Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Holy crap, I don't play this for a few months and there's a dlc with a Volus in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I played one game of this last night and remembered why I stopped playing. I promoted all of my classes last time it was a weekend challenge. :negative:

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Doing Firebase White Geth Gold with a level 1 guy after not playing for months was a fun lesson.

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Can a bored person kindly catch me up with the big changes since Earth got released and tell me what all the cool kids do to get credits in the post GGFBW world.

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Two Finger posted:

Take team of at least one Paladin and some guys with Chain Overload, play Glacier, run in circles exploding everything.

Today I've found the Striker really isn't so bad. It's not a great weapon, but it's ok.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

- Collectors as a new faction. Generally considered the hardest of the 4.
- Redone versions of some original maps with extra hazards.
- Fire and Cryo explosions don't require the target to die. Much easier and more useful.
- Challenges added. Gives you a title / banner for completing a bunch of objectives. Also means the weekend operations are every weekend, and are tracked individually as you go; no waiting for rewards.

Thank you kindly. I guess I'll hit up Glacier tonight once I level up my sentinels a bit.

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Just did Gearhead and earned my first title. The multi revamp has really done a lot for freshening up the game for me. If you play on Xbox add me. GT: Knuc If U Buck.

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Lagomorphic posted:

We have a new metatag for 360 goons. It's N7 Goons, send a friend invite and I'll add you.

Awesome.

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

1st AD posted:

You gotta host if you wanna play vanguard

No.

I regularly play Krogan Vanguard, I never host, and pretty much top score Gold everytime.

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I got me a Volus Engineer. What are people doing with him?

edit: So far I specced Recon Mine for damage buffs, Proximity mine for the same. I can't remember what I did for the other points.

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

doomfunk posted:

I did this with my volus engineer. Mostly what you've already said; specifically, I went with damage protection and radius on shield boost and its AOE is massive, I can hit allies with it from quite some distance.

I've noticed the damage protection and over-healing of shields on Boost can lead to - on plat - a scion's first shot (as an example) seeming to do no damage whatsoever.
This is obviously a limited effect but IMO quite valuable, especially if you can pair it up with a Justicar defense bubble or other increase to defenses.

What weapon are you using with him? I only played one round, but I used the Carnifex because I didn't know wtf I was doing.

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Two Finger posted:

For me it was bombers.

I roll with a GPR on my Gengineer, and I will fight anyone who says I'm wrong. Hunter mode specced for ROF and accuracy, Chain Overload specced for one jump and shield damage, and a heal-turret.
You aren't invincible, you aren't supremely deadly, but you are an amazing suppression machine and the constant headshots you can pour out tear mooks to pieces and give you a good shot against bosses. Especially since you can reload cancel with Overload.

I roll with a Sabre and I am supremely deadly. :dukedog:

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

doomfunk posted:

Specifically for the Volus Engineer my objective is to shorten cooldown times as much as possible, because I found myself actually wanting to use prox mine to soften targets up, and occasionally reposition the recon mine mid-wave.

I don't have any gear that helps with this other than Expert Gear so, since it buffs SMG damage, I bring a lightweight SMG. Volus seems to have a particularly low carry weight (kind of expected, given) so in order to keep weight at 200% I'm kind of limited to the bad ones.

That's a good suggestion. Thankfully I do have the ULMs needed to make the hurricane works.

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

exquisite tea posted:

I think it would actually be more fun to start MP fresh at this stage than at any other time. Most of the major game-breaking bugs have been fixed, there's a challenge system for satisfying BIG NUMBERS, and just about every new Premium Spectre Pack you open will have something new and interesting inside. It's only when you've done everything twice and are getting ammo powers in all your packs that the game starts to drag.

Yeah I been seriously thinking about getting this for PC and starting again. Don't tempt me.

precision posted:

Alternately, yell at them. I give lots of unsolicited advice in lobbies when people have things like a Black Widow and a Saber on a non-Demolisher Engineer.

gently caress you, I use the Saber on my Geth Engi and I'd tell you to eat my arsehole if you tried to tell me otherwise. :cheeky:

Mr Butthole fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 23, 2012

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

TalonDemonKing posted:

Is there any reason not to run N7 Valiant/N7 Typhoon? I like these weapons alot; I just want to know if they're viable at higher difficulties.

I can't speak for the Typhoon, but I took my Valiant for a little walk the other day and it still owns.

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Houdini posted:

Does everyone try to make their vorcha look as nude as possible?

I make him colourful and name him "Party Boy".

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Burning Mustache posted:

And yeah, I do that thing with the Asari Adept :shepface:

You have a special spot in Hell.

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Lagomorphic posted:

The thing I like about the Brawler is that you're not tied to melee like you are with the Kroguard.

Haha. Cute.

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Lagomorphic posted:

Geth Wall Hacker

You're being flippant right? If not you may want to read the next sentence in that post. Kroguards need melee kills to fuel rage and Brawlers don't; they can punch or shotgun and not worry about how things die.

I'm fairly certain you get Rage bonuses from from biotic charge now (you must because I pop rage even though I never melee), even so, I rarely used melee before, so you certainly aren't tied to it.

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Felinoid posted:

You can contact them, but I doubt they'll be able to fix it. It'll go away on its own in anywhere from a couple hours to a few months, though! :suicide:

So he should sit tight and let a product he paid cash money for gather dust?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

exquisite tea posted:

All of the Asari classes are pretty fun and strong at any level. The only one that felt like a slog after awhile was the Justicar but that's just because she's more dependent on having other biotics in the group and can't carry teams like a Fury. The Huntress, Ghost, and SalInf are great carries and took me no time at all to complete for Commando Mastery on Gold.

Give her a shotgun, shield consumables/gear, use reave to prime and then run up to the enemies and blow them up with the warp bubble, peppering with buck to taste. Best class in the game.

• Locked thread