Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beach
Dec 13, 2004

No sign of intelligent life on this planet.
I really like the slayer's heavy melee warp, but it took me several games to realize that it will drain your health if you have no barrier up. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

New enemies! Thorian creepers and green asari commandos! Collectors, Pirates, indoctrinated hanar tentacle attack!

A wave of thresher maws!

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

So I'm coming back to the game with free time over the holiday. A lot has changed! Is this list from the OP still a fairly accurate representation of the weapon hierarchy?

I played a couple of matches last night and got a nasty surprise from an invulnerable dark cloud chasing me around the map. Thankfully, the team was very understanding and was nice enough to pick my dumb rear end up every time I'd walk around a corner into it.

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

Something about the Mattock sound effect is just so drat satisfying.

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

I'm seriously impressed at the amount of content they have put out for this, considering everyone expected Mass Effect multiplayer to be some kind of bastard child of the main game. I'm guessing as long as those gear packs keep printing money they will keep adding more stuff.

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

Will Overload cause tech explosions with ammo effects like incendiary?

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

Paracelsus posted:

Overload will detonate ammo effects, but ammo won't detonate overload. Ammo effects count as level one powers for damage calculations.

Many thanks

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

I'm getting pretty close to unlocking the Dog of War title. What class would you guys recommend for farming up all that melee damage? Does Havoc Strike count as melee, or is it counted as a power? So far I have been charging around slicing things up as an N7 slayer.

Here's my inventory.

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

Burning Mustache posted:

Krogan Sentinel is pretty much the best melee class in the game I think.

Nice!I have one of those that I've never played before.

KidKrampus posted:

If Shadow Strike counts as melee points, you should be able to easily commit nemesis genocide towards that goal.

Sadly, I haven't come across a character with this power yet.

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

Burning Mustache posted:

Use something like this and you should be good to go.
The most important thing is to spec Tech Armor and Rage to 6 and with the evolutions taken here for maximum melee damage. The passive, Incinerate and Lift Grenade aren't all that important and you can spec the remaining points pretty much however you want.

Pick a shotgun (Wraith, Reegar or Piranha) with an Omniblade attachment for further melee damage.

With the stuff in the example I linked (all of which is in your inventory) you can get your melee damage up to 1579.5, and heavy melee to 3685.5.

That's on top of 1012.5 health and 1350 shields and additional damage reduction from TA and active Rage, so you're pretty much an invincible death machine :black101:

E: \/\/\/ Right, thanks!

This is awesome thanks so much :black101:

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

Monolith. posted:

Anyone else made an enemy invulnerable to weapons fire by trying to grab and it simply not working? It's an odd glitch to explain but you have to try and grab them, they slide forward into the grab animation, and then it either doesn't work and they appear behind you. Missiles won't kill them but the engineer's turret should work.

Maybe it's just a case of really bad lag.

I find this happens a lot with reapers, when a cannibal or husk starts getting buffed by a marauder during a grab, the husk or cannibal then become invulnerable. Usually they just stand there being untouchable, but every once in a while they will get buffed, grabbed, stuck, then go on an unstoppable murderous rampage.

Husk of doom.

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

So I was playing my Cerb Adept this morning for the first time since the singularity changes and my buddy was playing a Krogan Vangaurd. Doing some geth gold, I threw out a singularity into a group of troopers and the Krogaurd charged, and to our surprise the detonation hit like four or five enemies. We spent the rest of the match spamming singularity and charge and giggling like mad men as the detonation hit a massive area, clearing out spawns in two or three combos.

We didn't get a chance to start another match, so my question is was this normal now with singularity detonating over such a large area/number of enemies or was our game a little bugged? We were on Vancouver Geth Gold, And I only have three or four points in singularity.

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

Just chiming in to agree that the demolisher is one of my favorites to play, and it is def worth it to go rank 6 on the pylon for double grenades. I usually throw on a speed boost consumable and zip around the map, collecting grenades and bombing anything foolish enough to show its face.

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

I tried the N7 Fury out last night and really enjoyed the white knuckles gameplay. Launching myself into a pack of baddies was awesome, but I found that annihilation field wears off after a time, and it can be hard to tell if the power is active or not. A couple of times I wasn't sure if I was refreshing the power or detonating it. Any suggestions for how to track if it is still up, especially in the middle of all the chaos? I know it should appear as a purple cloud around me, but at times it definitely wasn't displaying on my character correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

It would be great if they added some MMO style status icons for things like AoE's, damage boosts and buffs/debuffs.

• Locked thread