Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

I would crawl ass-naked over a sea of broken glass just to kiss a dick
I jumped on the Mass Effect train late and just finished the first one. I ordered 2 and 3 but 3 came first, so while I wait for 2 I kind of want to start playing multiplayer in Mass Effect 3. Am I spoiling anything for myself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

Unlocked the Batarian Adept, played a few rounds as him and enjoyed it but didn't really feel like I was using him to his full potential. Then I unlocked the Claymore and stuck that on him.

:lsd:

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I have a Turian Soldier named Jeremy, a Drell Adept named Frank, a Cerb Adept named Juan, a Geth Engineer named Hank, and a Vorcha Solider named Jeffery.

Eat it nerds.

My Turian Soldier is named Juan :mexico::hf::mexico:

I give all of my characters Spanish names, except for the quarians whose names I try to make ~lore friendly~

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

loving Human Vanguards.

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

Any time I'm on a team with random Kroguards, they either own the whole game and outscore everyone else by thousands of points or die within seconds every round, leaving me as a Quarian Infiltrator or something equally fragile to solo multiple Geth Primes and dozens of Bombers. There is no in-between.

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

What should I be using my Drellguard's cluster grenades for? I played a few matches after unlocking him last night and found myself mostly ignoring them in favor of Pulling and Charging and Talon-ing.

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=docfrance&platform=pc

So what packs should I be buying and what level should I be playing on? I've mostly been buying veteran packs and mostly doing bronze with some silver games.

A Quarian Infiltrator strapped with a Mantis X will run train on Silver Geth games, unless your team sucks and you're forced to solo entire waves in which case good luck.

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

Quarian Infiltrator vs Geth with any of your snipers, you've got plenty of decent ones. That was the way I did it and I got the medal by about wave 7 or 8.

Edit - Oh I didn't read that you tried it already. I did it on both Giant and Hydra, any map where you've got plenty of room to run to objectives without getting murdered and can sabotage a trooper to bodyguard you is good.

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

So I just unlocked the Quarian Marksman and I want to give it a shot, even if it sucks (looks like a support Soldier?). Any good builds or strategies would be great help because I feel a little lost looking at the powers list.

Honestly, he's just not that great. I wanted to love him so much but he really doesn't have much going for him. Dodging is fine, but if something like a Dragoon gets in your face you're basically hosed since his health isn't that great and your only recourse is shooting your way out since none of your powers can save your rear end. As far as 'shoot things in the head until they die' playstyles go, the turian soldier is just better in every way but dodging. I put an Indra on him and tried to play him as a sniper but again, anytime something got close to me I was doomed.

The quarians are my favorite race so I'm holding out for the QME and QMI :(

Cometa Rossa fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jan 29, 2013

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

Demitri Omni posted:

I want the goddamn Particle Rifle. :(

I found it in a Spectre Pack :smug:

I seem to have ridiculous good luck with UR weapons though, any time I've bought a regular Spectre Pack I end up with one. And sometimes when I buy Reserve Packs too. Still no Harrier though :(

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

So I just unlocked the Asari Huntress but I know literally zero about how to play her, what should my build/tactics be and what weapon should I use?

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

I'm sure this isn't true but it seems like the patch hosed with Reapers a bit. Brutes seem to sync kill a lot (I'd only seen one Brute sync kill before the patch, and after it I saw four in a single game). And it seems like the Brute/Banshee/Ravager numbers are different.

edit: on gold

I feel like this too. My Batarian Vanguard used to be a Brute slayer but now I can't go near them because I get sync-killed every time.

8892 credits in the bank :unsmigghh:

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

I lost the ability to interact with anything corporeal midway through a match. I couldn't pick up more ammo from crates, my biotic charge wouldn't work, my ops and health packs would decrease without giving me anything and my gun/melee wouldn't hurt anything. Not that it mattered, all the enemies ignored me anyway. Maybe I died without realizing it :iiam:

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

I just unlocked the QMI and the Reegar and I have seen the face of God.

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

UnknownMercenary posted:

Skip pull. Equip grenade gear, incendiary/disruptor ammo, charge and kill things ridiculously fast. Talon, Wraith or Claymore are good weapon choices for him.

I do this with a Talon and I am an untouchable murder-ninja. But stay the gently caress away from turrets if you're playing against Cerberus, they are your worst enemy.

I go with Weapon Synergy for Biotic Charge though, just so you get that extra power when you charge poo poo and then shoot it in the face.

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

These will be the longest two weeks of my short life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

What build and weapon should I use on a QME if I want Everything To Be Exploding Always?

• Locked thread