Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

So if the multiplayer is following the single player chronologically in some way, and the Reapers are increasingly focusing on London, does this mean we're approaching the point where the Citadel is brought to Earth and Shepard fires the Crucible? I'm waiting for the Multiplayer DLC where we get to fight Reaper bosses...

No. We're approaching the point where you try to log on, and just get a splash screen saying "Commander Shepard did a thing. Your fight is done, trooper..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
Oh gently caress me. The only gun I've been missing is the Harrier. So I play a bit this morning for the first time in a week, and to my great joy I get a Harrier in a PSP. I play one goddamn game with it, and my antique Xbox decides that is absolutely has to die and go to heaven right loving now.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
This is driving me up a wall. I've never had the patience to store up more than 300 thousand Spacebux without spending it all, and now I've got 2.5 million burning a hole in my pocket. If it doesn't drop soon I'm gonna be sitting on a pile of type IV ammo and an Eagle VII.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Nordick posted:

I'd like to farm millions of credits for the DLC, too.

I'm just not very goot at Platinum. :smith:

I've never farmed before this weekend, and I just did the Geth gold deal on White. Hooked up with some good pubs on the first go and wracked up almost a million without burning up a single medigel, and maybe fifteen or twenty rockets.

After that I kept hooking up with dumb asses who just bumbled around looking at the scenery, though. So it can be a crap shoot.

edit:

...Yay! it just dropped on XBL! 436 Mb.

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 9, 2012

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Lagomorphic posted:

Edit: Hasn't dropped yet on Xbox live in Canada yet :argh:

Ha-ha! See what happens when you put national health care before catering to the whims of your corporate overlords?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Lagomorphic posted:

Edit: Found it in the extras section of the main games marketplace entry. It's not up in game and the featured download tile has no download link.

Oops, yeah. I meant to mention that and forgot to.

...We don't like spending big on public education down here either.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

thexerox123 posted:

Is there any word on how the Medi-Gel Transmitter works, yet? Does it let you revive someone from a distance at the cost of a medi-gel, or your whole team, or something else altogether?

Looks to be a proximity thing...

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
Holy poo poo, I haven't laughed this much in weeks. Just did a round as a Volus adept, with two Volus engineers and a very confused Bf3 guy. The adept is surprisingly decent, and I still need to figure out what I was doing that kept causing these big rear end mushroom cloud fireballs every time I killed a Banshee. The best bit though was when I started rolly-polly dodging all over the place, and the other two jumped in as we all started giggling into the mics like mildly retarded 3rd graders.

I really want to try out the Turians, but I don't know if I'll ever play another character again. I officially forgive BioWare.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
I take it back, I don't forgive BioWare. The Volus is funny and surprisingly handy, and the Havoc is neat. But everything else about the new DLC just screams "We're gonna make you guys play this game how we want you to play it, and we want to spend real money playing it". The map changes and Geth bomber feels like the equivalent of a BioWare employee shouting "No loving farming!" in your face repeatedly.

I'm not big on farming, but putting so much work into trying to shut down people who are seems a bit silly.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Elotana posted:

Even if it was an outright "gently caress farmers" change, I'd still be okay with it because I would like for Random/Random to not be functionally equivalent to White/Geth.

That's a good point. I hadn't thought about it like that because I've only been chucked into a gold Geth farm a couple of times.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
Goddamnit BioWare. So I'm well on my way to the combat mastery banner, and I get a bunch of grabs and enough headshots to clear the "Headshots 2" challenge and then the round drops to a message that the servers are down. So I hop online to see if it hosed things up. It shows the headshots at the right count, but none of the grabs, and best of all it didn't give me the challenge points.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

el oso posted:

I've been having a bug where I can't shoot, use powers, etc. until I get to an ammo box. Maybe happening once per game.

I got this twice yesterday. Couldn't even zoom in with the left trigger. With me though, noting happened when I tried hitting the ammo box. But I found that if I did a heavy melee it would free things up.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
Goddamn. I got the combat mastery banner on Friday night, and now every time I play I get message bombed by pubbies asking "how you got that thing you do in the lobby".

That's a direct quote.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
There must be a challenge point cheat. I keep running into people with 4000 plus points that can't play worth poo poo. I just randomed into a game with three other guys all between 4100 and 4800, and did more than double all their scores added together. In spite of the fact that I spent a large percentage of my time running around reviving them. I'm not bad, but I'm not all that good.

Also, I'm really impressed with the Indra. I tried it out on a Destroyer for the first time today, after a PSP took it up to level VIII. I didn't think I'd like anything better than the Harrier, but I may have been wrong.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Pumpking posted:

Does anyone have any tips for getting reaper mastery? I've got all except 2 husk challenges completed but I don't see how the hell I'm supposed to get nearly half-a-loving million points killing husks sometime within the next ten years. Can I run a huskpocalypse game or something? Are they still a thing?

Same thing with Cerberus. I've had 20 of the requirements done since Wednesday. Now I spend my time lurking and waiting to desperately jump on every Nemesis I see, nibbling down that last 130 thousand points 700 or so at a time.

I think I'm having the same issue with Reapers as you, but after realizing what was up with Cerberus I refuse to actually look.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Pumpking posted:

Something tells me they didnt put much thought into this. The worst part is I was so loving close (like, ~1500 points close) to getting 15 challenges before they changed it to needing 18.

Be glad you didn't get the fifteen. I got combat mastery the day before they fixed it, and got the glitch where any requirements with three levels (like grabs) which didn't have the third level complete didn't clear when the challenge turned over. Which sounds convoluted, but the upshot is that I'm now forever locked out of being able to get points for turning over combat mastery or most of it's subcategories, since they show up as full, and can never be turned over.

Tech support confirms this will probably never be fixed, since so few people got caught b y this glitch.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Psion posted:

I saw someone get OHKed on the big staircase on London earlier today. Not sure, maybe they did stealth fix it?

No, it's happened to me a few times as far back as a few weeks ago. If they're exactly beside you, they can grab you. If you keep them just a bit up or down hill from where you're standing you can beat on them all day long.

ninja edit

Oops. That's why I need to remember to refresh the page when I get back home.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

EvanSchenck posted:

When I play collectors I'm consistently amazed at how much damage their tank units can survive. I'd like to see a spreadsheet or something that showed their HP values, because my subjective impression is that it takes a ridiculous amount of gunfire to kill Praetorians and Scions--and I'm talking about shooting them in their weak points (humps/head, belly plates) with a Widow X with rail amp and ammo powers toted by a human soldier. It's almost like they have all over damage reduction or something.

I finally found a cure for the Scions. Using a Geth engineer with incendiary ammo I spent this morning tech exploding them en masse like it was an afterthought. Since they seem inclined to hang out in pairs you can just alternate between them and take them out in fifteen to twenty second with no help.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

VJeff posted:

It's not enough that Scions and Praetorians can shoot down a whole team inside of three seconds, but Captains and Troopers can sneak up on you and leave you totally screwed and wasting your medi-gel just to get melee attacked the second you stand up.

Collectors aren't that bad once you get the hang of it. Scions go down really quick to tech explosions. Barring that, make sure and shoot their humps first and when they pop just drop your aim to their heads. Pratorians were driving me nuts, but I finally discovered that if you focus fire on their legs (maybe just their underbellies, but it seemed like their legs to me) they practically melt. Once you get a feel for killing their bosses quickly, dealing with their mobs is a lot easier.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
One thing I've liked about the recent changes to the game has been the way it's motivated me to try characters I never really play, and revisit ones I haven't played in a long time. I've been using the Destroyer since it came out, and I forgot how awesome the Geth Engineer is. Now he's back to being my go-to guy. I was shocked to find out the Batarians are so good, and using the Vorcha so I could get the Mathmagician title gave me a reason to learn how to play that character. So now I mix it up a lot, and was giving BioWare credit and positive mental vibrations for coming up with a good idea to encourage people to experience more of the game beyond their usual preferences. Hell, I even decided to buy the Leviathan DLC, and in spite of the fact that I didn't much like it I was considering getting the Omega stuff when it's released.

KnoxZone posted:

Devastator Mode Power
- Base magazine size bonus decreased from 25% to 15%
- Rank 2 magazine size bonus decreased from 10% to 5%
- Evolution 3 magazine size bonus decreased from 25% to 15%
- Evolution 4 rate of fire bonus decreased from 25% to 15%

Then they go and do dumb poo poo like this. And outright say that it's because "people are playing the class too much" and admit that the latest balance changes are intended to cater to their Bronze and Silver players since that's the bulk of the player base. I'm still trying to work out the logic behind that one. I'm not so much pissed that they broke my favorite toy. I don't play the Destroyer that much anymore. But their constant need to gently caress with whatever is most popular on a given week is starting to make me paranoid about liking anything.

I've been spending too much time on this game anyway, and I've needed an excuse to quit. Just to keep myself honest I'm taking all three ME games over to Gamestop this afternoon to save a couple bucks off something new. Should I get Dragons Dogma, or Witcher 2?

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 24, 2012

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Elotana posted:

A single power was nerfed by 10%, better get out the Guy Fawkes masks!

Naw, I'm not really crying. I'm just tired of the way they consistently feel the need to offset any good decision by following up with a stupid one. Mostly I'm just curious about whether Dragons Dogma or Witcher 2 has a better shelf life.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

randombattle posted:

It's not dumb it's just total bullshit is what that answer is. If it was simply "dur the destroyer makes it too hard to balance because he has all of the bullets" then why was the rest of devastator mode also nerfed? And not just a little bit, the fire rate was drastically cut down as well.

Yep. It was actually pretty well balanced, trading off space magic for better shooty skills. And even so I could score way higher with the old timey Geth engineer and a GPS. All while burning through far less medigel since he can sidestep incoming fire, and using no thermal clip packs.

But the real mystery is why they chose to hamstring the games only gun based non space wizard, when the Krogan Vanguard is now capable of soloing gold if being played by a button mashing Spider Monkey.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Psion posted:

I've decided that since all I need to get the Reaperse title is husks, I might as well grind a few. What's the cool strategy for this? Solo waves 1-2 of a bronze/silver/??? reaper, only kill husks, quit and restart forever?

Play on Gold solo with a Krogan Vanguard, and make sure to only target Husks and no other enemy each round (Until the husks stop popping up). The enemies are generated with a budgeted point system, so for maximum Husk generation...only kill husks 'til they run out.

Oh, and on wave three just ignore the objective and keep targeting the husks. They seem to really turn up in force on wave three. You'll kill all you need in twenty minutes to an hour this way.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Psion posted:

OK, maybe I'm doing this wrong but I just did a gold reaper hazard giant, got about 80 husk kills in waves 1 + 2, wave 3 might have had 1 husk between all the banshee and brute and cannibal and marauder death squad. It was not easy to kill this lone husk.

At this rate it's gonna take like six hours for me to get my 467 required husk kills :shepicide:^:shepicide:

Do it on a smaller more closed in map like Glacier where you can get out of sight from the big guys. Keep away from the bulk of the enemies, and the faster husks will come to you well ahead of the rest. It's like reverse kiting.

*Plus if you're getting 80 in the first two waves, that's like five minutes. You should get to 467 in 25 minutes.

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 20, 2013

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Psion posted:

no that took me 24 minutes, I don't get why they are so slow to spawn. I'm running around Giant. Maybe I run around too much? not enough? I mean occasionally I get like a string of them spawning close to me but not often enough.

Weird. Maybe it's the map? I did it on Glacier and knocked out the last 80 to 120 thousand points or so in under and hour and a half. It was just non stop charging for two waves, and running out the clock on wave three. The Husks were being churned out three at a pop as fast as I could kill them, and there haven't been any balance changes (that they've admitted to) since then.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

chrix posted:

I'm still struggling to unlock good guns/mods and only last night finished unlocking all of the common weapons. I'm not sure I'd survive Gold.

Gold really isn't too much harder than silver. I used to avoid it like the plague, but after getting tossed into the middle of gold matches with no consumables on and playing to extraction, it finally sunk in that it's not all that tricky. And I only ever play with randoms. Even if you get stuck with three terrible players the odds are you'll be able to get through the second objective, which makes the time spent/spacebux earned ratio a better deal than playing silver.

As long as you remember to dodge more if your character can, or take cover more if it can't, you'll do fine.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Homoagogo posted:

I named my Volusguard 'Cannonball.' :3:

Named mine "Magic Hateball".

"Signs point to...you're hosed".

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

SubponticatePoster posted:

Like explosive ammo is poopy, but after almost 200 bullets that's enough explosions to demolish a fully-shielded atlas.

Nope. Only the last round fired in a salvo does the extra 250 (whoopie) damage. So if you unload a hundred round clip from that SMG into an Atlas, the last round fired is the only one to explode. Explosive ammo is useless. Incendiary ammo on the Geth SMG is a good choice, though.

If you don't have the Hurricane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Unclouded posted:

The other thing about LIVE is that you can select their name - mid game - and mute them immediately.

Holy poo poo. You've just made me want to start playing regularly again. The other day I had a host that would not shut the gently caress up. Not for two goddamn seconds. And he sounded like that manic upbeat personal trainer character that Brad Pitt played in Burn After Reading. The entire time he was rattling off "Yeah! Great shot Huntress! Woah, nice flamer work there Geth Trooper! Uh-Oh! Sounds like the Banshees are here...but we can handle it! Hey-hey-hey now people, let's watch the friendly fire. We're supposed to be better than that!" Non-loving-stop.

Most of that's paraphrasing, but the friendly fire and Banshee bits are direct quotes. And it would have been funny if it felt like an act he was putting on, but it didn't. I don't know how to describe it exactly, but it just felt so drat sincere. It went right past funny and into a more creepy forced manic "envision your reality to make it come true" sort of delusional mantra. He very much reminded me of a crazed Scientologist that accosted me once.

• Locked thread