Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

I didn't think they could do it but the Volus Adept truly is a glorious little biotic god. Ok he dies in 3 hits from literally anything on gold/plat but that just keeps you a (short) corner behind your teammates where he belongs. What a fantastic class design all round, everyone loves a stasis haver, the biotic orbs let you det biotics and techs on demand and you can always spam dat heal but you cant do all of the above without thinking about your next cooldown use!

I need two respecs so I can make a pimp-spec volus and waddle/roll around on bronze with the Claymore spamming nothing but the heal on cooldown for a few hours then respec back again :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

tiberion02 posted:

We desperately need a new "Goons on PC" spreadsheet. OP one is horribly out of date.

As someone near the top of the old one I agree, lets see if this new one gets off the ground. If whoever maintained the old one or thread OP or whoever wants editing access for some reason just email me (sheet owner) or post here. Early adopters missing a location can email me, origin chat me or post here if you want one added.

Form too add yourself: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG9ZTFIwWGZnRkp4ajBrdnpQcGNtelE6MQ#gid=0
See the sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsEfdgN9LqzedG9ZTFIwWGZnRkp4ajBrdnpQcGNtelE#gid=0

Jessant fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 28, 2012

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Alteisen posted:

VORCHA ENGIE!

Who wants to play? I want that dude right now. I'm on Xbox and Origin as AchyHippo.

Restart origin, you are neither online or offline nor have you unfriended me (yet!).

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Delpino posted:

It is a different twist, and a completely new mechanic.

She deliberately teleports herself too the bottom of the map too avoid damage!

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Looking at my friend list, is everyone just idling with Origin on, waiting for the dlc?

No I'm doing important real life stuff with my girlfriend.

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Hooray, goon stream one is go http://www.twitch.tv/ukjessant/

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Terrible useless first impressions!

Turian Vanguard: Fun as all hell but power damage lacking in gold, may have to carry a big gun or work out how too melee whilst using the self-heal inbetween. Probably in the same box as the shadow, dominate silver, leave at home on plat.
Zaeed-Hood: Unfun, shite bow damage, cant use consumable ammo equipment packs so if theres another grenade user your fun is stolen, mines+concussion for launching troopers spec with a big gun maybe fun?
Collector: Artillery piece, will be fun too play once a week or so. Charge up in a safe corner then come out and WHOOSH BOOM, BOOM BOOM BOOM (use swarm for multiple biotic explosions on different enemies hit by the ball), then back too your corner you can have more fun in 16 seconds.
The Krogan: Dear god this is awesome <synch killed>.
Geth Jugger: I am become geth, tanker of worlds. I had three banshees and two brutes wailing on me playing from europe too an aussie host and could not be killed.

Collector SMG that I got today: Immediately fire whoever green lighted this.

Jessant fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Feb 27, 2013

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

So the Talon mercs mines arent proximity based, enemies have too walk through the laser. I say walk because I watched a nemesis get ragdolled onto the floor where she lay inside the laser until she finished the standing up animation and it blew.
They are actually kind of fun too rapid fire three along the wall infront of an advancing wave and run off too find another!
I'm not 100% because I was playing with randoms and you can imagine what asking them too stay out of one half of the map would achieve but I think they might block spawns.

The only use for the omni bow I found is too launch a nemesis off the map with concussion shot this one time, it was pretty sweet let me tell you, why yes I did have too stop firing my harrier for 2.5 seconds too do it :smith:

Jessant fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Mar 1, 2013

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

ineptmule posted:

So, are the volus characters really terribad, or what?

One Volus with a team who take advantage of the shield boost and go extra aggresive is a wonderful fun time and should be a complete stomp of silver/gold and a much much easier time in platinum. In random matchmade lobbies the Volus is a gamble at best but if you have someone you can rely on to take advantage of it a Volus is amazing.

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Truman Sticks posted:

Somebody a page or two back mentioned the Drell Assassin as a good Gold character. I unlocked one recently and I'm terrible with him. How should I spec him out?

Skip homing missile entirely, 6 in everything else, Take weapon damage/power damage/weapon damage on the passive. Find enemies and rapidly cloak->mine->shoot, watch your right arm; when the omni tool starts glowing bright red the mine is ready too detonate, unless your teammates are firing through an atlas smoke cloud or something detonate it immediately, keep shooting until cloak is up again repeat. Practice with recon mine pays off pretty quickly. For weapons I greatly prefer a Claymore but a Black Widow, Javelin or Valiant are probably better as they sync up with the cloak rank 6 bonus. If you dont have them a Mantis will be fine in Gold.

Jessant fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 5, 2013

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Unquestionably plat worthy classes you have:

Hum Adept; Prime everything with Singularity, blow it all up with Warp.
Quari Engi; Arc grenade, Area Scan, Run for ammo boxes as often as possible, throw an Incinerate after the Arc Grenade for even more AOE nuking.
Tur Sent; Detonate whatever power or ammo type your teammates use with Warp, Overload can spec either for super duper removal of shields/barriers or an AOE panic disable.
Hum Sent; Warp->Throw repeat, Tankier than human adept. Marauders will troll you by rolling under your warp.
Asari Infil; Cloak->Dark Channel, Cloak->Warp, Big DOTS.

Stick your Hurricane on any of the above and make sure you're hip firing it at poo poo between power cooldowns and you should be a solid member of any team. Quari Engi can afford too carry your Black Widow if you like using it. All those classes can hang back behind a tankier/more plat comfortable teammate and let them worry about the bulk of the incomming damage, so I'd definitely do that.

Jessant fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Just add yourself again and I'll delete the original row.

• Locked thread