Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Hostile negotiations since 1978
Anyone still playing on 360? I still play it pretty regularly but can't find a decent group of people to save my life. I'll get hooked up with a couple random dudes on comms in quick matches, but they always move on to some other game the next time I see them.

I have yet to extract on platinum, and the only time I've been through there is through the missile glitch.

I'm doing silvers over and over and over again as every time I'm in a Gold group, nobody is on comms, nobody works together, so I never want to burn any equipment as I know it'll just go to waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Sent request from psimitry.....feeling a little stupid that I didn't come on here months ago.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Say what you will about the Raptor, I at least see it in games. But there is one gun that even pubbies won't touch. One gun that I have never seen get used, ever.

The Incisor.

Believe it or not I've seen it on Gold. And the guy was doing pretty well with it too. I believe it was a Turian soldier, with a stability mod on armor with the Incisor X. If you could get it so that it doesn't climb, it could actually be a pretty decent rifle.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Something that I noticed that I find a little confusing. I am running into a shocking amount of people that will have a few thousand challenge score, but will only have like 900 or so N7 rank. I realize that not everyone promotes, but I seem to be getting challenge points at a ridiculously slow pace. I'm currently focusing on my assault rifle mastery (about 100k to go on the Argus and I'm done). But this is only like 200.

How are folks doing this?

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Actually, the nice thing about multiplayer is that it makes you a MUCH better singleplayer. Spending a ton of time in multiplayer could probably prime you for hardcore or insanity levels in SP.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

LOL and yet the combat mechanics are lightyears ahead of ME1. ME1 is basically unplayable to me at this point.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

How does the 360 meta tag work anyway? I'm added, but I figured that it would show me others connected to it that were online. Instead, out just appears as a standard friend that has been offline for a few hours or so.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Midee posted:

third considered to be the weakest story-wise?

I can't speak for the masses, but with the exception of the ending, I was more wrapped up in the story of the third, and with the drat near perfect gameplay of the third than any other in the series.

The ending was a bit of a bummer, but otherwise I thought the story was drat near perfect.

....including the LOL I got when I realized that every refugee in the galaxy headed for shelter on the citadel, which the reapers then captured and moved to Earth, likely killing everyone in the process.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

I still can't even get the dan krogan vanguard. :argh:

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

The drat Cerberus guns seem to be my white whale. I don't seem to have much problem getting other guns (at least at level 1) for the amount I play, but the drat harrier and talon just won't drop. Incredibly frustrating.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Turian soldier with Revenant is a solid way to go. Although, level one is iffy.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

This is probably a long-shot, and probably won't happen until ME4 multiplayer, (if ever). But I find myself wishing that there was an "Objective mode" multiplayer. So like it's still 10 waves, but it might be a long corridor kind of thing. Like, you storm a base and each wave, you have to fight until the door is open or something, and waves 3, 6 and 10 you have to complete an objective just like now. I just feel like this could potentially breakup the "running in circles" that seems to happen on most matches, running around the map looking for enemies. Additionally, since each section (wave) would be a rather small area, there wouldn't be much area for your team to split apart.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Hurricane 3 :smug:

Also purchased a PSP at the same time. Quarian Marksman :downsbravo:

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Lagomorphic posted:

It's also great on the Justicar and Drelldept especially when you don't have teammates who can/will detonate your Reaves.

Warp ammo has gone from my least favorite to favorite ammo type since I learned how the bonus actually works.

Wait...so how exactly DOES it work? You place a warping debuff on a target and pretty much just start shooting for extra damage? I'm assuming it's not awesome enough to actually detonate combos...

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Enter Char posted:

Ammo can never detonate combos, but it can prime. The thing with warp ammo is that it also does double damage to enemies already primed by other attacks. Put it on a class that can prime, and bring a big gun, and you've got a nasty combination.

So basically, run my favorite class (Turian Sentinel), gear him up for warping, then bring my RevX, spec for weapon damage (extended barrel, densified ammo, all damage bonuses in skills, and warp ammo) and I'm basically Robocop?

Oh hell yes. I'm playing tonight after my workout.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Enter Char posted:

Pretty much, but I think the double damage goes away when the biotic combo is detonated.

So I'll just re-prime it with another warp :D

Edit: pisses me off that I can't tell you how long I've run that class spec'ed for warp and used just about every other ammo type other than warp.

On the plus side, I think I have like 30 of warp ammo I-III.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Lagomorphic posted:

The description on warp ammo is wrong the "bonus damage to lifted targets" is actually applied to any target primed for a detonation. So with warp ammo 3 you get and extra 75% bonus weapon damage on top of the 35% bonus you always get when attacking anything primed. Add this bonus to say a Hurricane's DPS and poo poo dies quick.

That's just unbelievably awesome. I can't believe they won't nerf that soon.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

I dunno if I just have a bad connection or what, but the "banshee insta-grab special" is starting to get really old.

Whenever I play a short range class, it never fails: I'm backing up shooting the drat thing, she jumps closer, I see her jump animation, knowing she is going behind me, so I go all engines forward, but I get about one step and grabbed. Happened to be, no exaggeration, five times the last gold match I played.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Valk III :shepface:

I liked more the Phaeston IX I got from the veteran pack I bought immediately afterward.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

N7 hat arrived today! Yay! 100% cotton...less yay. I'm still a big enough nerd for it though.

Still, would have preferred the two tone color scheme, but it was only available in snap back. The one I got is flex fit (not as good as actual fitted, but what're ya gonna do?).

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Wait - does that mean they're going back to the charging mechanic on the acolyte?

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

zxqv8 posted:

Any PC players up for some gimmick squads this evening? I would really like to play a 4 batarian or 4 volus match. Or 4 asari, or 4 turians.

Just pick the race and we all choose a different class of that race. We just need a fourth geth now and we could do that too. Maybe 3 geth and a volus.

If you want max lulz take a volus adept with a high power efficiency consumable, and 3 n7 slayers all spamming phase disruptor....God that's hilarious...

Don't do that on anything higher than silver.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Psion posted:

I take a PD Slayer into Gold, it owns. With a volus? Platinum.

True. I'm just used to my experience when I went in to gold with three slayers and I was the volus. We were largely just farting around so we weren't playing as carefully as we should have.

Many laughs were had as the pd blasts were constant, but we died pretty quickly.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

If anyone feels like doing some 360 gold and wants a volus adept healer, psimitry is standing by...

Also just bought my first reserve pack...krogan soldier and krogan sentinel..had them both...:wtf:

Psimitry fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 20, 2012

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

8th-samurai posted:

Geth Pulse Rifle with incendiary ammo. Burn those mothers down.

So can you setup a combo with incendiary ammo and detonate with flamer?

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

When you scope a revenant, do you hip fire or aim fire it? I've found aimed firing the aim point climbs too fast.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

I don't want to admit how much real money I've spent on packs...it's more than $20 anyway...

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

It's a fair assessment that I've spent more time in mp than sp. It's a credit to the game that it's so drat good.

That said, if there was more sp dlc to keep me occupied, this might change.

But I'll go on record again that having a few campaign style co-op maps would be awesome as a new game mode in mp and would happily pay for said dlc.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

After missing the first two challenges since they came back from break, I got the Hurricane V. I am happy with this.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Moose12 posted:

If this does end up being official I guess it'll be time to dust of the avenger which I personally hate (though I do enjoy the noise).

It's pretty cool with marksman - not much power behind it, but it's a drat bullet hose.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Cheap Vodka posted:

BSN's bitching and sperging over :qq:my canon:qq: when they added playable Volus was so bad I shudder to imagine what would happen if they added Protheans. I wish they'd write some half assed blog post to justify it and add them anyway. Suddenly finding a million Prothean warriors frozen in some building on Feros is still less retarded than synthesis. :v:

Simple solution: Simultaneous SP/MP DLC in which a small group of protheans is found in suspension like Javik. Not enough to restart the race, but enough to make a difference in fighting the reapers.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Just happened to pickup a regular spectre pack because I'm poor and hardly ever play gold (to say nothing of platinum).

Got the bf3 soldier as my rare... You gotta be kidding me.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Hope my gift includes the warlord. I like the thought of getting on my "Robert Baratheon from space."

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

To those who were just playing with me, I just lost my connection to the multiplayer server, followed by a console lockup. Now I can't get the thing to connect to live at all. Sorry guys - I'll try to get a group together tomorrow.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

How useful would it be, then to have a volus restoring shields to make sure that NOTHING could take you down?

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Schubalts posted:

A Juggernaut is perfectly capable of never dying all on its own, too. As long as you're close enough to give something a giant middle finger, and you have useful teammates, you will never die. Enemies have to outpace 625 shield regen a second to dent your health.

Yyyeah. That's going to get nerfed.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Pubbies...oh god...pubbies.

So I get into a reaper plat group. Burn level 3 equipment on Rio. First thing they say: "Oh poo poo! Wrong map! Oh well everyone just die!"

It gets worse. Because apparently I'm a masochist. I think to myself "Well, they are kinda stupid but at least all 3 of them are using comms." So I go one more round with them...and burn level 3 equipment (A big deal to me - I don't play as much as I'd like, and certainly not on plat). And for some reason, I look at their equipment, and see that they're all burning similar level equipment.

I know I'm in trouble when I hear I go down early in round one (magnet handed by banshee from a good ten feet away), another guy goes down and I hear one of them saying "Heh - I got a banshee coming for me. I don't even feel like dealing with it. Gonna use a missile."

So I ask them, "are you guys used to playing on plat?"

The response: "LOL no! We usually play on silver! We just felt like trying plat! We haven't even gotten to wave 5!"

Me: :cripes:

And that's how I wasted two rounds of full level 3 equipment that I hardly earn because I don't have the time to play as much as I'd like to.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

No reason to believe we won't see future weekend challenges I think. But from the tone of the posts I've seen, I wouldn't hold your breath for more multiplayer expansions.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

LOL "When get to Widow X, call me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Ok so the n7 destroyer in devastator mode with the spitfire is hilarious. Him sprinting looks like he's trying to run on ice... Just don't try to solo a match and get "retrieve" as your objective.

• Locked thread