Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Who the gently caress tries to farm plat on Firebase Giant? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

exquisite tea posted:

Giant is actually super easy to cheese. All you do is park two people at the big ramp leading to the control room and two more on top of the ladder down to the lower area. All enemies will spawn on the other side of the map and be entirely exposed.
Yes, but then everyone (except me) proceeded to run all over the map and get murdered. One dipshit kept running back to the starting area. The host, who picked the map was one of these dipshits, who then decided to yell at everyone for getting killed.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
So I have been sitting here for about 45 minutes, watching a guy more or less solo Condor on plat. I got dropped into it with an AA. He's running as a Vorcha, whether soldier or sent I don't know, but nothing can kill him. It's insane. I might be able to contribute more but for some reason my stasis has decided to just stop working on things.

edit: OK, maybe he's hacking or something because he's been grabbed by a banshee twice now and she's completed the animation and he doesn't die.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 13, 2012

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Nordick posted:

Yeah I have an Indra, and did pretty well with it, no problem there. And I do have some characters with a scoped Mattock, I think. Only used the Sabre on my Destroyer so far, with a scope even, and it worked pretty well. Might try it on my Turian soldier or GethInf as well. It's just that I really miss that AR extended barrel mod, while I do have the damage mod for sniper rifles.
I just love the feel of the Viper apart from the stupid zoom and would really like to use that gun.
Late reply, and almost embarrassing to admit, but at close range (or with a quick moving target like a banshee) I quickscope. Much easier to move the reticle over the target and then L1/R1. Guess I should start adding some 360s to be totally pro, but it works very well with a multishot gun like the Black Widow.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Jesus Christ. Between disconnects, stupid poo poo pubbies wiping on plat during wave 1, and other assorted annoyances I've made it to extraction a grand total of twice. And I've been playing for a good 5 hours :negative:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Frankenstyle posted:

Oh gently caress me. The only gun I've been missing is the Harrier. So I play a bit this morning for the first time in a week, and to my great joy I get a Harrier in a PSP. I play one goddamn game with it, and my antique Xbox decides that is absolutely has to die and go to heaven right loving now.
The joy of the Harrier killed it. At least it died happy :unsmith:

I still don't loving have one :smith:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Oh good, I have several classes sitting at 20, so I'll jump on, promote, and be done. Then get some light matches in to push back up. If any PS3 folks are on, send MosquitoJones a message, because I'm so loving sick of pubbies I could puke.

Tried to get into a platinum game last night with 1 guy who was in his 300's (I'm 400-something) and a guy that was 4 thousand. Came in as a Demolisher, they were screaming at me to change classes so I switched over to AJ. Then they complained "these kids don't know what they're doing" and changed it from plat to gold. Both of them were running furies, and when we unsurprisingly failed out in the 6th round, me and the other guy who dropped in were on top and the 4k guy was at the very bottom. I wanted to send him a message about not knowing what he was doing, but it was :effort:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I read this sort of thing all the time and it must only happen on gold/platinum or something because I've never had people gently caress out over weird things like that. I've played with randoms who were bad in very bizarre ways, but none of them got mad about anything.

I'm rank ~111 or somesuch but it would probably be a lot closer to 300-400 if I actually promoted every time I hit 20, which I've yet to do once. Guess this event gives me an excuse to do that. I have 2 respec cards so there didn't seem to be much reason to promote.
Yeah, I don't know either. I was just hosting a plat and 3 other guys dropped in with all their N7 levels in the double digits, so I lowered it to gold just because I got the feeling that they wouldn't know what to do. I was pretty much correct in this assessment, I also put it on FBW and they kept insisting on running out of the room in the earlier levels, forcing me to solo a lot of the waves. Long about 5 they realized I was hanging out there for a reason, but still had a terrible tendency to wander out on the back deck, causing us to get flanked. We failed out in 9.

I did kick a guy out from a plat match who was N7 level 9 or something like that, just because not only would he probably not know what he was doing, but would have lovely weapons/powers. And I've kicked people after rounds if they were objectively terrible, but that has nothing to do with rank. And if I hadn't played hundreds of rounds with my level 20 whatevers, I'd have a much higher N7 as well, but until I've unlocked every thing then having the ability to run gold or plat for cash is more useful.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
On my Shadow should I spec N7, sword mastery, or both?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
What is in the coding that makes my PS3 hardlock? This is the only game it does it on. Usually halfway through a plat match :negative:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Elotana posted:

Don't be in cover in the first place. Just ABC to restore the shield gate. Here's a FRAPS I cut demonstrating how you can stagger-tank Cerberus, on that Giant hack where Phantoms spawn literally figuratively up your rear end. (FRAPS also captured my shoutcast station :slick:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XexjmLnZUI

The Eagle is basically just for show.
This has made me realize I am bad at the Slayer :shepface:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
On the off chance that there are any PS3 players on, please send MosquitoJones a message. I'm really tired of W/G/G and I can't get into a decent plat match to save my life.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I just joined a lobby with someone whose N7 was 12,772. :psypop:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Just FYI I sent an email to that me3mpcheaters address on some rocket glitching over the weekend and I just got a response from a live human being. They said they can't tell me the result of any investigation but they are looking into it (should be pretty loving obvious when one guy on the team has a 400k score). So they are at least checking the inbox :v:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

TacticalGranny posted:

Got Warp Rounds IV and a Valiant II.

All I want is a Hurricane D:
I got a Hurricane II :mad:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Got dropped into a plat lobby with 1 guy. He sent me a message HEY I HAVE 2 FRIENDS COMING THEY ARE REALLY GOOD.

His friends showed up and they wiped on wave 1 on Jade. I didn't bother to gel and let the round end, then left and sent him a message "FYI that wasn't good." :shepface:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Jesus loving Christ, 5 disconnects in a row. Can't even get to a match, just hits the loading/communicating screen and then "Your connection to the game has been lost." WTF Bioware, are your servers made out of old calculator parts? :argh:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

exquisite tea posted:

I knew exactly what was going to happen before I even clicked, didn't stop me from laughing. The stubborn refusal of any squadmates to maybe kinda missile the Banshees killing them was similarly inspiring.
Why do people not use their missiles? You either get someone glitching and killing everything with them or standing in a room on plat full of banshees, primes and phantoms getting killed over and over. If I haven't used all mine by the end of a game then I'm either playing bronze/silver or I feel like I missed killstreak opportunities.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Speaking of instakills, just did a gold round on Giant/Cerb and everyone got gibbed by phantoms during extraction. :cool:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Psion posted:

Yeah see my video a page or two back to see Banshees triple-sync killing in a row. So stupid.
It was pretty close to that. Eeveryone had done fine through the game, then as we started to fall back to the zone. I got filleted, then watched as it happened to everyone else. What was funny is that we weren't all bunched up in the same place, the game just decided to spawn 150 phantoms all through the map apparently.

edit: and now my Slayer is desynched on FB Goddess, hovering about 50 ft in the air. At least I'm over the extraction zone and my PD still works :v:

edit 2: this is actually hilarious, the AI is reading me as being on ground level, so I have about half the spawn killing me over and over again while my teammates can pick off the straggler at leisure.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 1, 2012

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Felinoid posted:

You're right, they don't ban EVERY person. But they look for patterns. Stay with cheaters too much, and they consider it a pattern. They've straight-up said that much, that they consider people benefitting from cheaters to be as culpable if they do it on purpose, and their best way of determining that is repeated instances. There's also the issue that for every few times you see someone cheating, there's probably a couple that you didn't notice. But they've got the data (even if you set feedback to off, a lot of it still gets recorded on their servers), and they will see it.
I mentioned in a report I sent out (and got a reply to, so they do look at them at least) that I didn't back out of the mission because it costs me consumables and I shouldn't get punished for someone else cheating. I leave in the lobby once the game is done, though.

I also don't understand the whole "pres butan to win" attitude. If I want to loving murder everything by pushing a single button I'll take my L20 human sniper with a BW into a bronze game. Which I do from time to time because it's fun to pop the heads off of every single Cerberus mook in there.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Psion posted:

yeah I'm never going to complain about a good asari Justicar (who tend to score low) or a good salarian Engineer (same) because they make everyone else murderously effective. Tech and/or biotic bursts going off every second is a wonderful thing.
AJ is my plat farming class. I got into a match with a Fury, Drell Adept, and Demolisher. Explosions out the wazoo but we wiped on 10 because people seem to think rockets are made of purestrain gold or something and refuse to use them when there's a hack in a room full of bosses :argh:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Was tired of FBW/G/P farming so decided to host a G/C/P. Had 3 people drop in, highest was about 120, lowest around 30. Figured what the gently caress and started. At first everyone was trying to hold the drop-off area while I went to the room and they all died. After I cleaned up that round they figured out where I was is a good place to be and joined me. We made it to 10 before we wiped with 1 kill target to go. Babby's first Plat farm :3:

Then the next game we wiped on 4 because everyone insisted in running all over the map :psyduck:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Ran a couple of gold games with divine7942 (no idea what your SA handle is) and was able to clear 3 man runs while carrying a mediocre N7900. Very refreshing to only be screaming at the game when your character does something stupid like vault a wall when you mean to go into cover or whatever instead of at the other players!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I'm quite sure I would like the Slayer much more if he didn't suffer from horrible input lag that caused my PD to fire really slowly and stand around like a loving dipshit not charging which gets me killed way more that I should.

Nobody else seems to have this problem and I'm using a new controller so I don't know what the gently caress :psyduck:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Synonamess Botch posted:

I am 100% certain it is to keep people out of missile glitching lobbies.
I thought glitching didn't use up your missiles, so maybe it won't count since the game doesn't see that you've "used" any. Which would be even funnier :downs:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Psion posted:

I mean come on, if you're going to do the glitch you should do it right :colbert:
I had a guy doing it on Vancouver, and I will say that he did it very well. We stayed in the area where you start, and he just ran back and forth murdering everything as it spawned in. I think he had a 400k score at the end of the match, while the rest of us had about 20k each.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Yeah, I was setting off explosions when I could. I think I was carrying a sniper rifle instead of a lighter gun, which meant my cooldown after DC was pretty long. So I couldn't set off my own explosions very often. But I did find out that a DC + Throw was enough to kill a Phantom, which was very helpful to my not dying abilities.
Use a pistol/SMG to get your cooldowns up to 200%. You don't do a lot of shooting as a Fury so carry a gun for emergency situations and spam that throw on a 1.5 second cooldown. Blow poo poo up all day errday.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Yeah, I realize that now. My thought process then was, "I like sniping and being far away from enemies, so I should bring a sniper rifle."
And a Fury should run into groups like a retard. Infiltrators (regular human, Salarian) will fulfill your snipage needs. I really like humanInf on lower levels, cryo blast to freeze them and then headshot, headshot, headshot. I can use the human on gold but she's just slightly better than mediocre on plat.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mr Dog posted:

Practicing for this weekend's operation by no-cons soloing Bronze with a Vorcha Sentinel. Seems pretty straightforward, actually, slap a Reegar on that guy and the only thing that can take him out is Atlas cannons and Turrets.

It's fun, and worth doing even if only to yell "CHOKE AND DIE" while spamming grenades in the final few seconds of extraction :haw:
Choke N Die is the name of my VorSent. My VorSol is Break Fans :buddy:

Also I just got done with a plat/Geth game on FBW. I guess it was everyone else's first plat because there was one guy with a mic who was instructing the other guys to go to the basement. Then when the first Cerb showed up mic guy said "what the gently caress, why are there Cerberus here?" and then when the Banshees showed up all I heard was "HOLY poo poo!" Then I murdered them all with my AJ using BE and a Piranha to the face while everyone else ran the gently caress away :haw: We made it through payday on wave 10 so it wasn't too bad.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Dear pubbies: if you are going to farm W/G/P for the love of gently caress stop running out onto the back platform to camp, it causes us to get flanked and I can't hold aggro at the console which leads to everyone dying, TIA.

loving poo poo people, it ain't hard.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Any Vorcha names except "BREAK FANS" are invalid.
My VorSent Choke N Die would like a word with you :colbert:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Is the event going on yet? I have some errands to run but would like to kill some stuff with my AJ before going out.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Felinoid posted:

I've only ever done that on purpose when they had shields and the Prime didn't. Shadow just isn't fast-paced enough to be making that kind of mistake.
That's a nice way of saying he's stupid :v:

If anyone needs to get this done on PS3 feel free to shoot me an invite (my friends list may be full, I can do some pruning). PSN is MosquitoJones. I have every class unlocked so I can complement whatever you have. I got the squad goal done already with a random group of Turians on FBR/C/B so I don't care what you use.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I just had the weirdest bug. Don't remember what character I was originally on, think KroSol, and get dropped into a lobby with 3 other people playing as Destroyers. I figure what the gently caress and switch over. Once the match starts, I can't see any enemies or the killfeed. I can see/do objectives and my teammates don't seem to be lagging. I could take damage. I think they were glitching because we did condor/cerb/plat in about 20 minutes.

Free credits I guess, but it wasn't really fun. The only points I got were for reviving people :saddowns:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

VJeff posted:

Is that a 50 Sniper kill medal? Holy poo poo. :stare:
I've done that many times.

With a human infiltrator on gold or higher. :smug:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Felinoid posted:

Not with a bloody Javelin I bet.
True, that's one of the guns I still haven't unlocked :smith:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Jet Jaguar posted:

There should be a map with destructible fans just for Vorcha.
At least when you get a 4-click remote weapon triggers you get to shut down machines :haw:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Eagle III. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is there a current list of goon players of this game (on the ps3 anyway)?
There used to be a list of players for every console (check OP maybe?). I'm on PS3 and I play fairly frequently - MosquitoJones.

• Locked thread