Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

The innate melee bonuses on Krogan Rage work. It's just the melee you gain from the Rage effect. Always spec into Melee unless you are some sort of bitch or something. Are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

Change the part that suggests people take the shield bonus because the Rage melee bonus is bugged. The passive melee works. It is patently false let's not start this thread off with misinformation

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

It's pretty sad that the objective creativity is getting much much worse, since it didn't start out anywhere good.

SEPTEMBER 14TH

OPERATION: UHHHHHHHH

SQUAD OBJECTIVE: DO A THING

ALLIED OBJECTIVE: DO THINGS

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

Doflamingo posted:

Man, I would love for the extraction wave to contain bosses. A Colossus for the Geth, Harvester for Reapers and Kai-Leng for Cerberus. And killing them wouldn't be mandatory but you'd get extra credit for doing so!

With a mandatory slomo killcam for everyone, with just enough time to get a witty one liner off.

"It's just been revoked" *kills Kai Leng with the weak Cerberus melee*

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

They should make it so that the X button on PS3 performs more actions. I mean, 7 things only? Come on, let's get that in the double digits.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

I was going to make a joke operation about the goal being successfully landing X amount of Batarian heavy melees for both squad and allied goal, but then I remembered that the joke was to make stupid lazy uninspired operations and not the greatest operation of all time.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

When was the Kishock overpowered? The headshotting banshees thing? Pfff

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

This weekend's allied goal seems pretty easy to fail and I'm curious what they're going to do to punish us. "For the next two weeks, all enemies speak with a cockney british accent"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

Hey Ricky sorry about the late invite last night, I thought you said you were going to join another friend's game and then I realized you were just switching out the Particle Rifle. Some dude named soliduuuuuus joined and refused to leave so we just sandbagged his rear end for a good 10 minutes before he finally died

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

Vietnamwees posted:

I see you've got Thermal Clips maxed out, and Ops Packs are almost there. Continue packing away Ops Packs and not spending Thermal, and when you do you'll guarantee you'll get either Medigel or Missiles in your packs, and if you continue playing games where you get a Net Gain on consumables used, you'll have a pretty high number of gel and rockets in no time. I see that you still need to max out a few Uncommon guns, so Veteran Packs aren't such a bad idea for you since a Veteran Pack will net you two 3x Consumable cards, along with a good chance for an Uncommon weapon, for just 20k.

Or, once you max out Ops packs, it might be worth it to you to just buy a bunch of JEPs since your consumable stock is a bit sparse. If you do it after you max out Ops and Thermal Clips, you'll get like 12 rockets/gels, along with other decent consumables.

I'm fairly certain this is inaccurate although I would appreciate someone calling me out of I'm wrong - you don't get medi-gel/missiles instead, you get a level 1 ammo. Still not a raw deal if you can resist playing grenade-heavy classes while you buy a bunch of Jumbo Equipments, but once you start getting level IV ammo every single pack it's less appealing

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

DatonKallandor posted:

Eagle VI. loving Bioware.

I refuse to log on because I know this is my fate.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

I dispute that. A. You're right about the stagger, but that's easy to achieve with a ballistic blades B. it has a magnetic lock-on that is way better than every other classes C. Phantoms can't block melee attacks D. you punch their loving heads off both literally and figuratively.

Ballistic Blades - shotgun in the face - Falcon Punch is the only acceptable Phantom method for a Batarian.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

Why is this thread on page 4? You should all be celebrating my Hurricane V! Yeeeeeehaw! *shoots wildly into the air with more damage and less weight*

Goes well with my Eagle V B)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

Turian should at least get a weakass hop or something. They're not nearly as tough as Krogan or Batarian. I get that their race passives really promote staying behind cover, but gently caress that. Garrus eats missiles to the face all the time, man hates cover.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

Felinoid posted:

He only ate a missile because he tried to roll, and rolled straight into it. Never again will he make that mistake, and during his time leading the task force he impressed that upon the troops. (Remember Jack's flipout at her student about her Cerberus-related scars? Something like that.)

That's assuming he didn't eat a missile after you told his feathery rear end to tuck and roll through some vents.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

The only good use for a Particle Beam is Mr. Freeze roleplay when used with Cryo Ammo

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

Synonamess Botch posted:

Krogan Battlemaster is also really strong on gold and above because he can tank like a motherfucker, ignore carnage, go full durability because rage is bugged.

Y'guys. Y'know. It's just like. Sometimes, I feel like, nobody listens to me

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

Synonamess Botch posted:

Honestly I never melee on the battlemaster because I am too busy Reegaring everything. Reegar > melee, reegar + incendiary ammo > everything.

When fully maxed out, you can charge->melee pretty much anything that isn't a Banshee, Atlas, or Geth Prime in one hit. Ravagers take two but have absolutely no counter to a Krogan vanguard in their face. Brutes are a bit trickier and usually take two melees, two charges, and a few piranha shots to the gut, but they're really easy, too, so long as you know the signal for their insta-kill.

The key is keeping up the 75%(I'm pretty sure? I can't remember) buff that is a passive part of Martial Arts. Once you've offed one mook with a heavy melee, you're a wrecking ball. I'm not saying never use your gun, but you can shoot while you're lining up for another melee.

Another thing that maybe everyone is aware of but I never seem to hear people talking about is that it's important to immediately follow up a charge with a melee. If you do it immediately and they didn't go flying off, you'll be instantly locked on. It was really frustrating when I started playing to miss so many melees, but once you get the hang of it, I feel it is no question about it being the superior way to go.

Besides, you're charging and headbutting poo poo to death and constantly cackling. No amount of guns makes up for that.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

surprise sex Jake. posted:

THIS DUDE IS WEAK! Seriously, you want to take weapon damage and fitness over melee on Gold, skip Carnage, make your shotguns light and go to town. Use shield gears and you can literally beat the poo poo out of reapers (not Brutes and Banshees because they cheat) at close range. I'm being dead serious when I say the only thing that can kill you with this build is one hit kills, unless you're bad. Use melee if you run out of bullets and a dude has a little bit if health and you wanna kill him YESTERDAY! Also if you didn't read this whole post in a Krogan voice you've already lost, go pick the Kai Leng vanguard.

Here's my much cooler build.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...9@0JE@@L4O4@0@0

Krogan Battlemaster has more than enough shields and health without the extras from the passive, let alone using gear. Nothing should be able to kill you without an insta-kill if you're charging enough, it's not like you have Nova to constantly drain it, you actually have a motherfuckin' barrier.

Stacking health on a Krogan Battlemaster is overkill and there's no reason for it unless you don't know how to ABC.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

Tremors posted:

Operation Alloy
Individual Goal: Promote 2 characters

Allied Goal: Promote 50,000 characters

Special Circumstance: None

Individual Goal Success: All players awarded a Commendation Pack
Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack and an increase to medi-gel capacity

Edit: vvvv

loving Operation: Bogosity Right here.

Now I choose. Do I promote to get the weapon, or keep the 420 rank. A cool number like that isn't going to come along easy, and stoners will no longer rush to revive me when I'm down.

If I got an Eagle I think I'd just about quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

clonfroggio

So I heard something about Volus or something? Ricky. Assemble the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg

• Locked thread