Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
loving poo poo 3 new DLC packs since I quit does this mean I have to play again?

Is this game even fun to pub? I've only ever played with metagoons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
There's like harder-than-Gold now right?

When I played pubbies literally never did/could do Gold unless it was cheesy rear end Geth on FBW with Decoys has anything changed? Is harder-than-Gold even conceivable with randoms?

e: More questions:

How do vanilla classes stack up to the new ones?

Are any of the new maps more fun than the originals?

What is the easiest credit farm these days?

Is Black Widow still the best gun?

Amateur Saboteur fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 5, 2012

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Thanks.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just renewed my membership, planning on playing a bunch over the next few weeks but the metatags are dead from what I can see. I used to run Gold (back when it was the hardest) all the time and have every non DLC gun to X hit me up on 360:

AmateurSabot3ur

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hopped onto my first game in months and a had a few questions:

Are Biotic explosions weaker? I queued up for quick find Gold to get back in the swing but noone seemed to want to biotic combo with my Drell Adept even though we had an Adept, N7 though I have no idea what they do.

Also, did any old guns get super buffed/nerfed like the Falcon did a while ago?

Also, also which are the super useless classes that came out so I can be sure to leave the lobby if I see one.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tremors posted:

What are some good class combinations for doing cerberus/glacier/gold speed runs, and is anyone on xbox interested in doing some today?
I'd be down for some cash runs today; check my thread history for my GT.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Two questions:

Is the Raider good I've gotten three in a row now?

When/on who do I use the Particle Beam?

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not gonna lie, kinda pissed I didn't have a single credit when this dropped my brain was thinking the 10th for whatever reason.

They also seemed to have killed that sweet G/C/P farm. :(:

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Elotana posted:

Farming with noclip powers in that Glacier room was even lamer and more boring than White/Geth and I'm glad they nerfed it. I tried it once, never again.

Fair to say when you don't need literally 20 million credits ASAP because of the 3 DLC you need to catch up on and all you get are repeats of the new gear things. :cry:

Also, new guns are so overpowered compared to the vanilla ones I feel so obsolete.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't see all these little DLC tweaks in the patch notes, what did they do to Geth?

I..I just need credits..so many :negative:

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No farm strats has made pubbing a nightmare, goons!?

I will say though it's funny to get dropped into a game from quick match and watch people sprint to their accustomed camp locations only to realize..

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CharlestonJew posted:

Sorry I had to leave early Amateur Saboteur, Orthonormal, and a 3rd dude whose name I can't remember. (I was akr210) My game crashed.
Yeah, we figured. Too bad it kicked us all out instead of restarting the wave though. :argh:

No worries regardless.

e:
VVV Getting revived then getting full shields ruled, comboed with that AoE Medigel mod it could lead to some clutch game savers. I'm sure we'll figure out in a few days how it fits into the MLG meta tier but realistically anything goes on Gold as long as your team is packing big irons. :clint:

Amateur Saboteur fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 10, 2012

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Eckertmania posted:

Trykt, Fingers, a friend of mine, and myself just ran TRAIN on Collectors in Platinum. It was incredibly intense.
Details? Classes, guns, maps?

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Eckertmania posted:

Two Ghosts, a Turian Sentinel, and a Salarian Infiltrator. I was using a Harrier IX, and the Infiltrator was using a Valiant III
Ok, thanks.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I 'clearly' don't understand how this new system works since I wasn't able to make mad crazy combos with my Salarian Engie so someone please inform me, which classes are the big winners from this explosion change?

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lagomorphic posted:

Yup, with all the fuss over collectors the fresh hot bullshit that is the Geth Bomber has kind of flown under the radar.
They can stay under the radar for all I care, it's when they fly over cover and bomb my rear end I get pissed. :argh:

Also, I found this post that cleared up my previous concern; Salarian is now a niche geth counter apparently and can't combo poo poo for Collectors (which is where I tried it out).

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Haha @ Combat Drones. Decided to try out Human Engie and max it out for once hoo boy a mistake. Guys just loving meander around, drawing no basically aggro, barely attacking and basically not moving if it doesn't have a clear target in sight.

What is even the point of this ability?

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zoran posted:

I've updated my sentinel guide to reflect all the new stuff. Of course I'll have to do this again in a few weeks when the new sentinels come out, but whatever.
Reading your guide I get the impression if the two combo skills (ones relating to ice and fire doing much more damage together) worked as you'd expect (you claim they don't?) then Paladin would literally be the best class in the game am I wrong?

It's odd because several people have said he's the very worst so I'm wondering why Bioware refuses to fix his bugs(?).

That being said I've promoted my Sentinel class just now to try your build since I originally went with the OP quick spec that doesn't take Incinerate. :what: Level 1 on Silver I was one-shotting husks with light melee tap, is his light melee stronger than most? It's been awhile since I've played Silver because I don't promote often, but I don't recall other classes one-shotting husks with light melee and 0 points into racial passive or their mastery.

Is there a way to even see people's base melee damages?

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Holy poo poo Batarian melee ahaha.

edit. This site is wrong about some health values I can see comparing it to looking in game I dunno what the deal with that is.

e2: Or the game itself it wrong? The more info states Krogan start with 1k HP, but when I skill him he has 750, ugh whatever gently caress this.

Amateur Saboteur fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 10, 2012

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zoran posted:

Yes, it would be completely overpowered if those were fixed. (He's already overpowered now.)
See, I understand this, but I don't get it. Why have two skills in a kit be useless? Has BioWare even addressed this matter? For the record I'm not advocating giving a guy blatantly OP swag, but give him something instead of nothing at all, even if it's bad.

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

try this one, the character builder is a good tool for general builds but often has incorrect figures

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgplnRtUmXxmdG13S1RfeXhxSU9pVkZwdjlOcVMwSEE#gid=0
Cool, thanks for this, much easier to read.

e:wait, poo poo is there no N7 on here?

Amateur Saboteur fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 10, 2012

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Radio Paranoia posted:

I did a gold round with Amateur Saboteur, Tremors and another guy on Hydra vs. Cerberus and the general consensus is "gently caress Dragoons forever". Between them and Phantoms everything becomes an absolute clusterfuck - not to mention the waves of Atlases.

I think the team loadout was just uncomplimentary, since I've played other gold games where bosses go down like nobody's business.

(I also only just realised how hosed my items are thanks to the BSN manifest so I'm stocking up on veteran packs to reduce my uncommons.)
Oh come on they aren't all that bad at all we just had people not prepared to deal with them is all. To be frank what made the map hairy was the triple hack objectives where we let them set several turrets up heh.

Me and a few goons were just talking about how much we appreciate the new addition despite some of the frustration that stems from their hyper aggressive A.I. because they "keep you on your toes".

That being said gently caress Bombers and Possessed Scions.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Been running a lot of Hydra recently because I rather enjoy the aesthetic value and it seems decent for long range engagements i.e. infilsniping, but is it me or are the objective rounds some of the hardest?

It's funny, maybe it's the rather loopy team comps and/or low levels but it seems to me the same sniper's boon of wide-view and open spaces leads to enemies to do insane things like thousand-yard Scion barrages or literally 3 turrets all within the same line of sight that can target from football fields away.

Seriously, I have not had this much issues with my team getting wiped to turrets since the demo of this game where everyone was a Vanguard and charged headfirst into them. I don't get caught too often (though still happens) because I'm usually running some class with Energy Drain (my favorite ability ever) but I can't blame the guys because those engineers have been channeling Napoleon with their strategic placements.

I think I recall someone mentioning cerbengies run off an A.I. where they're only allowed specific turret spots, so does Hydra have a million of really good ones or did the dudes just finish grad school or something because drat.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Group of shielded or barriered? Arc -> incin (tb) -> incin another new target (tb). repeat as necessary
Group of anything else? Incin -> arc (fx) -> incin (tb) -> arc (fx), repeat as necessary

Banshee, atlas, or prime? Scan it and leave it to your teammates

This concludes "how to abuse the new tech combo mechanics with QME"

edit: build
Sorry, this is a pretty simple process you laid out, but racking my brain I cannot for the life of me figure out what your (fx) and (tb) initials are supposed to represent or mean.

e: VV right thanks, one last thing is the Scorpion mandatory? I have like 3 of them but I've never equipped it because of how strange it is to use.

Amateur Saboteur fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 11, 2012

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Literally don't think I've gotten an Argus without getting a Raider in tandem, it's like some sick, twisted joke every time I crack open a PSP. Up to VII now on both.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ruin Completely posted:

Is that a bad thing Amateur Saboteur? I haven't used the Raider but people seem to like it, and I kind of like the Argus, although I'll like it much more once it's a higher level and does the appropriate amount of damage for how much of a kick it has.

And I think the Paladin light melee is my favorite light melee in the game, even without that new information.
The guns just aren't my cup of tea nor do they fit my playstyle so I'd much rather be getting one of the 7 or so classes I still haven't unlocked.

Also, I'd really like to get at least one Platinum match going this weekend on Xbox.

I've barely been able to scramble up a full goon stack these past few days much less hardcore dudes looking to rumble with such likes. I'll be on after about 12 noon tomorrow EST and I'll be playing or otherwise idling until we can gather a full group. That is if anyone is interested at all, besides the challenge factor I've been meaning to run one just to say so I mean I imagine not many people have completed a legit non-Glacier cheese run and I'd like to make that happen.

It feels like for the first time since the game was released stuff counts since there's no baby mode enemy/map combo or trivializing ability exploits (at least as far as I know). I'm sure I could find a decent pub group if it took me half the day, but obviously this way is much preferred.

It's times though I feel like only PC goons are alive in this game :sigh:

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Haha, Jesus Christ am I naive. Here I am scouring for 10 minutes hopping from lobby to lobby looking for a Platinum match without guys who are trying to use their level 14 Vanguards and I finally find one. One dude's like 9,000 N7 rating another is like 13,000 and I just gasp as from my view I've stumbled upon the holy grail of pub matches and am about to be in for an intense ride, surely.

Nope! Turns out the guy is just firing unlimited cobra missiles from a Striker. :bravo:

I'm sure everyone here knew how that story ended but that was my first time encountering someone doing such and I had heard it was possibly fixed besides. Glad to see this game is still a joke after all this time just when I was just about brimming with optimism now that stale farms are dead. I know it doesn't explicity affect me being a non-competative game but it really takes the pride out of accomplishing something you know someone could just as easily do by cheating and with a hand behind his back. I guess I just thought the worst was over when they fixed the wave 10 glitch (lol, did they? I actually have no clue).

I should have known something was up when I was running Golds with 2 goons and a guy with the Lone Wolf title pops in (the title gainedfor soloing every difficulty including Plat).

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Fun Fact: Turns out it's impossible to earn points with geth turret without ignoring flamethrower because then it registers as a sentry turret.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gasoline posted:

I finished the Geth Turret challenge just fine. Didn't even take that long.

TwistedLadder posted:

I have a flamethrower geth turret and I've been getting points for both geth turret and sentry turret with it.
It's obviously possible, but so is filling a bathtub with spit. I soloed a Bronze match literally not attacking the enemy and spamming the Geth Turret all 11 waves, by the end I got about 30% in each (Geth and Sentry) for a half hour time investment. I'm not sure how that equals not taking long but some people have different definitions I suppose.

If anyone's at all curious I completed the full Tech challenge with everything besides Flamer (I don't own Vorcha) and the two Turrets. I got most everything by just playing normally on Gold with Engis and Sentinels but for Submission Net, Tech armor, and Combat Drone I felt the need to solo Bronzes. They each took about the full match sometimes the match + a Silver wave 1.

Pumpking posted:

A buddy unlocked the volus engineer so I went N7 vanguard and had him follow me around spamming shield recharge while I phase disrupted. I actually found it decidedly meh, which was a surprise.
Funny, me and 3 goons absolutely decimated Cerberus Gold with a shield Volus + 3 Slayer combo and it was awesome. Frankly the most hilarious and enjoyable match I've ever had so I think you or your Volus must have specced incorrectly. We ran the gimmick in 23 minutes with one of our guy's Xbox crashing and him missing 2 entire waves. We also had a level 10 Slayer who didn't have Phase maxed out! They also all took Hurricanes despite me telling them you only have time to fire about one shot in between Phases, but what're ya gonna do.

~Theorycrafting~ correct specced Volus with 3 correct spec level 20 Slayers, all of them with Scorpions (the AoE damage and stagger plus the fact you only have time for a single shot), Incendiary ammo on everyone (tech bursts literally everywhere), and maybe even a Pistol Rail Amp III, would equal a 15 minute or less Gold run non-exaggerated.

When we played we just roved around in a tight pack annihilating anything we ran across instantly and if the Volus is playing correctly you never take damage nor run out of shield to fire. Phantoms were killed in 1 salvo of Phases and Atlas took about 10 seconds each since they could not fire due to the stagger of the constant comboing.

I don't think I'm out of line in saying this might be the strongest strategy (at least for Gold) in the game right now. It's that good.

Tremors posted:

Three Slayers and a Volus engineer made for some fun times on Glacier.
It sure did :allears:.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Quick, someone fill in the blank for the 'amazing area' team I'm theorizing.

Volus Eng, Justicar, Demolisher, ____ .

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Geth Engineer?
I thought of that, but I think it might be overkill considering the low cool-down shield boost. Besides I think the team's lacking the deepz so I was considering a Destroyer with really good guns or maybe someone who can set off savage explosions in that bubble.

As an aside I've unlocked both the Volus and Turians (I didn't actually want them really) with no money saved up from the DLC or farms yet I still don't have a single Vorcha, the N7 Adept, nor any of the guns I've been looking for since literally 7 months ago like the Saber or Talon. :sigh:

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oh, does that title mean you're good? :smug:

Under normal circumstances one could assume that indeed, but it's funny because since the missile glitch exists that might just be the easiest title to get in the entire game as far as pure time investment goes.

e: grammar.

Amateur Saboteur fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 13, 2012

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I'm not up to speed on glitching techniques but I'm fairly certain that the host can't missile glitch, and to solo you'd need to be the host. AFAIK anyone with the title is legit, and since there is missile glitching, it's also the only banner with a real skill barrier.
That's fair enough to say, but the reality I view is that someone could easily missile farm a literal billion credits and have all the gear necessary to become an actual god. This game as I see it has about a 30% skill 70% gear factor when it comes to how easy it is to perform any given task.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm trying to belittle your accomplishment because that isn't my intention. I am however extremely bitter about how such a gamebreaking and seemingly simple exploit has been allowed to continue for so long. I put up the same amount of fuss months ago when the wave 10 glitch was prevalent and this is a million times worse.

As an aside for my small plebeian victories I've finally fully extracted on a platinum (post patch) without the help of you lazy rear end goons (or goddamn scummy missile abusers). :argh:

It's no giant feat, but wasn't easy with 0 friends that still play this game online ever and only ~160 hours played worth of gear. In fact no one in the match was particularly rich I think the best guns we had were Hurricane II's and a Saber V or something.

Volus Engineer is a massive boon especially with the new team-wide medigel thing he's practically a godsend.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can confirm that it's not actually possible to die as Kroguard with a shield boost versus Geth on anything short of Platinum.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BrokenKnees posted:

If camping/farming is too easy it takes away from the sale of real money spectre packs.
It's also incredibly dull and since they're gone though 'good' games are harder to come by depending on your own skill and gear when you actually manage to get some they are much more satisfying and entertaining and that is pretty much objective truth.

There is no one except maybe a person who literally could only get carried in a farm that will confess that sitting one place the entire match is more fun than being tactically mobile.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I now wish to obtain the pistol mastery because Gunslinger sounds :clint: as gently caress, yet all of them seem like such awkward weapons compared to other guns. The hard hitters seem like they want to be scopeless Snipers and the light ones want to be ARs or SMGs. A lot also seem to have a gimmick like the Acolyte. What about the Arc? What is the gimmick there and who would you use it on?

What about the lovely ones like Predator on which class could I rack points with that thing?

I was thinking Asari for the Paladin/Carnifex for easy 1 shot headshots but does anyone have a better idea?

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Having scored the most points (only significant being literally the criteria for completing the challenges) in a Gold run using the Arc and only getting 11% progress has dampened my enthusiasm. I mean the Arc is supposed to be the best pistol I own and 11% per match is powerful slow work.

True, I was playing Paladin and spamming skills a lot but could a Soldier or some other vanilla gunman really do well with just a pistol to support his steroids?

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Depending on how you go about you are probably also reminded how Biotic Charge is the best and most broken ability ever added to the Mass Effect series.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can someone hook me up with that list of all 16 new kits from the DLC? TIA.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I got hella killed on Rio a few days ago from full HP by a sync kill* only to magically 'respawn' during the wave inside the center room of the map. :tali:

*note: there was 0 possibility something else downed me while this was happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ilikelettuce posted:

Got my Valiant IV. I tried the Black Widow and Widow after the patch, but I'm terrible at sniping and got addicted to the high RoF and log Reload time of the Valiant.

Why does the Hurricane have so much love? I tried it once and quit the match because the recoil was to bad. What classes do you guys use it?
Any class, just make sure to use the stability mod.

• Locked thread