Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Silver Alicorn posted:

Yeah I got completely disconnected from Origin and can't get it to reconnect.

Same, they're probably doing maintenance or have some sort of issue with the servers. From experience, it won't last more than an hour or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Holy gently caress is the Vorcha soldier good. Between flamer and having health regen, he's easily my favorite.

That being said I have hardly any classes unlocked as I only just started playing MP over the weekend.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

I wish people would stop Overloading or whatever they do to Possessed Abominations that makes them go loving supercritical, jesus.

I'm pretty sure they just do that normally.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I got the Valiant. It's pretty good, but I've only used it on silver.

I also got the Volus Adept from a PSP, is he supposed to be a joke? I mean, the biotic orbs are good an all, but he has joke defenses and can't even take cover, how am I supposed to not die?

I also gave him a Revenant because it's the biggest gun I have.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Nordick posted:

See, that's your problem right there. You need a light gun to keep your cooldowns short so you can spam Shield Boost, that's your defense.
Also, instead of a light melee attack you have a short cloak that doesn't trigger any cooldowns. Use that liberally. While you can't actually take cover, you're really short so you can just stand behind boxes and poo poo.
If you have an Acolyte, use that. Preferably with cryo ammo. Between that and Stasis you will absolutely humiliate Phantoms and will generally be a great crowd controller/debuffer.
For the biotic orbs, take the evo that makes enemies take more damage and throw them at bosses that your teammates are fighting, but only when you don't have anything immediately threatening you so you won't gently caress your Shield Boost cooldown at the wrong moment.

So in a nutshell, you're not supposed to be strong individually, but a support character. You might not score high but a well played Volus is a fantastic asset for the team.

The Revenant was a joke, it's funny seeing just a little, stubby person shoot a weapon that looks ridiculous even when used by a taller species.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Also the Collectors are supposed to all be dead. They are very not dead in MP.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Beach posted:

I'm seriously impressed at the amount of content they have put out for this, considering everyone expected Mass Effect multiplayer to be some kind of bastard child of the main game. I'm guessing as long as those gear packs keep printing money they will keep adding more stuff.

How many people actually buy those? I mean you only need 3 rounds on silver to get a PSP.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

subroc posted:

BIOWARE: "gently caress it, have the rest of this crap. I'm out til January. Laters."

Sucks about the Acolyte, but it was coming. I reckon they should have just changed it to a 1-shot clip weapon. Alright, time to start unlocking.

I can't think of a single games studio that doesn't give their employees a few weeks off at Christmas.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

FairGame posted:

Wait, mods add weight? Or are supposed to, at least?

I had no idea.

Some mods are supposed to. Most of these are broken on weapons that were in the game on release.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I got the Crusader from the challenge. It's interesting.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

Well, I beat the operation. After some hark work and great annoyance (after Rio and London were done, the damned Wave 10 Vancouver drone glitched and stopped moving), I am proud to say that I own... a Valiant III.

:negative:

Maybe I should try using this thing.

It's pretty much the best sniper gun. Unless you don't like sniper guns which is understandable, but it's very powerful and forgiving.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

The worst is people who use all their med-gel before wave 7 when you actually need it.

One time I saw a guy use the missile launcher on an Atlas that was literally the last enemy in the wave. We still won, but Jesus, how dumb was this guy?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Zoran posted:

They really should make a sniper rifle in the same vein as the ME1 HMWSR X with explosive rounds. Huge damage, huge blast radius, really loving long cooldown time.

If they did that then they'd need to either make new reload animations or have it work like the CSR or PPR, where it doesn't use clips.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Elotana posted:

:smuggo:

EDIT: The Slayer isn't an ultra-rare, just a rare, but no one's quite yet sure how the percentages are different between Reserves/Arsenals/PSPs and frankly I don't trust biower not to have buggered the math. Just keep spamming the packs, you'll get it eventually.

I've found both Ultra Rare Volus but no N7 classes. Sometimes I think that they are the real ultra rares.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I got Mathemagician :woop:

Cryo Shot was a bitch.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Vorcha engineer is made for Tech Bursts. Also submission net is one of the few things that can stop a shielded Phantom. Also, loving Bloodlust.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I have a Turian Soldier named Jeremy, a Drell Adept named Frank, a Cerb Adept named Juan, a Geth Engineer named Hank, and a Vorcha Solider named Jeffery.

Eat it nerds.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Moola posted:

I have a Geth called Johnny VI.

My KroGuard is called Quad Damage.

Turian Sentinel is called Centurian.

Salarian Infiltrator, Solus Snake.

N7 Slayer, Rinzler.

I fukken love puns!

I giggled at Solus Snake. Does this make me a bad person?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

On the subject of mods, is it weird that I still haven't gotten the regular shotgun bayonet? I've maxed out most of the common mods and a few uncommon ones, but still no shotgun bayonet.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Valiant II.

I really like the Valiant, I'd rather get a Hurricane but it's my favorite sniper gun.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I got the Valiant III after getting the Valiant II last week.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Psion posted:

I've decided that since all I need to get the Reaperse title is husks, I might as well grind a few. What's the cool strategy for this? Solo waves 1-2 of a bronze/silver/??? reaper, only kill husks, quit and restart forever?

Husks won't spawn until wave 3 on Bronze, so I would do at least silver.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Can I get some input as to what packs I should be buying?

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=DoctrStrangelove&platform=pc

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I got the Hurricane :woop:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I got a Volus Vanguard in a Veteran pack. How should I spec the little bastard?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

I got a Valiant. Is it still awesome?

Yep.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I got a Valiant IV.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Red Crown posted:

Meh. Found that out. Not so great. I got the Collector Assault Rifle and the Striker in my next pack, how are those?

The Striker is garbage.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I got the Talon, and either he sucks or I have no idea how to play him.

Also the bow is buggy as poo poo. Quite often it will hang for a few seconds doing nothing after you release the fire button, eventually shooting with no further input.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Hurricane II from the gift pack. :woop:

Also holy gently caress is the EDI bot OP. I was on Gold/White/Reapers and this one dude had more points than everyone else combined. I was a distant second using Vorcha soldier.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

What's a good spec for Turian Saboteur. I'm having trouble figuring that one out.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Shogunate posted:

Hey pubbies, do me a masive favor and use medigel on Gold. Also Volus I just played with, I know you can't stay apart from your N7 Slayer but when you both run over my downed corpse to get more kills there's something wrong.

This game has made me angry today. Crowning moment must have been when I had some player shouting down my ear saying "GET AWAY FROM THE BANSHEES THEY'LL INSTA-KILL YOU!"

I was playing a Geth Juggernaut :shepface:

I have the opposite problem, where pubbies gel at either the end of the round or on like round 3 when playing a man down it's a big deal. Then wave 10 comes and I'm the only one with any gel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I got the Talon in the gift pack and specced him to have both darts, no mines and have the health+shields upgrades instead of the melee one. Should I change anything before I give him another chance?

• Locked thread