Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I came back to this this morning after not playing since before all the DLC. Got a vorcha sentinel and a N7 slayer. I built the slayer out like a huge glass cannon that thing is ridiculous fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Cowcaster posted:

Holy poo poo the slayer is loving fun when you're actually coherent enough to pay attention to what's going on :shepface:

I still get knocked out at the drop of a hat because some rocket trooper or something spawned behind me and had me in his sights for a milisecond.

Did they change charging? I can't seem to panic charge away from danger as easily as I could pre all of the DLC.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I got a valiant, and I really like the way it feels. I did some other rounds with a widow and a black widow but I went back to the valiant, I think it's something about the way it sounds.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Elotana posted:

Still not clear on the Glacier swarm. Does it move along a pre-set path, or is it a random walk, or does it chase us? (And does it damage baddies?)

It definitely hurts enemies but it doesn't seem like very much on gold at least.

Trying to play a slayer when you're not the host is so annoying, it feels hyper sensitive to otherwise nonexistent lag like nothing else in the game. Literally pounding 2 to shoot my disruptor with plenty of barrier to do so with and nothing comes out until it's too late. Same with the blink, just comes out when it wants to, but if you're the host both are perfect and you're the ultimate god of war.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
If anything the next major ME game should be the contact war and they can have a whole battlefield style game crammed in there with space combat if they were feeling ambitious.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I certainly hope I'm not the only one who got kicked off maybe 30 minutes ago. It's also now asking me to redeem an online pass which sounds fishy considering it's not just telling me EA servers are down or something.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

zxqv8 posted:

I do believe it's a matter of lag. Since they readjusted everything to fix desyncs, I find that skills just refuse to activate for no apparent reason whatsoever. Playing a Slayer off-host will make you look like a loving retard, because neither charge nor phase disruptor want to fire reliably, leaving you to get face-hosed by everything.

It's really the only thing keeping me from playing slayer 24/7. I sometimes put up my own game to try to host so I can play the one chosen class but noone ever ends up in it so I'm forced back to quick match and playing lesser classes every so often.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
It is incomprehensible how terrible players are at this hour, I can barely get to wave 5 on gold.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Is the raider supposed to shoot 3 times if you're clicking as fast as possible? It holds 2 rounds and the description doesn't offer much insight so it just feels like a glitch in a game full of millions of glitches.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Insert name here posted:

How should I be using Decoy? Like 90% of the time I keep forgetting I have it at all and just end up spamming Energy Drain instead.

When I've used it successfully it's been at major chokepoints where enemies are forced to run into it. From there it's basically a tech burst/fire explosion apocalypse from relative safety if you have someone else with tech poo poo.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Postin' the hot jam I'll be charging dudes to http://soundcloud.com/devolverdigital/m-o-o-n-paris-1

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
drat crusader with shredder and damage mods on a batarian soldier is like the ultimate boss killer.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I can't get a destroyer, it's the last thing I don't have that I really want to play and it's killing me.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I absolutely love the saber on the BF3 soldier, nonstop adrenaline rush for a combined 97% damage buff is so beastly with it.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Are there any other powers that are directly affected by a melee mod like that? That seems like an insane boost.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Volvagia posted:

I don't know how anyone ever gets a decent gun up to level X, I've been playing on and off since release and my best gun is a Reegar Carbine III. I see people with cool titles and Harrier X's and I'm alternately jealous/glad I don't have that much time/real money to waste.

I was in a game yesterday with a guy who had a piranha x and poo poo died so fast when he came around it was boring. I can't imagine how dull actually being him must be like.

I also love being kicked out of games because I don't have 4000 points and a tryhard banner. I feel like a second class citizen with only 1400ish points and my N7 day banner.

Gazaar fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 13, 2012

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
All I want is a shadow or a destroyer, I wish I could trade away the harrier I never use for one. Or my idiotic fully customized volus adept, ugh.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I crashed twice out of this game today out of nowhere, never happened before. Once while loading the MP menus, and later I got a sound stutter to desktop at around round 9 robbing me of precious zennies and an engineer extraction.

Moola posted:

Just unlocked the Crusader I. Holy hell, this gun does not get enough love!

Yeah, it's pretty gross. On a Batarian Soldier it's the meanest combination in the world.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Say what you will about the Raptor, I at least see it in games. But there is one gun that even pubbies won't touch. One gun that I have never seen get used, ever.

The Incisor.

I actually watched a Salarian INF outscore everyone on my team using the incisor on gold once. I forget what I was but I could barely kill anything because he just ran around wrecking everything with it.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Agreed, the higher end pubs can hang with the most skilled goons (except me, i'm the best) while the worst goons are as boneheaded/worse than the worst pubs.

This very statement here is why I'll never stop telling goons that they are, in fact, the same pubs they desperately hate.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Came back after a pretty big break and used the juggernaut for the first time, goddamn that thing is fun. Crusader with a larger shield and 4 charges on the siege pulse is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

CowboyAndy posted:

Question for the PC players; we of the Xbox ME3 clan have noticed many of the banners are broken and are showing a rainbow-like image. Are you all having the same problem?

Also, trapping teammates in corners with your Vol-snout counts for nothing either. Just in case anyone was wondering.

Yeah my loyalist banner bugs out like that, other people are verrry rarely bugged for me.

• Locked thread