Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Ligur posted:

However with the mag extension (esp. with N7 Destroyer) I LOVE the Hurricane. No wonder I understand it's one of the guns just about everyone is really happy to use. It's light enough to put on a power class, and with stabilization mode and firing 2-3 round bursts in rapid succession it can even work up to middle range for me. Or combine it with an accurate heavy pistol/rifle/AR and deal damage from any distance.

Put it on a Turian soldier, shoot everything from everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Ligur posted:

Is there something makes Turian Soldier better at something/more fun than the N7 Destroyer? At a glance, they seem somewhat similar.

edit: I had really fun with concussion blasting soldiers once (stagger -> shoot is so fun) but are the proximity mines so much better the conc isn't really worth it esp. on harder difficulties?
VVVVVVVVV

The stability that Turians get works really well with weapons like the Hurricane and Typhoon. Mowing down a spawn from halfway across the map with an SMG before your team can get to them feels pretty good.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Golgozor posted:

Why do you need to detonate your flamethrower? It totally doesn't need it.

Because platinum gets ridiculous.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Alteisen posted:

I wouldn't be using a Vorcha on plat in the first place. :v:

You're right about that. Collectors, however, are assholes on any difficulty. I don't understand why you wouldn't want things blowing up as much as possible when there are scions and praetorians to deal with.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Golgozor posted:

For the geth trooper these things aren't problems.

What loadout and spec do you use with it? The Vorcha I run around with a piranha and flame/blast everything while dodging all over the place. But the geth I have a lot more problems with.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I don't exactly remember because I haven't used him in a while. I was probably just being terrible, getting myself into bad situations and not using cover properly.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Two Finger posted:

drat. I would have loved to drag you through some games on 360. Anyone here still play regularly on 360?

I play a lot, hurfurdurf.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yesterday I wiped a bunch of times in gold public games(so many lovely players on) so I went back to the Turian Soldier with a Hurricane III. AP III, cyclonic mod and barriage package got me 200k points on Reapers/Rio. My God the bullets, all of the bullets :allears:

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

der juicen posted:

That's what i do. Sorry hurfurdurf!

I don't know what it is but I'm much better vanguarding on gold than on silver. I'm probably too reckless.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I had a game where Geth Primes were invisible, all of them. I couldn't do any damage to them but their siege pulses sure did gently caress me up a bunch.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yes, energy drain is amazing and you can tech burst everything.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

Energy Drain is amazing, but it's not very reliable as a primer because it has a very short window.

I use incinerate to prime and energy drain to blow it.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Hitting Marksman and laying into some armor with the Sabre is satisfying as all hell.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

wheez the roux posted:

Anyone on Xbox want to play tonight? I'm still not the best at multiplayer but I've gotten a whole lot better at making sure I stick with the group and not dying, which is progress.

I also like talking so playing with silent pubbies is getting really boring and annoying!

I'm gonna be killing aliens for a while, hurfurdurf.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Smol posted:

Or you could just use a vindicator or a Valkyrie and get nothing but headshots. Argus needs shitloads of stability bonuses to be even reasonably effective.

Turian Soldier, problem solved.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Tasoth posted:

Do all pubbies treat Rio like the spawn platform is the Battle of the Alamo? Because without fail, all three will flock to there and try to hold it for all ten waves. That and lobby leaders swapping to a higher difficulty without notifying the lobby are a pain the rear end.

Rio is a retardation multiplier.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Ligur posted:

I don't have any other advice on that matter except that... CARRY BOTH.

If you're using two weapons on a novaguard you're doing it wrong.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I kitted the Geth Infiltrator with the Collector sniper rifle (piercing mod and phasic ammo) for gold Collectors. It was nice to melt through praetorians and scions. The cooldown on proximity mine was also perfect for emptying most of the clip without going through the horribly long reload. The reticle is cool as poo poo too.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/

Login, copy/paste the link to your profile.

Edit: You don't have to login, you can just search for it.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I think it defaults to public but you can change it in "My Account"

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

Came back to this thing after some time away from my precious XBox.

It's comforting to know that Collectors will remain absurdly unbalanced for all time.

Add me: hurfurdurf and I can help you kill those fuckers. Their big headshot areas are what you need to hit.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
You can get in serious trouble with phase disruptor if you aren't careful because the slayer is so fragile. But his light melee has invincibility frames, heavy melee that can teleport you all over the place and his dodge can get you in and out of trouble in a hurry.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Smol posted:

That's why I don't use it. Well, except on the batarian soldier.

Why on him in particular?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

This game seriously needs patching. Errors encountered over the last 2 days include:

- A successful extract (all players alive and inside the zone) flagged as a fail, only awarding full extract to one player,
- two games where my guns and powers got locked,
- one game in the reactor where a Cerberus agent got stuck in mid air spawning behind the reactor, so the round kept going forever,
- one game where I joined mid 'find the object' wave and was unable to pick it up, so we got overrun.

Has support for this game really been dropped or have people just been saying that because there are no more weekend challenges?

Also as a sidenote, is there any way to complete the weekend challenges? I didn't have much spare time that weekend so I think I was maybe 50 collector points away from the Hero of the End Times banner.

Nothing is being done to this game anymore.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Previous Jesus posted:

Did they add some absurd delay to Phase Disruptor or am I just lagging horribly this game? Assuming the latter.

Also, I'd love some goons to play with on 360. GT: Nirvanarocks50

I'll add you when I get a chance to play again. I play pretty frequently. hurfurdurf

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
The Drell Infiltrator :stare:

I have pretty much ignored the Drells because I used them early on, didn't know what I was doing, and died a lot. It'd be nice if I could ever get Black Widow upgrades though.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yeah if you want to pop heads with stasis use the adept. With the vanguard you should be charging to get bonus to powers then blowing everything up with grenades.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I find it's a lot harder to manuever while sprinting on consoles and having to charge weapon at the same time makes it worse(ie jumping down from the tiniest cliff).

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Pander posted:

I wish I could get better upgrades.

I've had two character cards in my last four Arsenal Packs. This game refuses to give me weapons.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

mania posted:

Damnit I was in a Gold pug with two low level N7 / low character lvl / low challenge points. One or both of them was cheating, every single thing one of them hit died instantly. Like if you want to cheat, whatever, just do it in a private game instead of wasting my equipment on a boring rear end game where I did nothing except commit suicide via phantom swords.

I can understand cheesing on platinum for those sweet, sweet space dollars but doing it on gold is just a waste of a good time.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Pander posted:

1. Only 3 shots per reload.
2. Slow reloads.
3. Good vs mooks, but...
4. Bad vs bosses
5. Explodes via proximity to enemies, which can be good...
6. Unless you're trying to hit a ravager for example, in which case the swarmers trigger your shots too early.

I tried it a bit. Kinda neat with an engineer. I'll drain energy then shoot, which'll take out most marauder/centurian/etc type mooks. It just kinda sucks against bosses.

Krysae owns, put it on the Tsent with cryo ammo and create a blizzard. It's a sniper rifle so 3 shots and a slow reload is right in line and I haven't noticed any boss killing problems. Probably because everything else dies so fast that they get focus fired to oblivion.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I was going to kill a shitload of robots and aliens but my power went out. :smith: Sorry Littich

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

That's a pretty severe way to deal with stagger animations, also what class has cancer as a power

Fury, Asari Infiltrator, Collector Adept

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
The best way to kill phantoms is to charge-punch them as the Batarian Brawler.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Mr Dog posted:

Why RoF and not power damage? I didn't think RoF had any effect on charge speed and the GPS fires uncharged shots fast enough as-is.

In case you want to use a Hurricane and cheese everything.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

^^^ maybe they're all just trying things out, I know sometimes I build a new character and until I get into the rhythm I seem to be constantly loving up

Also, play as Fury > run at wall > heavy melee : teleport through wall.

I was just playing on Giant and managed to teleport out of a complete clusterfuck in the central area during extract into the extract zone.

You probably all knew about this already, but I am loving stoked.

E: specifically the fury, not all adepts :doh:

The Slayer as well.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I'm also on 360 and will be adding you guys.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bogart posted:

That or the Krysae, which is what I'm leaning towards. 4 shots with the Destroyer isn't too bad. I still haven't unlocked the Black Widow or Javelin, though.

Incendiary Ammo with a Turian Sentinel, make everything blow up.

I scored 180+k points in a Reapers gold game on Benning last night with the same set up. The two other players died immediately at the start of each wave and I basically solod everything past wave 4. I really don't get the complaints about the Krysae.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

tribbledirigible posted:

You were still spot on with the Krysae last night on Condor. Phantoms disappearing into mulch before I could whack them with my shield.

And I'm still baffled as to how we got extraction when our fighting retreat only got us to the platform right above the extraction zone.

I usually suck balls on Condor but when everything is frozen it helps out a lot. I didn't even realize we got the extraction bonus though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It happens sometimes. Check back later and it'll be up.

• Locked thread