Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

exquisite tea posted:

I hope the popularity and fun of ME3's multiplayer in spite of it being, in essence, a throwaway side project translates into a full-featured Mass Effect MP title somewhere down the line. I don't care about the ending or Commander Shepard or artistic integrity anymore, I just want to kill endless waves of bad guys and maybe other players too sometimes.

I could see a DLC goldmine if they made a left for dead clone (PvP optional like L4D), and started you off with a squad of named characters with random lines and reactions. Then just dropped additional characters while letting you keep and upgrade guns like ME3.

Or I dunno, just give me a full game of ME multi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Okay, I haven't played since the Batarian/Geth pack. What's all the cool and overpowered bullshit now?

These are the ones I've unlocked.

Cerberus - both variants have Smash and Lash, which are excellent powers. Smash is a close combat attack with high damage and slow startup frames. Lash is like Pull 2.0, goes thru shields and whips the enemy towards you. Fantastic on Phantoms.

N7 Destroyer - The Ultimate Soldier. No really. He can do what every other soldier does all the time and altogether, from grenades to increased shields to weapon bonuses

N7 Slayer/Shadow - Would you like to be a ninja or samurai in space?

Male Quarian Engineer - Wallhacking scans and the best grenades in the game. He's the Solid Snake of characters

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Hmm, apparently I have no idea how to play the Slayer. It's 3 powers are just a mish-mesh. I do like telporting around like Nightcrawler and cutting people, complete with invincibility frames. But against any non-mooks I seem to be helpless.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

AngryBooch posted:

Yeah but Olympics bro, it has to tie in. London. Gold. Olympus.

Are you loving kidding-Argh! I want to stab whoever made, I don't know, is this even a pun?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

duffath posted:

Hello new ME3 MP thread!

I haven't played in ages so I've missed out an explanation on the new gear slot. Are they one-time expendables or equippable permanent lasting perks? I haven't used any yet because I didn't want to waste the good ones.

I've unlocked the N7 fury and N7 Demolisher and they've both been pretty fun. I don't have a huge array of N7 weapons so I've been using the Striker assault rifle and spamming shells with a big clip size and it seems pretty effective at battering things to pieces, and it doesn't surprise me to hear the Pirahna is too good because drat that gun does a tonne of damage.

The Fury is also ace fun for me because I like biotic classes. Being able to set up so many biotic combos at point blank range is absolutely amazing!

I think when people I play with unlock demolishers I'll have to get my Asari Justicar out again. Shield bubbles all day to make those dudes even tougher. Crazy stuff!

Oh that reminds me...Is gold much easier to do now? I never used to enjoy it because it was FBW/Geth and camping in some little corner. I'd like to think my classes are decently optimised, but probably not because I'm not using an infiltrator specced for headshot and sniper damage? I'm curious about how doable gold is these days with a bunch of level 20s?

1. It's a little confusing because they have similiar names, but the actual equipment is reusable, levels up just like gun mods. They'll disappear from your slot sometimes, but it's just unequipped, not gone.

2. Gold is harder than it used to be, but that's balanced by some outrageous class and guns. Generally do Gold instead of Silver because Silver attracts the worst pubbies. I still routinely wipe on Gold if it's with a bad group.

With a good group, it's pretty doable, so just try it. Demolisher and Justicar are good learners characters for Gold because you don't need to amazing execution with them unlike the Fury. Just having the bubble or a vending machine down justifies 75% of your existence. Justicars are especially useful in providing protection for 3/5 of the missions.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

radintorov posted:

Is the Valiant still good? I just got my first in the Commendation pack and I remember everyone loving it months ago.
Also, are the Gear Enhancement consumables? I see people using them even in Bronze matches, and I did not want to risk using a useful one unless I really need to.

Put it this way. If you're really good at headshots use the Black Widow. If not, use the Valiant. Between wasted overkill damage on mooks, the recoil, the firing rate, and the weight (if appliacable) the Valiant is just much more efficient.

I sometimes use it as a secondary weapon with my Destroyer and and with 4 shots, I can kill mooks more efficiently than with the Black Widow.(With the Valiant against unshielded usually I get 1 in the body, and as they're staggering, 1 in the head)

The Black Widow is better against Boss level enemies, but it's not exactly the most optimal weapon for that role since the beefed up assault rifles and shotguns came out

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Operation: Blockade

Reapers have cut off our supply lines. Hold out with whatever weapons available until supplies arrive.

Squad Objective: Clear any map vs. Reapers with a squad on any difficulty using only the starting common weapons.
Allied Objective: Get 10,000 kills with the Mantis. Get 10,000 kills with the Tempest. Get 10,000 kills with the Avenger. Get 10,000 kills with the Predator. Get 10,000 kills with the Katana.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

SubponticatePoster posted:

The joy of the Harrier killed it. At least it died happy :unsmith:

I still don't loving have one :smith:

Can't you turn on rapid click in Windows or something? Do that and equip a Mattock and just pretend you have a Harrier. :D

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Magic Love Hose posted:

It also gets you some of the newer mods from multiplayer (omni-blade on the assault rifle, ultralight pistol materials) and a new decorative item for the captain's quarters that has to be seen to be believed.

EDIT: Also! The Dominate power becomes available for single-player. Haven't taken it for a spin yet.

Are these mods automatically loaded into multiplayer or do you have to unlock them via packs

Blompkin posted:

I'm still fairly new to the game (finally getting the hand of silver matches), but I still don't get what the fuss is over stability.

I can see that many of the assault rifles need the stability weapon mod in order to be effective, but why bother with character builds and consumables based around it? If you want to get head shots that bad, why not just use a sniper rifle or scoped heavy pistol? Am I missing something?

Because it's extremely effective to unload 20-50 bullets into a mook's head [usually 2-3 in succession] in under a second without having to zoom, aim, and adjust for recoil when dealing with a sniper rifle.

Get a Harrier or a Hurricane, and try it out. It's just so much more versatile and killy to be able to spray a pinpoint stream of bullets into someone's face, especially when advancing on a position.

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 29, 2012

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Blompkin posted:

Thanks Pumpking and Thundercracker for the quick responses!

I don't think I explained my questions about stability well enough. I understand why stability is important, especially on guns that have a lot of kick, but I don't see why the gun mod alone isn't enough for some people. I've seen people say how amazing zero recoil is, but there doesn't seem to be much difference to me.

Of course, I'm not getting head shots on really distant enemies with it in either case. Are people really able to reliably get head shots at long distances with a zero recoil assault rifle? If so, then my aim might just suck.

I had a bigger writeup, but it got lost. Basically you're right in that stability is very gun and situationally specific. If you're going for a gunplay character just consider equipping a Barrage Equipment, and fire from cover. Should take care of most of the stability issues. Add stability single-use bonus if needed.

Basically, I've found that only the Hurricane is worth taking stability mods on, and that's because it's a great weapon hampered by an outrageous kick.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
This would work if there was any indication if you succeeded at a weekend Objective. As is, there's no way to know unless you specifically play with a group or solo it.

Whatever. Krogan Vanguard time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Geostomp posted:

Bioware seriously needs some professional help with their PR department. If they're not insulting the consumer or aping CoD stuff, they're promising things the designers are nowhere close to prepared to give.

The thing is, I don't know why they couldn't just give us Harbinger. MP exists in a sort of parrallel universe that has no effect on the SP. They have to voice assets for Harbinger already, so it's especially a free fan-wank.

• Locked thread