Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

Tremors posted:

Is there something I don't know about glacier farming that would cause this group to instantly kick me, or is it just pubbies being pubbies? Their characters were level 4, 8 and 16... :psyduck:

Uh no I'm sorry the number to finish the pattern was 12, you were the wrong level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Helpful tip: Do NOT heavy melee an enemy as a Batarian that has simultaneously been hit with the Lash power.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Okay playing London is bad enough, but doing it with lag bad enough to get killed after taking cover behind a safe wall and recovering your shields? No, I don't think so game. What was the squad goal again? Just one extraction in London?

\/ That guy either needs a new microphone or he needs to sit on the other side of the drat room from it, holy poo poo.

thevoiceofdog fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 11, 2012

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
I still don't have either of the ex-Cerberus classes. What the gently caress, RNG.

Also I really want higher ranks of the Warfighter package since I usually take it with my demolisher or destroyer, is that a gold or silver drop? In other words am I better off buying PSP's or VP's to find them?

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

TheDK posted:

Sorry to whoever was just playing with me, I was dropped from the server. And I was hosting.

:negative:

Oh, didn't know you were a goon. That was on Vancouver right?

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Fuuuuuuck I just promoted five of my classes that's why I've been playing all silver recently! Stupid EA

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Operation: Tesla

The starchild has discovered the crucible project and has attacked our scientists while allied forces are landing on earth. Defend yourselves and our technology at all cost.

Squad Objective: Clear any Non-Earth map vs. Reapers with a squad comprised of only engineers on any difficulty
Allied Objective: Register X number of kills with tech bursts

That took literally 15 seconds.

I like that idea. Do one where everyone has to play as an adept and get 1,000,000 biotic kills/explosions and I'm happy.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
There is something seriously wrong with pubbies (ugh I hate that word) when I can match/beat their scores as a lvl. 1 male Quarian engineer on a silver match. They were all lvl. 20, one of them was a destroyer for gently caress's sake. Baron Von Quib Quib strikes again I guess.

Edit: \/ The Talon is seriously the best thing in this game right now. If you aren't using it, do it.

thevoiceofdog fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 24, 2012

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
I just solo-ed a bronze match with a lvl. 4 Justicar using only a Talon, that was pretty sweet. (Firebase Giant, Reapers)

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
You heavy melee'd the game so hard it fell off the internet.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

Thundercloud posted:

Also the RNG is throwing out a lot of character cards today? Possibly set that way because of all the promoting.

Feels that way, I got another Fury, another Justicar and another Battlemaster. Sure would be nice to see what those ex-cereberus classes were all about during the last DLC.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Justicar loving rocks. You won't score high but you'll keep your team alive and set up combos that hold off enemies. Make sure you spec the biotic sphere for radius and to cause warp damage at lvl. 6 so it sets up combos. I also max out reave and put three ranks in pull so you can kill guardians and set up your own combos without a sphere. Choosing additional radius on reave makes it hit multiple enemies which is awesome and sets them all up for a combo from another player.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Now that I've maxed out a lot of the decent sniper rifles (Widow, Krysae, Kishock Harpoon Gun), I've been trying to get back into using them since I don't really play inflitrator ever. Been trying out the GethInf but I really have trouble with the Krysae and just staying alive in general. I maxed out the Prox. mine and cloak but probably should've maxed my shields instead, I spend way too much time on the ground. I hate playing with people who just take a widow and then can't do anything to enemies right next to them so I take a Talon for when guys sneak up on me.

So barring that, which sniper rifles are still good and how do you use them? Especially the weird unwieldy ones like the Krysae and Kishock.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

Synonamess Botch posted:

Take a Claymore. With hunter mode it will snipe better than a widow and ignore shield gate. Don't max tactical cloak, you don't need more than duration.

Oh my god. Holy gently caress. This is the greatest thing ever. With prox. mines maxed and enemy damage reduction I can single-handedly take out an Atlas before it gets anywhere near me. I am bane to Phantoms. Guardians literally turn away from me because they don't want to get shot in the face. Nemeses hide and are pushed out of cover by my proximity mines or shot out of cover from several meters away by my Claymore with armor piercing.

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
I haven't used my Geth Engi in a long time but I love Neural Shock, it was always the perfect set up to force enemies to move in a predictable pattern (that stunned pose before falling over) so that I can get a pistol head shot in and kill them quickly. You can't really underestimate having permanent disruptor ammo stun effects.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Okay, so I finally got the Phoenix Adept but have no idea how to spec it considering I've never used any of these powers before, :v: anyone got a good build on that website thing people keep posting?

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
So we get Volus but not Elcor? Goddammit EA I want to play as a small space elephant that sounds like Brian Posehn!

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
MOTHER OF poo poo gold difficulty is impossible now. I think I'm gonna just promote all my classes and start from scratch on bronze and silver, I feel like I need to re-learn the whole drat game.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

Vietnamwees posted:

This is probably true just because of Biotic Charge. I was trying the Krogan Shaman yesterday, and combining melee and shotgun strategies with Biotic Powers just don't mesh well. All the decent shotguns are too heavy for an Adept class for power recharge reasons, and you don't have Charge to close the distance for melee and/or shotgun blasts to the face.

See now I haven't played the Shaman yet but I'd imagine you'd just want to take a pistol like the Talon and throw as many powers/biotic detonations that you can. The Krogans in general have much more health/armor so I imagine the class is just a defense heavy caster that can also melee if necessary.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Speaking of which, the Scimitar isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. The Piranha is probably better in close quarters, but the Scimitar's spread is absurdly tight for a shotgun, and post-nerf it holds a clip advantage over the Piranha. Coupled with its light weight, this thing is actually somewhat useful for popping heads.

I've been using it a lot on the N7 Vanguard character cuz I wanted a light shotgun I could fire blindly while retreating after charging, it's pretty useful in that sense. However I eventually reached lvl 19-20 with that character and completely ignored biotic slash so I could turn phase disruptor into a constantly firing armor piercing beam of death. It's pretty incredible, especially against reapers. Banshees and brutes and ravagers all go down quick that way.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Eagle II... dammit.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

Nordick posted:

Also, THEY FIXED THE RIDICULOUS MAIN MENU WAIT BUG HOLY poo poo THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER.

You mean how the main menu doesn't take 2 whole minutes to load and then another minute to start up multiplayer? Yeah I was really happy to see that.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Shockwave is great for sending them flying away from you, especially when you can throw them back into a crowd of enemies. Pretty sure the explosion does some damage.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Mother of poo poo I am currently playing on Hydra reaper gold, some russian/eastern european shitwizard is camping on the top of the map in some spot as a demolisher. So when we get wiped every wave he sits up there and takes 15 minutes to clear out the enemies while sniping and throwing grenades. It's loving infuriating.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Got the new Vorcha, new Asari, and finally the Volus adept. Think that's all the classes so far! Now if I could just get a loving Harrier.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

Nordick posted:

Yep, that was a fantastic piece of writing. Though the real kicker came when I found out who the farm girl in her story was. Jesus christ that was grim. :gonk:

Uh... Who was it? I never figured it out.

Also gently caress this weekend challenge, it's taking me forever to get any points on this poo poo regardless of whether I play solo or with pubbies. Why the gently caress is no one else playing adept?

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
yeah, except shockwave is broken again and I get no points for killing something with a biotic explosion, it just gets counted as warp or whatever I use to detonate. I've been at this since yesterday and I don't even have half done.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Guess I just suck at biotics this week for some reason. But I swear, shockwave stopped doing any damage after wave 6 on a silver game I just played.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

exquisite tea posted:

There's a very well-known bug for Shockwave on PC where taking Radius on the 4th rank will cause it to stop working halfway through every game. Apparently this was fixed on other platforms but remains on Origin, so spec out of that on all Shockwave users and take force/damage instead. Don't ask me how or why a bug like this could even exist.

It USED to work after they 'fixed' it the first time!

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

Silver Alicorn posted:

Looks like the N7 program has had to get a lot less picky about their candidates.

(poor guy was stuck in that animation for the whole match, though his sprint animation was ok)

I didn't see any of that... then again you didn't see me either :v:

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Did the update drop yet? I'm on the east coast US, dunno if it has some sort of time it's supposed to be available in each region.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
I want to like the Cabal but the Venom Charge thing seems too underwhelming. Precision's melee build looks really fun though, I'm going to try that for sure. The heavy melee on the Cabal is pretty awesome.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

The Slithery D posted:

Reegar, nooooo!

I never really liked using the Reegar myself, but it's great when a teammate has it. Still think the Claymore is the best shotgun and it absolutely destroys on the EDI character. The 25% boost was practically added specifically for the Claymore.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

Two Finger posted:

Whoever it was that said EDI was made for the Claymore was dead loving right. Goddamn she tears some poo poo up with that cannon.

:D Need to play with some non terrible people so I can experiment a bit more with the new stuff. Add me on origin, SAthevoiceofdog

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Umm, is there a particular reason the GAME IS RESETTING MY KEY BINDINGS EVERY TIME I ENTER A GAME?

This is loving retarded.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
No it rebinds all my keys, I play left handed so I can tell when the game is loving up. Also, my ammo packs disappear from the power menu when I play the Talon. What the gently caress, Bioware.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
I love the Volos engi, I usually ignore proximity mine though, I should try the double debuff strategy. I feel like I'd need better cool down times though for that, since I'm always shield boosting or recovering from firing recon mine. I gave him an Indra, one of my favorite weapons and he's pretty good at mid to long range combat. Make sure to take the debuff and scan range for level 6 recon mine, keep it going until you can finish off a group of enemies or need a distraction for retreating.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Sorry for the double post but I figure I should repost my origin ID, it's sathevoiceofdog. Feel free to add me if you like, I've gotten back into the game a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
So... This isn't really the thread for this but I thought I'd ask since I can't be the only person with this problem. I booted up ME3 after some time not playing it (but not that long since I had played the single player not long ago) and it's acting like I never entered a CD-key. Of course I tried to register the key I have and it told me it's already used. So basically I can't access my game. Kind of afraid to ask EA support about this, could they actually help? Or is there a fix for this?

• Locked thread