Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

surrender posted:

I've made the step up from Silver to Gold on 360 and it seems like I'm coming in first or second in each round, despite having just a Harrier I and Hurricane I/Talon I on my Destroyer. Since I'm not any good at console shooters, I'm just going to assume that the other pubbies are worse

I'm only doing Bronze and Silver because I just got into the game and don't have any N7 classes or ultra-rare weapons or anything yet and my experience has been that I always come in second behind some guy who I don't actually understand how he is getting so many points and ahead of two guys who respectively die on the first wave of bronze and somehow get less than ten kills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Ha ha, yeah I get it. But c'mon, it is pretty redundant to have two Krogan Vanguards.

There are either three or four Human Vanguards, depending on your perspective. Fundamentally I think your counterarguments are based on lore and fluff, which would be a more reasonable basis if this was a well-made standalone game and not a silly mod for a singleplayer game basically.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

1st AD posted:

One time I put the filter to Bronze and for some reason it dropped me into a Gold game in progress. A real one, not a farming one. I had a level 1 Kroguard.

This definitely happens with the filter set to bronze, I've just been getting started with the game and I've both been sent into silver games in progress about three times now and sent into a lobby that was set to bronze and when it filled up the game owner changed it to plat and we readied without paying attention and wiped on the first wave.

It's nice though, I was a level 6 Turian Sent in one of those silver games and ended up having the second highest score and getting a "GG" message on Live from the guy with the highest score. It feels good to do well!!!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Psion posted:

Hey Elotana I'm throwin' down the gauntlet of ME3 videos with questionable music choices
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Oh-e4WqStI

:colbert:

Hey what the hell why didn't I get a Victory Pack

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

TwistedLadder posted:

I don't think people would be obsessively farming so much if not for the buy-a-million-packs-and-hope-you-get-what-you-want system. I've wanted an Asari Justicar for months, and I still don't have it because the random unlocking means there is no guarantee except for the sheer volume of packs you purchase, which is easiest to acquire through farming.

Yeah the combination of needing to level up guns and equipment with the randomization of drops is absolutely terrible design pretty directly intended to wring as much money from consumers as humanly possible. They want to combat farming because they think they'll make even more money selling packs to people rather than because it has some specific deleterious effect on the game.

The funny part is that they're probably right. Once you find out that some people have spent $1500 for non-gameplay stuff on League of Legends, you realize that the sky's the limit with this kind of thing.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Does the Turian actually have a jetpack? How does the jetpack work?

Yeah, unlocked Ghost with stored up credits and just played a round with it. It's a roll, except you go up into the air a few feet instead of rolling on the ground! This is a nice change of pace for Turians. Also their heavy melee is some kind of crazy jetpack-based slam thing.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Man, I wish they'd done Omega gangs or something instead of the Collectors. These dudes are super loving annoying.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

subroc posted:

Now I can go have a lie down.

Wonder if anybody's assembled a list of the titles and banner graphics yet, I don't play enough to expect that I'll get all of them eventually but it'd be nice to work towards a cool one!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Schubalts posted:

I can't decide if you should get smacked for this.

Verily and vehemently.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly just letting people buy the classes straight up probably would've made them a loving fortune without really costing them players, who'd still have kept playing to unlock all the other crap like weapons and customization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's probably the same phenomenon as every other freemium game, where a very small number of people actually spend cash on it but enough people spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on it that it's still more profitable than charging $15 for the game or whatever.

• Locked thread