Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Mid-game disconnects are seriously on the rise for 360. Not to me, I'm happy to say, but almost every single Silver or Gold game I've been in for a week has someone disappear in the later rounds.

The worst ones from this evening: A pubbie I was using as an early Phantom detection device who, after disconnecting, didn't have a corpse to warn me with :( and a host who disappeared in the last ten seconds of Round 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

DatonKallandor posted:

Concussive Shot has a 400% modifier against barriers, but not shields. What the gently caress Bioware? There's so many things wrong with that.
I always wondered why my Turan Soldier spamming a measly rank 3 Conc Shot + regular gunfire would shred a Banshee's barrier faster than concentrated Marksman gunfire. How goofy.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

AngryBooch posted:

They were probably a group waiting on a friend.
This is the answer to almost all mysterious kicks.

If the room is set to Public for even a second it's easy to barge into a Private lobby through no fault of your own.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Doflamingo posted:

Kai-Leng...killing...wouldn't be mandatory!
Sorry, these two things don't make sense?

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Mr Dog posted:

I kinda want an Indra and a Saber because those are literally the only two guns I do not have (well and the Collector Rifle obv)
Still waiting on that Harrier over here.

Kinda really like the Indra actually :blush:

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Paracelsus posted:

I've been using a Phaeston as my Destroyer's "not in Piranha range" weapon, and even at just rank 5 it's been working pretty well. I use a stabilizer and extended barrel, and leave armor to the Piranha and grenades. Nemeses that are close to you and constantly jumping around can be a little tricky, though, and you may need to just grenade them.
Phaeston X and Piranha X are my go-to guns for Demolisher and Destroyer. And on some maps the Piranha gets used 0 - 3 times total.

Phaeston is really underrated, I think, because it does nothing spectacularly. It just happens to do everything relatively well for relatively little weight.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

A loving Javelin VI and still not a single loving Harrier, are you loving kidding me you piece of poo poo RNG?

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Vietnamwees posted:

Like ACanofPepsi said, just keep grinding. Once you max out segments of the RNG, it gets pretty easy to get the other stuff quickly(except Ultra Rares, obviously), especially if you know what you're doing and can consistently clear wave 6 gold.
Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I've got literally everything but Ultra-rares maxed out, and the only two ultra-rares I'm missing are the Harrier and Valiant. :smith:

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Boohoo, your Eagle II got you down?

Eagle IV mother fucker.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Thundercloud posted:

At what level do they start getting good? I've run guys with the Eagle on Bronze, but I wouldn't use it on Gold or Silver. It struck me as halfway between a pistol and a submachine gun and not really living up to either.
I use it on a couple power heavy classes that don't really do any shooting as it weighs little and I hate semi-auto fire. Particularly on my N7Shadow since I can get a melee booster on there. Now that I have the AR Omni-blade attachment maxed, though, I may swap to the Avenger X.

It's just not a good weapon.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Diplomaticus posted:

I meant weapon mods. Shredder + Barrel? Smart Choke + Shredder? Is it one of those guns that just doesn't feel like it is badass until it's a higher level?
It's borderline useless unless you are absurdly close. Like Vorcha Flamethrower / Reegar close. If you're further than that, you're better off using harsh language.

Destroyer's Devastator Mode, Geth Hunter Mode, and Turian Marksman make it useful at reasonable ranges.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Infinite Karma posted:

Grenades don't count towards tech kill medals, so are you sure? I know that I do plenty of tech bursts, but I'm not sure if any gear is boosting that damage.
Proximity Mines don't count toward Tech Kill medals either, but they're boosted by passives and gear.

I think it's a weird conflict in the way the game reads damage that originates from the character/powers vs. damage that originates from an object, even though every power with a travel time is, in its way, an object separate from the character. But, y'know, Bioware.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Radical. Lost connection and hosed out of my Gold payday because this shitfuck just haaaad to keep using medigel on Wave 10 after objective was completed and everyone else had been taken out.

If you hadn't wasted everyone's time, and accepted our fate, I could have kept my money. But, no, you had to play Super Boring Solo Hero for ten minutes.

*~gently caress yoooooou~*

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

I don't believe in equipping 2 weapons.

The switching animation takes forever and the way the engine works it's better to superbuff a single gun with great equipment than it is to half-rear end equipment on two different guns and waste a mod slot on ULM.
100%.

Destroyer and Demolisher are the exceptions, I guess, but even then it depends on the map and enemy.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

subroc posted:

I usually do it the way Synonamess Botch mentioned. I've never even heard of someone using the Y button to reload cancel. Don't you usually have a skill bound to that button?
I use Y all the time, but I'm a power spammer. If I'm shooting, I'm on a cool down, so whatever the power is, it just cancels and casts nothing.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Rape Jake. posted:

I promoted everything for this thing. I haven't promoted since like April. Is it normal to just straight kick a guy out of silver for being level 1? It's Silver.
Every Gold lobby was FBW Geth and no one would stay in my non-FBW Geth lobby, so I figured, gently caress it, let's do Silver just to play something. Sal Inf + Indra and it totally wrecks poo poo on Gold, so Silver is a no brainer.

I got kicked from the first lobby. Votes were slow to come in, so I asked, "Any reason for the kick votes?"

"Salarian Infiltrator is took weak for Silver."

Think I kinda dodged a bullet by getting kicked out of that one.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Out of interest, what were they playing? Please say it was wall-to-wall human adepts.
Two Krogan Sentinels and a Destroyer. I don't remember being particularly galled by their loadouts, and their meaningless N7 ranking was probably 200 - 300 range just like mine.

I have to assume this was Babies' Second Silver Game or something, because later I played Sal Inf Silver for the first time* and loooooooooool. It was cruise control + godmode.

*I didn't get around to trying Infiltrators as a whole until I was already doing Gold routinely 'cause I'm not a big sniper dude :shrug:

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

UnknownMercenary posted:

Whatup, Hurricane I buddy?

Goddamn this thing on a Turian Soldier with Barrage Gear... 0 loving recoil. Headshots for everyone!
Is that all it takes? I've got the passive stability evolutions, but the Hurricane was still too goofy without Stabilization consumables, and I'll run out of those eventually. I've got Barrage Gear maxed out, so if that's all it takes to keep the Hurricane under control...

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Valiant Is? We have dismissed those claims.

Mr PMS posted:

Eagle VI

Well, looks like I just took the lead for first person to reach Eagle X

:shepicide:
Eagle V here. Wanna race?

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Elotana posted:

After trying the adrenaline-less Soldier for a while I've decided Concussive Shot is a pretty underrated power. The damage sucks but a power that staggers shielded mooks on a 1 second cooldown is nothing to sneeze at.
This is why I run 4/4/6/6/6 on Turian Soldier. Once you remember it's there, Conc Shot comes in handy quite often.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

The 100% bullshit where, as a Turian, you will insta-die to a Phantom if they hit you at the right angle because there's literally nothing you can do and nowhere you can go after the bullshit stagger, is kinda bullshit.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Elotana posted:

Tech armor detonations will stagger Phantoms if you're playing Sentinel. I usually wait for them to start swinging, detonate, then heavy melee. Works great for Krogan Sentinel too.
Less so for the glorious Turian Soldier!

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

EvanSchenck posted:

Sync kills would actually be manageable if not for a couple quirks. The first problem is the atrocious netcode, which means that you can see the banshee coming and evade successfully, but the host doesn't get your packet in time, so you get killed by magnet hands in spite of doing everything right. The second problem is the stupidity of players getting sync killed when they revive with medigel, which is just obtuse. Nintendo figured out in the goddamn 1980s that you should give players invincibility when they're reviving from being killed. Amending those two issues would immediately resolve most of my frustration with multiplayer.
I had my most egregious one just a little while ago. Got revived, and before I even started to stand, the camera had already zipped around for TOTALLY SICK KILL CAM. I dropped before the standing up animation had finished, hell, before the revive SFX had finished. The gently caress?

"Not only is there nothing wrong with how that happened, I believe this is the most perfectly balanced unit in the game."

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Paracelsus posted:

If you ever get an Indra, I highly recommend it, as it weighs less at level 1 than even the relatively light SRs do at level 10, so you can cloak and drain much more often, and your damage buffs from cloak, prox, and passive make it effective even against armored enemies. Plus you don't have to worry so much if your aim is a little off, as you can correct long before the clip runs out instead of having to wait a couple seconds to reload.
Yeeeees, the much maligned Indra is a pretty sick option for Infiltrators. I'm a terrible sniper, but love my Sal Inf. Cloak -> Prox -> Indra Hose will obliterate anything on Gold. 100k+ score easy.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

The Sean posted:

I tried this week's challenge last night and failed every attempt. My bottleneck is attempting to hack and having to sit in place and get shot the whole time.

Also, I have no KroGuard. I do have a Vorcha Sentinel but I haven't leveled that class since promoting it a few weeks ago :smith:
My friends and I 3-manned a Silver so we wouldn't be bored soloing Bronze, or frustrated by a troublesome objective on Bronze

Just 2-man Bronze with a goon and play slightly cautiously. It'll take all of 15 minutes.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Maaaan, I just cannot get into the Turian Sentinel. I tear up from the flo' up on Turian Soldier, but every build I try on Sent is a big old waste of time.

Any suggestions? I've got every weapon maxed except ultra-rares.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Lagomorphic posted:

What ultrarares do you have? Do you have a Talon?
No Valiant or Collector Rifle, at least one of everything else, including a Talon II.

Spec full Warp + Talon + Incendiary = damage insanity?

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Morshu posted:

I just found out if you net a phantom right as she is magnet handing you in for an instant kill, you get launched into a wall and still die. :stare:
I've had a Prox Mine go off on a Phantom on the first frame or two of its Super gently caress You Sync Kill animation.

I still got killed, of course.

Without taking any other damage, the Phantom then dropped dead. From the Prox Mine that had hit it, y'know, two seconds ago.

Fuuuuuuuuuck you, insta-kills!

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Haven't gotten a single Gold game to complete Wave 10 objective in days. I can usually drag a team of people with a pulse through a game, but goddamn, these assholes lately.

I'd say at least they provide alternative targets for enemies and some missiles, but obviously they don't use their missiles.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

TheDK posted:

What platform? I didn't see you on the list in the OP. If you're on PC I'll play right now and we can make sweet biotic explosions together (Origin - teh_DK).
X-box, sadly.

The pubbies are always bad, but goddamn, it's like they're indoctrinated sleeper agents lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

GulMadred posted:

Ability: Cryo Grenades. Bose-Einstein condensate technobabble blah blah blah. We already have fire and electricity grenades, so let's freeze some bitches.
Would pay realbux if this was the in game description.

• Locked thread