Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009
Valiant III. Is this supposed to be better than my Black Widow VII?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009

Seedge posted:

I've been getting back into this, and not had much experience vs Collectors. Do Scions or Praetorians have a weakspot? I tried sniping a Dcion in the head but to no discernible advantage.

Also, any tips on what to do with the Javelin? It seems worse than my Widow. Or Kishock. Or Mantis. Or anything.

If you make a Geth infiltrator and spec everything for weapon damage and use the high velocity barrel, and the armor piercing mod you can do what is supposedly the highest single shot damage in the game to boss monsters since the Geth has that additional bonus to Geth weaponry. It's also nice because with hunter mode and farsight scope built in, you can see through Cerberus smoke and/or walls. Just make sure you know where the ammo crates are and bring a SMG or something for mooks since your javelin shots are priceless commodities of infinite pain to the bigger mobs.

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009
So can we talk about the single weapon gear mods? I am looking for a sniper rifle amp gear, but it's uncommon. I read somewhere else that these are "rare" uncommons that only show up in Spectre Packs or higher. Does this effectively make them rarer than UR's since you continually get consumables in uncommon slots? Is the Spectre Pack the best pack for trying to get these pure weapon gears?

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Kunami987&platform=pc

Also, My friend and I are always looking for people with a brain to play U/U/G or Tryhard at Platinum on PC. I added my name to the list thing in OP.

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009
Valkyrie II :downsgun:

Alteisen posted:

So I was gonna ask about the Kishock but never mind with that build.

So I'll ask about the collector sniper rifle instead, I just hit X with it, is it worth a drat?

Collector Sniper Rifle is very powerful with HVB and Armor Piercing. Extra ammo doesn't work on it though. Just tap tap tap on enemy heads and watch them melt as it does not have a charge up mechanic like the PPR.

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009

apophenium posted:

Uh, I just noticed I only have 16 more Medi-Gels. What packs should I open up to get some more of those?

Jumbo equipment packs.

e: beaten like a vanguard surrounded by geth.

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009

zxqv8 posted:

So much lag tonight :negative:

Sorry goons, I'll try again later.

Don't think it was just you, I got dropped as well, and we had problems in that lobby earlier.

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009

zxqv8 posted:

Is everyone on Origin experiencing lag?

I only had trouble in Zoran's game.

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009

Zoran posted:

I just got six ultra rares in one day. :legion:

Thanks, everybody who did speedruns (and normal runs) with me today.

I woulda done more, but some how time warner and origin are both poo poo. I got a Harrier III. GO ME.

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009
So for Combat Mastery Melee Damage Use, if I do Shadow Strike on a bronze mook do I get less damage towards the challenge than if I did the same thing to a gold mook? I think it would be faster to just blaze around the map slashing people on bronze, rather than actually have to tryhard™ on a gold.

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Combat Mastery is for the B/O/Whatever-on-PC button, not really just melee.

Do you get more points for melee on bronze or gold?

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009
Crusader 2 wooop wooop

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009

Lynx posted:

Some guy on BSN has already maxed out the new stuff :psyduck:.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/16036196

28 million. poo poo. I only have 6 million and I don't even have a currently maxed manifest

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009
Valkyrie 4, Valiant 4,5

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009
I needed 8 waves of Condor Gold to finish Nomad.

It took 4 games, 3 sets of pubbies, and 1 solo to get those waves. Holy poo poo people are awful. :suicide:

I should have just solo'd it to begin with.

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009
Can we talk about SMG Mastery for a second? I have done all the other masteries but I am kind of apprehensive about SMG's considering that the Hurricane is so much better than all the others.

My current plan is to use Turian Soldier or N7 Destroyer and possibly Geth engineer or soldier.

For the 5 SMGs I planned to use

Hurricane (obvious)
Blood Pack Punisher (New, so might at least usable?)
Geth Plasma SMG (Use geth weapon bonus?)

The last two are somewhat debatable, but I have it narrowed down to:

Locust (headshot bonus?)
Collector SMG (UR's are good right?)
Hornet (used to be good back in the day, dunno if still is)

Suggestions are welcome on classes and gun choices.

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009
I bought 10 spectre packs today and got Eagle 4, Eagle 5, Valiant 6, and PPR 5. Rate change now that we are all playing a dead game or am I just lucky today?

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009
I just opened three spectre packs and got Wraith X, Spitfire II, and Harrier V. Yussss.

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009
The 200 waves challenges for BotB are so tedious, even on bronze.

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009
I actually do go back and forth between bronze and gold since I still need about 15 promotions for N7 mastery and my ME3 friends don't like playing anything but gold or higher. I am glad that I have all the weapon challenges done, so at least I am only playing bad classes at low levels and not bad classes with bad guns at low levels. Hail to the Reegar.

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009

RoyalScion posted:

Also is Gold a huge difficulty jump from Silver?

Silver -> Gold is a bigger jump than Gold -> Plat. To answer your question it's no joke for someone starting out. I don't know what kind of manifest you have, but if you go in at level 20 and use consumables it's not too bad unless you're with 3 complete scrubs. I wouldn't judge your readiness for Gold on a kit like Geth Juggy as it's sort of a 1-off niche class.

zerokunami fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 1, 2013

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009

Demitri Omni posted:

People overestimate the requirements for gold, I've run my friend through since he first started, level one, no gear, and he's done fine once he learned the mechanics. As long as you're smart, go for it.

With your kit, a Geth Engineer specced for full weapon damage and full shield-boosting turret should do fine. Bring the Geth Pulse Rifle or Plasma SMG and you should do fine. You won't be doing mad damage numbers, but you'll be helping to keep your teammates up.

If you want to run some gold games, add me, me and my friend will carry you a bit.

While people may overestimate the requirements for gold. I disagree that the recommendation of going a weapon spec'd Geth engineer is the proper course of action. If you have low level (bad) weapons, you want to be on a power based class not a power class spec'd for terrible weapons.

If you don't want to do that then at least play a class that doesn't mind using the good guns you do have. I.e. claymore, reegar, ppr etc. One good example is the stock human infiltrator with the Claymore. It is devastating.

zerokunami fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009
Outsider Mastery.

I need to do one last class to 200 waves. I need advice on which one of these isn't utterly miserable to play on bronze/gold.

The choices:
Drell Adept (seems like it might be decent)
Volus Eng (already has 38 waves on it, which is kind of a plus I guess)
Volus Van
Volus Adept
Talon Eng
Coll Adept

I have done the easy guns, Drell Infil and Phoneix Van/Adept as I they were part of the other challenges.

I have a maxed Rare/Uncommon manifest and all UR's at level 1 or higher so no inventory limitations.

e: I play bronze when no one is around because the waves go fast, but I play gold when my friends are on.

zerokunami fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 3, 2013

• Locked thread