Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Crows Turn Off posted:

I just played with a Demolisher who didn't once deploy the Supply Pylon. What the hell?

She's married to the Widow and Claymore Drell Adept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

nacon posted:

As far as I can tell, yes. I've only been grabbed once on stairs in the last 3 weeks... And I was exactly level with a banshee. As long as you're at a different height from the banshee, I don't think that you can be grabbed.

I had a bit of a start on London when using my BatSOl to Falcon Punch a Banshee over and over again in the crotch while she screamed at me and did nothing. I suddenly stopped moving, and for a few seconds I couldn't do anything and she stopped moving and I thought the kill animation was going to play but then the magic moment just passed and I punched her again.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Adrian Owlsley posted:

A lot of people prefer to play with teammates who move proactively around the map and contribute to tech and biotic combos.

Then the douche really should play with friends or something, you take what you get once you sit through the lobby and check the loadouts and confirm a game.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

LogicNinja posted:

I have no harrier. :(

What is the poor man's harrier? Revenant? Saber?

A Mattock and mad click skills

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

VJeff posted:

This happened to me recently. I went in, specced out with all my gear and consumables and my good weapons on my level 20 Destroyer, and they said "wow, this guy is decked out." and then I was kicked. Normally, I just let it go, but this time I was a little mad, so I sent a message asking why, and they said it was just 'cause they were expecting other people.

Long story short, I played a gold game with them and got full extraction. They were okay guys. Little stoner-y though.

Keep rolling with what the Earth pack started and bring out more elite troops. Call it the "Spectre Pack" or "The Elite Pack". You can have:
• STG Operative Infiltrator (like Jordim Bau or Kirrahe)
• Asari Huntress/Commando Vanguard (like Tela Vasir)
• Quarian Marine Soldier (like Kal'Reegar)
• Turian Cabal Sentinel (like Saren)

I guess that leaves an Adept and an Engineer. Hm.

Krogan Engineer, Volus Adept

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

HaitianDivorce posted:

Yeah, there we go. 'Cuz I don't have any of those yet. Guess I'll put off playing around with him till I get something better than a Striker :v:

I can roll an Avenger and Scimitar on my Destroyer and pull 80-90k.

Just equip the best weapons you currently have and never turn Devastator Mode off.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Elotana posted:

They're going to have to start releasing new stuff because otherwise Borderlands 2 will drink their milkshake. Since DLC is a ways off and they can unlock SP guns with hotfixes, my money is on them teasing out stuff like the Raider shotgun or the Punisher SMG every so often until more DLC is ready.

Operation: Is anyone still there?

Squad Goal: Please stop playing Borderlands 2
Allied Goal: NO! Not to play more Torchlight 2!

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The New Black posted:

Man, I'd better farm a shitload of WGP over the next couple of days, only 12 unlocks to go.

Still, this might mark the return of Glacier Plat farming, which I always preferred anyway.

Excited about a few other things - Disruptor now murdering shields, Incinerate+Cryo and AP ammo working properly and obviously reduced Krogan stagger and boss headshots. Wonder if my Javelin X will one shot a brute.

Also,

What the gently caress?

Doesn't Tact Scan just pop Swarmers when you use it on them? Clearly an efficient use of their time and energy.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Kaizer88 posted:

In case people are wondering if the game has gotten harder, it has. They removed the health gate (the shield gate mechanic for health ; you get a split second of invulnerability when you reach 0,5 bars of health)

Also, the collectors are by far the hardest faction. Trying to hold a hack objective on Gold or plat vs them is a nightmare. Abominations rushing you and blowing you up, scions bombarding you and praetorians pushing your poo poo in.

I am still hitting the health gate in tight situations so I don't think that is it?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Lagomorphic posted:

Claymore is only really good at flamer range.

The Flamer can pop heads across a stage? Cause I can do that all day with a Claymore. :smug:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

GulMadred posted:

Please don't detonate them constantly, because each detonation disorients your teammates. The VFX itself is opaque (which is especially noticeable if you're inside it) so it tends to block players' lines-of-sight to threats and targets (while enemy fire continues uninterrupted), the detonation itself causes screen-shake, and people are liable to run blindly around corners in the aftermath ("A few seconds ago the x-ray vision showed a Geth Prime behind that wall but it doesn't show anything now, so it must be safe! :downs:").

Counterpoint: loving pubbies, I gots mine, and my friends know not to stand in high-traffic areas full of goons and mooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Ravenfood posted:

Yeah, but +25% damage to everything vs a not-too-terribly impressive detonation. It'll one-shot husks and cannibals, I guess, but so does Throw.

Not sure what recon mine you've been using, but only bosses and armored targets take more than one and still live.

• Locked thread