Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

The Spitfire shows up as UR in the manifest but when I got one in-game it was gold label. Anyone else had this happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Ah, drat. I was hoping it was actually a rare drop chance and we could max it out before Bioware fixed it.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Doc Dee posted:

Because the Talon looked SO AWESOME when they did the live broadcast on Monday, I was so excited to run around playing as Clint Barton (gently caress whoever named their's Oliver Queen, btw )

His name is Robin Recon Hood hth.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

I took the Geth Scanner for a spin on a solo bronze just as a test. It's actually really helpful, I might use it on my eventual silver and gold solos as well. It neuters the geth's 'flank and surprise' gimmick really well and it's super easy to just kite poo poo around the map when you know you aren't walking into an ambush.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Stroop There It Is posted:

I've been messing around with Psion's combo build from a couple pages back and oh BOY is it fun. It's plenty destructive without the piercing.

Re: Warlord, I swear I did a melee attack with the hammer that wasn't heavy melee + standing still. I couldn't reproduce it--am I a crazy person? What are the various key combinations with him to get the melee attacks?

KroWar has three melee attacks. There's the heavy melee (hammer smash), a combo attack from hitting light melee three times (the final hit detonates the hammer power), and the standard heavy melee other Krogan kits have (which you get by pressing melee while running).

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Can someone explain to me why Rio's box of shame is so appealing? Sure you don't get instakilled but it also boxes you in () with no cover while pyros and hunters blast your face off. At best it's a place to retreat to briefly while the Jugg tanks a Banshee but I've seen people camp there for entire waves and it was a guddamn bloodbath. loving pubbies, learn to kite poo poo!

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Alright, thanks for the box of shame explanation guys. I think I understand it better now. It's still a stupid strategy that's less effective than just learning to play well, but pubs will be pubs I suppose. It wouldn't bug me so much if random Plat didn't automatically equal '24/7 Rio funtime'. Still, beats Condor I guess.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Golgozor posted:

It is dumb and takes forever, and some objectives are a pain in the dick on Rio. Most pubbies are too dumb to even do the box strategy.
They think they can whip out a harrier and do work like they do in bronze and silver. On ps3 at least, the harrier is usually the sign of a lovely player for me if I'm on anything above silver.

We get the same Harrier using dipshits on Xbox too. People hear it's OP (which is true) but don't learn to work around the downsides like recoil or lack of ammo. Still, it beats the old days of every single player carrying a Widow. At least power users can use the Harrier and not gently caress up their cooldowns too badly.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

precision posted:

I have no idea why I just now noticed this, but in the OP, it says Condor is on Palaven. It's actually on the moon of Palaven that do the single-player mission on.

It's me, I am the BSN.txt

Get a load of this sperglord. Next you're gonna tell me the Death Star's shield generator wasn't on Endor.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Psion posted:

Don't make me do a Jedi Mind Meld on you, Cheap Vodka.

Joke's on you, I'm half Toydarian.

i haven't seen episode 1 in like a decade why do i remember this aaaaaah

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

LogicNinja posted:

Wait, arrows use grenades so they don't have cooldown either, right? So the Talon can go to -200% and not blink twice or leave a tip?

His grenade regen rate is based on the cooldown meter, so while it's not as important as a straight up caster you'll still want to keep weapon weight in mind.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

That reminds me of a game I was playing last week: guy was playing a Juggernaut and liberally using its heavy melee on anything and everything. Normally whenever I see that, I take the opportunity to help kill their target so they can tie up another enemy. I've had some great games where the Geth player picks up on this and we frolic around the map ripping everything apart, but this one guy... we all get the same rewards at the end of the day, so why in the gently caress would you even remotely care about killstealing? We're playing Gold, anything that makes the enemy dead faster is a good thing!

I try and be a good team player, but seriously, gently caress guys like that.

The only thing I could see him getting mildly upset about is if he chose the heavy melee evolution that gives you a speed boost after each kill. Even then it's not a vital part of the playstyle like with Vorcha or Krogans, he should've been grateful to have backup.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Psion posted:

Yeah if you know how to use soft cover he can just dump out so much damage it's insane. I have this spec and he's just nuts. All AP arrows all the time. If you really want to spam Cains, change that to Grenade Capacity gear instead.

I took this build for a spin this morning. Insane is right. I wrote off not-Zaeed right after release figuring they would need a game patch to make him not suck, but whatever they buffed server-side must have done the trick. AP arrows are loving awesome now. Now if only Phantoms would stop cartwheeling around every single godddamn arrow I fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Trast posted:

I would love a new ME:MP game.

I bet we'll see a teaser trailer for a new Mass Effect game next month at the Spike Dew and Dorito video game awards. ME3 had a trailer like a year after 2 came out, they must have something to show by now.

• Locked thread
«2 »