all the objectives were targets, devices, or package recovery and you didn't bother to take part in any of them.

Moose12 fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 7, 2014

• Locked thread