Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zuriel147
May 1, 2009
Well, I just got the piranha, but it's too late to go into a game and use it. I do have a couple of total newbie questions though, mainly because I played adept all the way through single player and the first character I played in multi was a human adept.

1. What's a good build for the turian sentinel?

I was going to go with everything but tech armour, since it sounds like having warp and overload could be handy for high level jolly co-op. However, tech bursts seem to be a bit finickity. Leading to...

2. What techs lead to a tech burst, or more clearly, what creates a tech burst most reliably?

I guess the question is begging for someone to say "Google it", but having played the adept, I find that in a rush (and I'm playing Xbox, so it might be the less precise aiming), shockwave is more reliable for setting off the BE, plus it can travel through walls. So what are the reliable ones, and am I likely to get many tech bursts with overload?

3. I have noticed that my turian doesn't do the "combat roll" you usually get with a double tap of the action button. Is this a glitch or is it just because the class is a bit heavier?

I am still only just mastering bronze level, but have got to the point where I am not too bothered about going up against a banshee or brute solo with my adept at least. Warp and shockwave combo is brutal. I might promote him though and rebuild. Would you guys recommend this? I was thinking maybe just having one point in singularity and maxing the rest. It seems good for crowd control initially, but if I can warp and then shockwave, it has a similar knockdown effect (or even just shockwave itself).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuriel147
May 1, 2009
Thanks for the clarifications there guys - I will try those out. I have definitely noticed that I am less likely to get one - shotted with the turian. I will just have to cross my fingers for "balanced" squads so I can be a bit more effective with the old combinations. Cheers!

Zuriel147
May 1, 2009
After great success with the Turian Sentinel, I am going to ask for another set of tips for the human vanguard - the one with the whips - I figure I should be using the biotic charge to get in close, then shotgun, then smash and biotic charge again to set off BEs?

The character seems cool enough, but I am not sure it suits my playstyle. Which of his abilities sets off BEs (presume lash), and what would be a good build here?

• Locked thread