Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Okay, I haven't played since the Batarian/Geth pack. What's all the cool and overpowered bullshit now?

Geth Infiltrator with a Piranha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Oooh London. Cerberus/Gold is seriously fun on that map :D

Wait it doesn't say if we have to fight specific Enemies for the Squad goal? Why can't Bioware write those announcements in a way that doesn't leave a bunch of unanswered questions.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#45MDPIL@0@0@A@@@0@0@0@0

High level Carnifex or Paladin with melee stunner (or whatever you have to keep your cooldown as low as possible), runspeed consumables and melee damage gear, don't play Reapers and always know where shielded enemies are - they are your lifeline. Be aggressive, only use your gun on Guardians or Stasis'd Phantoms and break LoS before you use Shadow Strike on a Phantom.
Cloak -> Shadow Strike -> Shadow Strike -> Melee if not dead -> run away, repeat. Use Slash on primed groups or something, I always forget I have that skill.

It's a really fun way to play, but you absolutely have to take risks. Lots of them.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Nordick posted:

EDIT: Speaking of biotics with guns, do Asari Justicars usually run with some more firepower than the usual Adepts? They do get quite a hefty reduction to the weight of ARs, but that would require taking the passive up to 6.

Saber rocks.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Oh great, can't even load multiplayer anymore. Loading times have gotten worse and worse since release and now it just times out after 5 minutes. Guess I'm done with this crap.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

UnknownMercenary posted:

- Players can no longer grab Geth Pyros over cover

Still trying hard to kill FBWGG farming then.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Wow, I did not expect a new enemy faction. Should be fun :woop:

Renews my hope that we'll get ME2 mercs as well. I want to fight Eclipse and Blue Suns again.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

thexerox123 posted:

I haven't noticed any difference from DLC to DLC either, I was guessing it might be a difference of platform. I'm playing on 360, is the PC version the one getting longer loading times, perhaps?

I'm on PC, and getting past the "Connecting to EA Servers/Checking DLC" in the main menu takes about 2 minutes now. Loading multiplayer is another 30 seconds.
On release day they were both instant.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Is the Raider good I've gotten three in a row now?

I've been using the Raider on a Geth Infiltrator and it hits like a freight train. I'm not sure if it's more or less effective than a Piranha, but I find the 2-shot semi-automatic style of the Raider to be more fun. With the accuracy bonuses it has surprisingly good range for something Bioware calls "very short ranged".

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Ugh, Collectors combine the least fun parts of all the other factions.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
One thing that absolutely needs to be reduced is the enemy dodge chance. I played an Asari Adept again today for old time's sake and when a Pyro can dodge 2 Warps and 3 Throws something's wrong.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
The problem currently is that the DLC seems to have broken the player's healthgate. That's why mooks can now kill you from full shields to dead in half a second on silver and it's really frustrating.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Perfectly Cromulent posted:

Well that really puts a kink in my Mathemagician plans since I don't have a character with Shadow Strike or Electric Slash and the Tech Armor challenge is basically impossible.

I finished the Geth Turret challenge just fine. Didn't even take that long.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
I'm kinda disappointed we got the Krogan Shaman today to be honest.

But the new hazard maps are gorgeous! I want a rainy nighttime version of every map :allears:

And those challenge changes are retarded.

Gasoline fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 16, 2012

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Commendation packs are supposed to be awarded immediately now. However it seems this is currently broken.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Has anyone else noticed that Cerberus engineers now spam turrets like there's no tomorrow? If they're at a turret spot they start placing it even if I set them on fire from 2 meters away.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

I look forward to the "gently caress continuity" achievement banner myself.

That achievement really should just be unlocked as soon as you start ME3.

As for dream classes, I still want an Asari with Dominate :allears:

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

PurplieNurplie posted:

So, I'm having kind of a weird problem. I try to boot the game up, and, even when I'm online in Origin, no matter what happens, the game says that the ME3 servers are unavailable. After it gives me that message (and fails the DLC authorization,) if I hit connect to servers a few times it logs me in anyway. In other words, I can play multiplayer, just without any DLC :confused:. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this, and is there any way for it to recognize that I have an internet connection the first time it tries to connect to the servers?

Change your Origin password. Sounds retarded but works for me every time.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Psimitry posted:

I can't speak for the masses, but with the exception of the ending, I was more wrapped up in the story of the third, and with the drat near perfect gameplay of the third than any other in the series.

I just could not get into the ME3 single player at all because there were no dialog choices. And too much obnoxious Alliance military hoorah. And the new squadmates were all kind of stupid.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Tremors posted:

Are you being facetious or did you set your game to "action" mode instead of rpg?

I admit I'm exaggerating but compared to the first two games there are much fewer dialog choices. Most have been downgraded to 2 and the fact that there are whole conversations where Shepard just goes on and on and on without my input made me hate it. It'd be fine in a new IP or whatever but I expected different from Mass Effect.

And no, I didn't play in action mode. I haven't played SP since April though, so maybe my memory is a little fuzzy as well.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Does the bonus damage apply to Biotic explosions?
If so, would Cloak->DC->Harrier/Hurricane->Cloak->Warp repeat be the way to go? Haven't played her yet, still in love with the Valkyrie :v:

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
The ridiculous dodge chance of enemies, the tech explosion changes and the massively more powerful weapons have sadly made the Asari Adept redundant.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
I'm still not past Tuchanka in the singleplayer, and I got ME3 on release day.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Hurricane X :getin:

Now if only packs would drop more SMG Amps for me :(

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Schubalts posted:

Oh god, I was just looking at the promo shot with the Turian and two Juggernauts and noticed something. The Banshees have EDI-style cameltoe. Why did I have to notice it now?! Their horrible cyber-nipples were bad enough! :gonk:

Yeah, that's definitely a :nws::nms:thing.:nms::nws:

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
When Dark Channel jumps to a new target after being detonated, that new target is primed.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
EDI is incredibly good, the Juggernaut is nice as well but I don't like slow classes.

I want to like the Cabal but I have no idea how to spec her so she actually does damage that's worth noticing on Gold :(

The Talon is really underwhelming. The mines are fun but the bow damage sucks, the bow lock on is clunky as hell and for some reason he's missing some talent points at level 20 :confused:

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Holy poo poo the melee Cabal is amazing fun. It's like a demented Novaguard.

Using this build: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Vanguard/Cabal/JQMDL/Talon6AG5AJ5//StrengthEnhancer3/CyclonicModulator3/JuggernautShield5/
Heavy melee is your charge, spam the hell out of Biotic Focus between melees. Blades help a lot against Phantoms and bigger things and Poison Strike is pretty much just for escaping.

New favorite class :woop:

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

:getin:

I think I can stop playing weekend challenges now.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Me and a friend just played our first ever Platinums for the Challenge (on Glacier) and it was a lot easier than I expected.
Granted, the team ended up being 2 EDIs, a Juggernaut and a Warlord but ~140k for sub-20 minute matches? I should have done this a lot earlier :v:

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
I guess that means no more weekend OPs then.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

CowboyAndy posted:

Question for the PC players; we of the Xbox ME3 clan have noticed many of the banners are broken and are showing a rainbow-like image. Are you all having the same problem?

Yes. All of the alternate/weekend challenge banners are busted. Those aren't actually in the game files - they're supposed to be on some EA/Bioware server, which is why they take longer to load than the others. Since the last Origin update the game can't seem to fetch them anymore, so it just displays a placeholder.

This actually makes me not want to keep doing the last few promotions, because what good is being BotB when I can't have my FemShep banner? :smith:

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
After 600 hours I finally maxed out my manifest.
I feel strangely empty.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Having to get used to the soft cover mechanic is worth it just for having different buttons for different things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Digirat posted:

Question: If you aren't experiencing any performance problems when you host, in other words you experience no random frame drops, game speed slowdowns, hitching, or bugs that you don't see as a client, what is your hardware?

i5-6600, 1060 6gb, 16gb ram

The friend I was playing with also didn't have those issues in the matches he was hosting, and his machine is weaker than mine, but I don't know his specs.

• Locked thread