Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talky
Mar 26, 2010
So is there a good way to try and get upgraded versions of the guns you already have (like, any particular equipment packs I should be buying or something) or is it really just a matter of buying packs until you get lucky? I'm trying to get my Mattock from II up to like IX or X if it makes a diffrence!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talky
Mar 26, 2010
Hey, so I just got a TGI the other day, which is great. However, I don't have a Cerberus Harrier, so I'm not sure which assault rifle to use. My fist instinct is the particle rifle, but I can never seem to get any high level incendiary ammo, so I dunno if that's my best option. Here's my manifest (if I'm linking it right?)

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=TalkyRazin&platform=xbox

Talky
Mar 26, 2010

Felinoid posted:

You don't really NEED to roll an AR with him, either. Unless I'm running weapon challenges, mine has a Widow (Black Widow for Gold). That also frees you up to take only 5 in Cloak and use the points elsewhere.

E: A Ghost with a Harrier will tear poo poo up, of course, but it's not like the weapons screen will refuse to let you not equip an assault rifle.

That's true, but I happen to be awful with snipers. Which makes me sad, because that Geth Infiltrator/Javelin build that was in those videos a few pages back looks hilarious. Gonna have to try that Reegar build though.

Anyways, I tried out the Saber and it worked pretty well, so thanks for the advice ya'll.

Talky
Mar 26, 2010
Played my first Goon game today. Holy poo poo guys, I don't think I can play with pubbies ever again.

edit:

A Vorcha Soldier, TGI, TSent, and a Cerbguard make a stupid number of fire explosions. Like, whole spawns just vanished.

Talky fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 6, 2012

Talky
Mar 26, 2010
Ahahahahaa so I thought that the QME was good because you could get a couple tech bursts of after throwing an arc grenade. Then today I figured out you can also throw incinerate and use ammo powers to prime for fire explosions first. All while carrying an acolyte and ULM Hurricane at 200% cool down.

I didn't think this class could get any better. Not it just feels like cheating.

Talky
Mar 26, 2010
I don't think I "get" the Saber. I keep trying to shoot it like a Mattock but it gets too inaccurate too quick for that and then I miss everything. Maybe I just have bad impulse control.

Talky
Mar 26, 2010
All I want for Christmas is lvl 5 grenade capacity gear.

Talky
Mar 26, 2010
Any Xbox goons up for some games? TalkyRazin on Xbox live

Talky
Mar 26, 2010
Has the Krogan Sentinel always been good? I just got it and I'm running around wiping out whole spawns (except bosses) by just tossing two lift grenades at the crowd. I was seriously surprised by how strong this class seem to be, since I don't think I ever see anyone talking about it in this thread.

Talky
Mar 26, 2010
Do Inferno Grendaes and Havoc Strike set off fire explosions Edith each other? Cuase if thy do that's what Vorcha "Vanguards" should have.

And Bloodlust obviously.

Talky
Mar 26, 2010

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Can they be unequipped after being equipped?

Yep.

Talky
Mar 26, 2010
My Asari Valkyrie is named "Ride of The"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talky
Mar 26, 2010

Byers2142 posted:

Unlocked the Male Quarian Engineer last night; looking at his powers, am I an idiot if I'm thinking I spec Tac Scan for duration and run a heavier weapon loadout? It doesn't seem like recharge rate's a top priority for this guy.

The way I build him you actually want low cooldowns because he is a fantastic combo class. Incinerate, With light weapons, incinerate has a very fast recharge. This is great because it primes things for fire explosions, which you can set off with arc grenades, and also detonates the tech explosions that a properly speced arc grenade sets up. So with a low enough cooldown you can prime a fire explosion or two, detonate those with the arc grenade, and then trigger one or two tech bursts with incinerate. It just gets even crazier when you use priming ammo powers of course.

Tactical scan is awesome too and is just gravy on top of everything else.

Talky fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 10, 2013

• Locked thread