Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Okay, I haven't played since the Batarian/Geth pack. What's all the cool and overpowered bullshit now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Does anyone know about a problem with actually connecting to anyone in game? If I make my own game, nobody ever connects. If I quick match, it's set to endlessly searching. It was working perfectly fine when I played the game last, which was way back in the geth/batarian dlc era. I've re-installed Origin, ME3, reset my router and all that nonsense, but nothing works.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Burning Mustache posted:

Have you downloaded all the DLC that got released since (the most recent being the Earth DLC)?

I have. Apparently it's an issue with some friends server nonsense. My friend list is perpetually loading.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
What map/enemy setup is the easiest to grind money for?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
How should I spec the N7 engineer for farming Glacier/Platinum? I did it a few times with my krogan vanguard with pubbies (somehow I managed not to score last despite only having a Crusader and Charge/Barrier). None of the times included a justicar, and every single one included a N7 engineer.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
The missile launcher in the N7 soldier class seems rather... underwhelming. Does the damage eventually add up?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Does anyone else have a problem with the buttons 'sticking'? What happens is that I'll tap a button to shoot or aim down sights or whatever, and it'll just unload all my ammo if I shoot, or stay permanently zoomed in. This is the only game that this happens in, and it's kinda irritating.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
What the heck are the blue rift things that alternate between these trophies and your class name in character select?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I'm completely out of the loop once again. What's the most cost efficient way to get items of each rarity? Common sense indicates recruit = common, veteran = uncommon, etc, but I seem to recall some math indicating otherwise.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Is the Acolyte any good?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I just unlocked Volus Adept from a regular spectre pack, and good lord, this guy is amazing. Can't take cover, but short enough for it not to matter, and you can shoot over the cover. Regular melee makes you invisible. The combat roll /staggers/ enemies. Makes any enemy that does damage over time completely irrelevant. If it weren't for these challenges, I'd never play another class again.

I'm almost done with the Avenger challenge because I never need to duck back into cover to wait out a shield restore, solely because of Volus Adept.

TastyLemonDrops fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 23, 2012

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Does anyone know if the biotic orbs cooldown reduction stacks past 200%?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Well, okay, game. Just got Volus Engineer and Asari Valkyrie in a single PSP. Are you weighted to get newer classes when they're released?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Insert name here posted:

I just unlocked Volus Adept; any advice on how to spec it?

6/6/6/6/0. Bubble stasis, cooldown biotic orbs, maxed out shield restore. Take a sniper rifle. Enjoy your free headshots from stasis, which is long enough for you to get two shots on a single target with a Mantis (without sniper rifle amp, this is important), or 4-5 shots with a black widow. The only problem is that you are utterly useless against bosses, except as a healer.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Zoran posted:

My first level X ultra rare! :legion:

It's a Scorpion X. :shepface:

Scorpion is super awesome. Congrats! Isn't it gold though?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Dan Didio posted:

Perfect. Speaking of, anyone have any ideas for playing a Volus Adept. I've mostly been playing ina support role and keeping everyone else alive as much as I can, but it does kind of level me up slowly because there's not many opportunities for killin' folks.

Grab a sniper rifle and play as a sniper that happens to not need cover at all. You will won't lead the scoreboard unless you're a ridiculously good shot, but it's definitely more fun than running around spamming heals. You can get off two shots with single shot rifles, or four with a black widow before stasis wears off.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Am I the only one who's annoyed that promoting your guys no longer deletes them from your 'roster'? Hate trying a class and then seeing subsequent levelup markers whenever I change characters.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

PestiferousTrollop posted:

What's a good class to put the kishock to use? Seems like on an actual sniper(ability to snipe included) it could be good, but other weapons do better. The lack of hipfire penalty and low magnification seems to encourage closer range use, but it's pretty heavy if you want to use powers much, and having to charge it to get full damage could be tricky.

Also, in the weapon damage document from the OP, is the base projectile damage for the kishock charged or uncharged?

Volus Adept. Asari Vanguard.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
There is nothing better than making it to the end of a hard fought collector wave, watching two possessed abominations run up, and having the pubbies kill them and wipe the entire team literally 1 second before extraction.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Apparently Battlefield 3 Soldier is unlockable now. :psyduck:

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Stickman posted:

Its also totally worth slumming a bronze just to fire blades into a spawn and walk away slowly.

It's worth slumming into bronze to finish off lovely weapons challenges. I'm looking at you, Incisor :colbert:

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Mr.Flibble posted:

Aim for the body, the recoil will send one of the bullets at the head.

I already did the challenge and solved it by playing a Turian Soldier. Why have one bullet at the head when you get all three?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Use both!

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I was complaining about not being able to finish off my common classes after buying a ton of recruit packs. Of course, the next spectre pack I buy has one of the common classes I need to max out.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Which upgrade for the final evolution of Lash is better? Both seem awfully good.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Lagomorphic posted:

So the challenge seems to only count damage done to the actual shields not enemies who (used to) have shields. Took two Cerb Gold games to finish. Got a Crusader VIII and a cool banner.

Is that Aria? :swoon:

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Will I get in trouble playing with a dude using the missile launcher glitch? I'm idling in a platinum game right now since he's just clearing everything.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Felinoid posted:

Profiting off of a missile glitcher makes you just as culpable in Bioware's eyes, but they won't ban you unless there's a pattern indicating that you're doing it intentionally. The occasional missile glitching match might be okay, but whether you want to take the risk (especially since you can't know what cheating games you've not noticed you were in) is up to you.

Yeah. This was the first time I had ever seen a missile glitcher. Sure was a thing.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Are there any guns worse than the Raptor? This thing is such a piece of poo poo. The worst part is that of course Nemeses get a super powerful sniper rifle while ours does no damage.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Getting 10 promotions on each class type is a lot easier when the PSPs I pick up poo poo out class cards so I start out a newly promoted class at level 13+. I'm about to max out Volus Engineer and I still don't have a ton of gold cards :psyduck:

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

UnknownMercenary posted:

If your teammates are in the middle of a reload animation while you shield boost it will play the animation out, but the gun will still be empty and your teammates cannot fire or use powers unless they die or heavy melee.

It's gotten me killed more than a handful of times. If there's a Volus in a PUG I stay the hell away from them.

You know, I've been wondering what the hell has been preventing me from shooting in platinum farming games.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Haven't played since the Volus Adept and Engineer were added in. Anything new class/weapons wise?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I was using some terrible weapons to finish up the weapons challenges for them. Then a prompt came up after I had finished the 14000 needed. Apparently there are challenges other than weapon challenges for weapons that require more use of said weapon? :psyduck:

Also, I know about the weaknesses for the praetorian (mass of heads), scion (shoot hump, then head), ravager (shoot sacs, then the 'head'), atlas (shoulder pad thingies)... Are these right? Do Banshees and Brutes have weak points? I know you can shoot the metal plates off Brutes to reveal their guts, but shooting that doesn't seem to do anymore damage than the head or whatever. Am I missing any other non-standard enemies?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I just got Paladin and :psyduck: it's so good. How do you spec it? I went into gold game at level 8 and came out like a bandit with all the snap freezes.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Carrasco posted:

6/6/6/5/3. If you didn't see the chatter a few pages ago, the combo-boosting evolutions on Snap Freeze and Incinerate don't do anything, so don't pick those.

W-what. Why. :negative:

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Sarkozymandias posted:

At some point I'm gonna need some goons to carry me in some Gold matches or something. This 50/50 Silver survival rate isn't cutting it and grinding Bronze is unacceptable.

The rank 5 Sing and Shock seem perfectly adequate, I was just curious.

Isn't there a googledocs with goon players around.

EDIT: Yeah, it's in the op. Add TastyLemonDrops and I'll play with you!

TastyLemonDrops fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 14, 2013

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Is there a bug or glitch that makes enemy spawns just... stand there? I don't think it's a lag issue, but they literally just spawn and stand there, waiting for me to kill them.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
How do you get the level 4 consumables?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
It never ceases to amaze me how people refuse to use missiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
For Smash, is it better to have the biotic combo or the electric combo?

• Locked thread