Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

CuddlyZombie posted:

Anyone on pc wanna team up to get this weekend challenge done?

3 killstreaks seems like a real pain in the rear end challenge for those of us with only 2 missiles per game.

Yes, sure!

BadfingerSA on Origin. In fact, I'd love to group with anybody.

I'm playing ~right now~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

CuddlyZombie posted:

I'm an idiot, I managed to luck into a pug game where someone else did all the work for me like 5 minutes later, and completely forgot about the thread. I also missed two of Lynx's invitations, too. Sorry everyone. :saddowns:

It's all good. I was fortunate enough to get an invite from a thread dweller for the first time ever. It's far and away the most detonations I've ever seen in one round. Funny how that works.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
I'd like to gently caress around with the Colus engineer, because duh. I don't know anything about mines. Can someone recommend me a build?

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=BadfingerSA&platform=pc

Here's my manifest. I realized playing with some goons yesterday that I've been playing this drat game for 75 hours and my gear is garbage.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

I would never put points into fitness because you're going to die when something looks at you regardless.

So what, something like this?

http://tinyurl.com/aodtn8w

When I say I don't know anything about mines, I mean I've used them like three times ever.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
So gently caress yes, just unlocked the Vorcha Sentinel.

The guide in the OP seriously says don't take Flamer?!

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Alteisen posted:

Zoran's guide says to max it out and take the shield evo,(I usually got armor.)

Ah yes so it does

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Elotana posted:

My loadouts are pretty old now, in this case it predates the fire explosion buff. And yes, it was for variety's sake since Flamer is pretty much all my Vorcha Soldier and Geth Soldier builds do.

It's all good, just trying to figure out what's actually solid. Some of the tooltips and all are pretty unintuitive, and there are a bunch of new classes that don't really have guides at all. Even when there's crossover between powers I understand, it's all "well do these two things cause explosions together or not? gently caress if I know!"

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Burning Mustache posted:

Well that just supports my point, see how being an "engineer" turned out for that guy :colbert:

On the plus side, if they do make such a class, I'm absolutely gonna name him Cathka.
Also Blue Suns color scheme.

When I was catching up on the thread, people were talking about how they named their different classes and how it would be fun to see the names. That would be pretty interesting, since I straight up named my Batarian Sentinel "gently caress". I don't even know why they need names, it's silly.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Can you even take grenades if you have no grenade capacity?

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Frush posted:

So I'm going to try out the Quarian engineer for this weekend's challenge, since I don't really have any of the others. I know the builds from earlier are outdated and before tech combos because good, so how should I look to spec it now?

Lemme give this a shot:

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Engineer/Quarian/IORFF//////

Use the turret to stun/chance to combo incinerate, take a lighter weapon so you can combo cryo/incinerate. If you're reliably freezing armored targets before hitting them with incinerate, it will do more damage in the long run (vs taking armor damage as your t6 upgrade).

I personally like the flamethrower upgrade for the turret but I don't know which one is "better" (Does the flamer prime incinerate?). You could also go to 4 in turret and take 6 in defender or fitness, but you should be drawing aggro with the turret.

I now realize why the QE got a laugh in the OP, but it was the first class that really clicked for me. 6 months changes a lot of poo poo.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Felinoid posted:

Both the vorcha/geth Flamer and a turret's flamethrower prime for a fire explosion, but only while they are burning. The moment they stop (or a few moments before if you're off-host) they're unprimed. That makes getting fire explosions with them a matter of timing your cooldowns. Unfortunately I don't remember what the turret flamethrowers count as for same-power-doesn't-explode purposes, but you may as well give Incinerate a shot since Cryo Blast doesn't detonate anything at all.

Yeah, cryo primes incinerate for a cryo blast. The turret upgrade for freezing ammo primes incinerate as well. It doesn't work the other direction.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Crusader II after Crusader last week.

I like it!

But I don't have a Hurricane yet. Not even an Eagle. :(

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Is there some sort of "strategy" to making sure you have grenades? Playing QME is fantastically strong with them and like playing a human sentinel without warp without them. There are almost always at least one and probably two other grenade users a map. It's not a fun resource management issue it just sucks. Scarcity on a map the size of a postage stamp is dumb.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
I use the shield boost packs far more often than I use the missiles.

But seriously, who doesn't love seeing the never ending point scroll pop up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
I would love a Hurricane I, ever.

• Locked thread