Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
According to the Bioware forums:

quote:

Squad Goal: Full extraction on any difficulty with all squad members as the same non-human race. Requires 2 or more players in squad.

Also, if any PC goons want to do this, hit me up (Origin = LynxEyedZombie), I'll be on in a little while.

EDIT: Beaten :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Has there been any datamining to find out what new weapons we're getting? Or what the new Collector units do?

This thread on BSN has a breakdown of what people have discovered in the game files since the patch dropped. Apparently we're getting a Collecter SMG, AR, and Sniper Rifle, and a Quarian Minigun.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Here's the pictures of the new classes that have been discovered so far.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

BreakAtmo posted:

Where exactly were these taken from? If BioWare really put together those Volus images for a huge troll I will laugh so hard.

See this post:

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I saw this on BSN, some of the multplayer manifest icons for the new characters are on the EA servers already. A few of the characters appear to be missing still or their file names have not been discovered yet - two of the turians and the quarian. The two new collector weapons are on there too.

E.g. here's one for the volus... vanguard?

http://na.llnet.bioware.cdn.ea.com/u/f/eagames/bioware/social/game2webaxis/images/masseffect3/icons/multiplayer/kits/VanguardVolus.png

You can find all of them by opening a manifest character image in a new tab and changing the kit name in the url to one of these:

AdeptVolus, AdeptBatarian, AdeptKrogan
SoldierGeth
EngineerVolus, EngineerVorcha, EngineerTurian
InfiltratorDrell, InfiltratorAsari
SentinelVolus, SentinelAsari
VanguardVolus, VanguardBatarian

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Did they increase the drop rate of Ultra Rares? I bought about 12 PSPs today and got about 6 URs between them. Granted, 4 of them were Volus characters, but it feels like they're dropping more often.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

ManifunkDestiny posted:

any word on if the operation was completed successfully?

Yup.

Mr Dog posted:

Thanks to Zoran and co for that full extract on Neo Firebase White! We stayed mobile enough that we didn't get our poo poo pushed in too many times.

Let's not speak of how badly our first game on London went...

Also, has anyone tried platinum since the DLC dropped? I'm curious to see how they handle having four factions now.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Gerdalti posted:

Origin's friend system is such poo poo. Is there any way to tell who's still playing aside from guessing who to pick on the list from the OP?

Try checking your friends' profiles in the N7 HQ and look at their hours played or something.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
From this thread on BSN:

Bryan Johnson posted:

Hello all,

Some people who have completed did not instanteously received their commendation pack for operation bloodlust. We are aware of this issue and steps are already been made to ensure that you get your commendation pack.

For anyone who has not yet completed it, restart your game, and all will be working normally (ie complete the challenge and get the pack immediately).

Otherwise if you have completed it, and have visited the n7hq before 10:45 PST today you should be receiving your pack within the next few hours or so.

tl;dr: If not completed yet, restart game and then complete. If Completed and didn't get commendation pack, wait a few hours and we will get it to you.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
I just did the challenge and got my pack, seems that they're working now (on PC at least).

Zoran posted:

In other news, to anyone who has played with me in the last two months: I finally moved to a new ISP. :getin:

Thank loving Christ.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Arcaeris posted:

Why? I'd love the Scorpion at X, it's my default pistol for any time I use one. Light, doesn't require great aiming, staggers, and actually does good damage. And it makes Phantoms, Guardians, and even Dragoons your bitch without any extra effort.

Don't mind Zoran, he's just mad that he still doesn't have a Harrier.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

zxqv8 posted:

Also, it says you're offline. What the hell, Origin?

This has been happening to me a lot recently. I was playing with goons earlier, and two of them were offline according to my friends list.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

zxqv8 posted:

Does anyone recall if there's going to be a fourth Batarian kit at some point? If so, I'm looking forward to a Neapolitan Brotarian squad falcon punching the heads off of everything.

Hell, if someone can list the new kits again that'd be swell.

What we haven't gotten yet:

Batarian Adept
Turian Engineer
Volus Vanguard
Volus Sentinel
Drell Infiltrator
Asari Infiltrator
Geth Soldier
Vorcha Engineer

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Lynx posted:

What we haven't gotten yet:

Batarian Adept
Turian Engineer
Volus Vanguard
Volus Sentinel
Drell Infiltrator
Asari Infiltrator
Geth Soldier
Vorcha Engineer

Just realized that I forgot the Quarian Soldier. This is why I shouldn't post at 3 in the morning.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Anyone have any melee builds they want to recommend (preferably of the Vorcha, Batarian, or Kroguard variety since I'm working on Bloodpack) for grinding out the melee challenge? I've been using a Vorcha soldier with fitness specced for melee damage and it's a bit squishy for me above bronze.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
So here's a fun glitch I've been getting recently:

Every time I get an invite Origin decides to translate the game title. Anyone know what language that is?

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Psion posted:

I had a guy with Death Guard join today. Never really looked at the title before.

To me, this is a Reaper popping a squat. Friend of mine pointed out how it's just missing a giant dong to be another famous rear end-related image.

I'm not really comfortable with this title anymore.

Thanks Psion. I'm ~100,000 husk points from getting the one banner that I think looks kinda cool and you go and ruin it for me.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nov 14, 2012

New hazard maps available this week are Firebase Glacier and Firebase Ghost

Vorcha Hunter Engineer kit now available as a new Rare card

XP and Score Rewards (applies to points earned for Challenges)
- XP/Score bonus on Gold difficulty increased from 40% to 60%
- XP/Score bonus on Platinum difficulty increased from 60% to 100%

Shield Gate
- Cooldown between getting shield gates decreased from 4 to 3 seconds, meaning you have to wait
less time before you get your shield gate back.

Objectives
- Decreased the chance that enemies will spawn close to annex objectives

Challenges
- Fixed an issue causing the Turian Soldier challenge to give too many notifications

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Operation Gearhead (Nov 16-18)

Intel reveals that hostile forces are targeting our technical experts to damage our strategic capabilities. They must fail at this! Keep our people alive and inflict disproportionate losses wherever the enemy attempts this tactic.

Individual Goal: Earn 75,000 points as any engineer class and extract 3 times as any engineer class on any map at any difficulty. Points are cumulative across matches.

Reward: Commendation Pack

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Vietnamwees posted:

When do the weekend challenges usually end? I'm going out of town before it starts tomorrow and won't be back til Sunday Night. This challenge is a piece of cake for me otherwise, and I can use this as an opportunity to finish the Drone/Turret Challenges.

According to the N7HQ it ends at 9AM PST on Monday.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Carrasco posted:

Just lost a match to that loving bug where no matter how long you stick by a drone it just doesn't move. For future reference, is there some way to jumpstart it or are you just screwed?

The only way around this is to have the host leave (restarting the wave) and rejoin. At least that's what we do when the drone falls through the floor ten feet from the end.

But yeah, if you're with pubbies you're pretty much screwed.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Welp, this just happened:

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Excited to not have to buy recruit packs anymore?

It's more "excited to not have to play pubbie platinum (did you know that Reaper/Rio/Platinum is the new Geth/White/Gold?) again," but yeah, that too.

Lynx fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Nov 17, 2012

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Operation: PRIVATEER (November 23rd-25th)

Cerberus’s hit-and-run attacks in the Terminus Systems have tied down a disproportionate number of local fighting ships and operations. We can spare only a small, elite force to eliminate the enemy. This force has the secondary objective of analyzing and finding a weakness in Cerberus’s kinetic barrier technology, which is key to bringing down large-scale hardened barriers.

Individual Goal: Earn 50,000 points versus any enemy with shields on any map, at any difficulty. Points are cumulative across matches. (Cerberus Centurion, Cerberus Engineer, Cerberus Engineer Turret, Cerberus Nemesis, Cerberus Atlas, Reaper Marauder, Geth Rocket Trooper, Geth Hunter, Geth Pyro, Geth Prime, Geth Prime Turret, Geth Prime Rocket Drone, Geth Bomber)

Allied Goal: Complete 50,000 cumulative total extractions of Batarian, Vorcha, or Turian characters.

Special Circumstance: None

Individual Goal Success: All individual players awarded a Commendation Pack and Corsair banner

Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack and the potential max capacity for Ops Survival Kit will be increased to 6.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Operation DETONATOR (Nov 30th – Dec 2nd)

Event Description: Recent setbacks have prompted changes in unit composition. Turian cabal theory is now dominant training paradigm. N7 units will now be deployed with pairs or higher percentages of biotics wherever available to maximize effectiveness.

Individual Goal: Earn 20,000 Biotic Explosion points on any map at any difficulty. You will need to kill the enemy with the explosion for the points to count. Points are cumulative across matches. Extraction not required.

Reward: Commendation Pack

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Just maxed out my first Ultra Rare :black101:.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Conquistador posted:

I seem to recall (i think it was the last thread) a table that explained which powers would prime/explode a combo. Does anybody have that link anymore?

I specifically am looking to figure out how to be the best team player I can as a turian sentinel regarding warp, I'm not sure when is an appropriate time or appropriate classes I'm teamed with to use it.

I like the idea of a support role, I have overload maxed and have been stripping shields whenever I can, tanking a bit when appropriate, but my missing piece seems to be warp with this class.

Edit: I checked the first two posts in the thread and didn't see a link to that, it is probably worth putting in there

E2: It also isn't in the turian sentinel guide, either

It's not a table, but the ME wiki has this:

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Combos

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
December 11, 2012

Unlocking Turian Saboteur Engineer and challenge

New hazard maps available this week are Firebase White and Firebase Glacier

Tactical Cloak (Asari Infiltrator only)
- Note: the Asari Tactical Cloak damage bonus only applies to powers and melees
- Base damage bonus increased from 40% to 60%
- Evolution 2 damage bonus increased from 40% to 60%
- Evolution 6 power damage bonus increased from 25% to 40%

Quarian Defender Passive Power (Male Quarian Soldier only)
- Base weapon damage bonus increased from 2.5% to 7.5%
- Evolution 6 weapon damage bonus increased from 10% to 12.5%

Vorcha Hunter Engineer
- Starting encumbrance capacity increased from 30% to 40%

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Zoran posted:

Hey Lynx, what's up?

Whatever man, I had that banner before it was cool :colbert:.

(Also, did you really grind out the rest of Machinist, Outsider Mastery, and Commando Mastery all in one day?)

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Felinoid posted:

and the Arsenal Pack should be drat nice for people tilting at the ultra-rares.

They're not actually. I've got all gold and below weapons maxed, and all I got from ~800,000 worth of Arsenal Packs were the new characters and gold consumables.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Wow. Really nice changes there.

REALLY nice changes!

How much are those new packs, by the way?

99,000 each.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Felinoid posted:

So the Arsenal Packs, which are supposed to be weapon-specific, give characters? :downs: The level IV consumables I expected, because they're still going to keep the odds low to get more money, but I hadn't expected that or the 99K cost.

They're essentially PSPs with a higher chance of giving weapons. I guess the Ultra Rare drop rate was unchanged.

EDIT: Anyone else surprised that the Volus Vanguard isn't an Ultra Rare?

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Monolith. posted:

So I'm really liking the Turian Ghost but I need some help with the build. My current one is 6/6/6/6/0 and he's alright, I guess.

Also the heavy melee is awesome.

My current build is a lot like Psion's suggestion (6/5/6/4/5). I take extra fitness since the Ghost is my go to class for platinum. I only really use overload for detonating ammo powers and neural shock. The extra damage from the passive isn't really necessary, though if you really want it you could try going 6/5/6/6/3.

EDIT: Overload is at level 5 in case that wasn't clear.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Indeed they are:

zxqv8 posted:

Any PC players up for some gimmick squads this evening? I would really like to play a 4 batarian or 4 volus match. Or 4 asari, or 4 turians.

Just pick the race and we all choose a different class of that race. We just need a fourth geth now and we could do that too. Maybe 3 geth and a volus.

Sure, I'm up for whatever.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the arsenal packs have a higher chance than a PSP of rolling a weapon card, all other things being the same? Do you still get consumables and all that?

Pretty much, yeah. You still get a blue and a couple of silver items (usually consumables) in addition to the two gold-or-betters just like a PSP.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Just checked, Rank 6 cloak is the usual Bonus Power/Sniper Rifle Damage choice.

EDIT: Aaaaaand beaten.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

TheDK posted:

Welp, finally got a Destroyer. Took him out for a spin with 0 points in missile launcher and a harrier, seemed to do alright. I don't yet have a typhoon, what other guns are good on this bad boy?

Besides the Harrier and Typhoon, I like running the Piranha (make sure you take the accuracy and rate of fire boosts in Devastator Mode), Particle Rifle, and Hurricane on my Destroyer. Only problem with the Hurricane is that the capacity bonus gives you an odd number of rounds in the magazine, meaning you have to reload manually every time.* The Destroyer's pretty good at grinding out the SMG/AR challenges, and can really make most bad weapons into useful ones (or at least usable), so feel free to experiment a little.

*I haven't run a Hurricane on a Destroyer since before they reduced the capacity bonus, so this may not apply anymore.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

VJeff posted:

Played GethInf with a Javelin for the Rio extraction. It was actually pretty fuckin' fun when I got used to the Javelin's godawful scope. Watching 3+ bars just vanish from a Brute or a Banshee or an uncloaked body shot being enough to drop a Marauder at full health really never gets old.

Gethfiltrator Javelin sniping is the most fun on Rio. With the high velocity barrel mod you can shoot through the base of the building in the middle of the map and kill enemies on the other side (have I mentioned how much I love that the Javelin has a built in thermal scope?). When I ran Rio earlier today, I just hunkered down near the ammo boxes by the power station and laid waste to everything on the opposite side of the map. Anything that made it to our half of the map was easy fodder for my teammates.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

UnknownMercenary posted:

The Indra, Raider, Argus and Valkyrie were added much later but always existed in the game's base files so they don't count as DLC.

Isn't that the case with the Particle Rifle too? Or does the fact that it was part of Javik's DLC exclude it?

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

balistafreak posted:

Flamer is just preposterously good, though.
About Reserves packs: I've been looking desperately for an N7 Slayer since I ever started playing this game - it was actually a video of the Slayer in action that convinced me to buy it. I've bought heaps of regular Spectres because apparently those have a better rate of Ultra Rares, but now with the Reserves packs I'm not sure. Which has a better chance of ultra-rare characters?

The Slayer is just a Rare, not Ultra Rare. For gold level stuff, PSPs are better than regular SPs, however if you want characters go for Reserve Packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Houdini posted:

That shooting the messenger rule of reporting glitching reminds me that bioware banned someone entirely from playing mass effect 2 because they disagreed with a mod on bioware social. :v:

Wasn't there a goon (Elotena maybe?) who got banned from BSN for asking about Kai Leng's slanty robot eyes?

• Locked thread