Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Tetsuo
Jun 6, 2011

And just once, before I die, I'd like to be Supreme Overlord of Earth. So rebel, my little ones, and conquer the planet!
Coming back to this game since a friend just got it. Last I played, Firebase White/Geth/Gold was the way to go for credit farming. Is this still valid after they added the new 2 objectives? If not, what's recommended now?
By the way, was Gold nerfed somehow after they introduced Platinum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Tetsuo
Jun 6, 2011

And just once, before I die, I'd like to be Supreme Overlord of Earth. So rebel, my little ones, and conquer the planet!
Question about N7 Destroyer, how does the missile skill works? I understand it has to be active, like the Devastator mode, but how does it actually fire? Do you have to zoom in a target (right click on PC), then release? Does it continue to fire on the same target, even if you are shooting something else?

Mr. Tetsuo
Jun 6, 2011

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah I was rocking a Phalanx for quite a while when I first started playing gold and made it work by mostly sticking to casters. I'd recommend that you post your platform and username so people can find and invite you. Posting a link to your manifest will also help us recommend good kits for playing gold based on what you actually have unlocked.

I'll bite this one, here's my profile: http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=MrrTetsuo&platform=pc (Origin: MrrTetsuo)

I quit playing this for a few months, hence the lack of the newest kits, gear upgrades and weapons. I play on PST time, usually after 9pm.

Mr. Tetsuo
Jun 6, 2011

I don't know if the Scorpion is generally considered a good weapon, but drat that thing is way to fun to be ignored. I got it yesterday and ended up playing 3-4 matches just to see things blowing up left and right. Atlas was specially fun, as it is very easy to glue 4 mines onto it from pretty much any distance. Playing with a Salarian Eng, stagering mobs with Energy Drain, glueing them with those grenades and staring in contemplation as they were blow to bits.

Mr. Tetsuo
Jun 6, 2011

Also looking for some goons to play with and demonstrate my (lack of) skills: MrrTetsuo on Origin.

Mr. Tetsuo
Jun 6, 2011

Got my Valiant IV. I tried the Black Widow and Widow after the patch, but I'm terrible at sniping and got addicted to the high RoF and log Reload time of the Valiant.

Why does the Hurricane have so much love? I tried it once and quit the match because the recoil was to bad. What classes do you guys use it?

Mr. Tetsuo
Jun 6, 2011

I just watched this (old) video about a guy soloing Platinum (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCeKBQF0Gms) and a few questions:

- is the Typhoon that overpowered or is it because this guy had it at level 10?
- he used corners a lot, and it seems to 'glitch' the Banshee as she didn't jump on top of him, instead, would just walk towards his direction while still out of melee range. Was this a bug or it's just how it is?
- there seems to be a lot less enemies during the credit waves as I would expect for Platinum. Is that just my impression, or does the game balance things slightly based on number of players? I never did a solo run, so excuse the noobish question.

Mr. Tetsuo
Jun 6, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

Tearing up an actual gold round like it wasn't no thang and then I get my very first crash to desktop I've ever had in Mass Effect 3 :qq::qq::qq:

Happened last night, on my last game of before bed:

Reaper/Giant/Gold, Wave 9, everyone is dead and executed. I magically manage to finish off the wave with Brutes and Banshees to spare. Wave 10 starts to kill the VIPs. A few seconds in Origin DRM or something kicks me off because I'm not logged on. :qq:

Mr. Tetsuo
Jun 6, 2011

Any tips on how to play the Vorcha Soldier? I'm using this build http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#15PLNID%400%400%40A%40%40%400%400%400%400

Is that the recommended one? Is it useful to try tech bursts with Flame -> cancel -> Carnage? Or just burn things away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Tetsuo
Jun 6, 2011

doomfunk posted:

A patch just hit. Could fixes/balancing have happened? Who can say?! It seems to have fixed a lot of people's main menu lag, which I for one am glad of.
Today's balance changes have been postponed until tomorrow, because N7 Day.

That was on the list of things that I thought "would never be fixed". I even mentioned that to a friend that started playing a week ago ("be prepared to some lovely DRM that freezes the game every 5 seconds while in menus"). I wonder they still make some money out of this game, despite the low population playing it (according to Raptr stats at least) to have some sort of decent development team still working on it.

• Locked thread