Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Cool, Origin updated and now my friendslist is broken. :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
My Origin friends list is mostly fixed, except there's this one guy who's entirely invisible to me. He's not on my friends list, but I can see him through mutual friends. I can't send him messages, but Origin still counts us as friends so I can't just try to re-friend him, and it spits up an error if I try to unfriend. We're also friends on steam so I've confirmed that he can't see me either. As far as I can tell he's the only person on my list that this has happened to.

:psyduck:

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
So, uh, I guess shockwave is still bugged? Cause it sure as hell wasn't working for me after wave 6 yesterday.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
It's not out on Origin yet. Uuuuuugh why did every game in the universe have to release today and yet this is what I want to play right now???

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Ugh, Collectors are completely bullshit. If you ever get cornered by anything you're doomed because the melee for every single one is a staggerfest. Except abominations, those only blow up in your face. Playing silver Collectors feels like gold, and playing gold feels futile. Ugh.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Does explosive ammo set off techsplosions? I slammed some on my Paladin to test it out but I couldn't tell because there was so much going on everywhere. Maybe I'll test it on bronze next time I get some.

Arcaeris posted:

I'm not a huge fan of the stim pack or whatever power, either. I always forget to use it, and besides the free shield boost it doesn't seem worth putting too many points into.

Look how wrong you are.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Uggghhh I found out why I can never get my pubbie unknown/unknown/gold games to fill up. It's not that there's anything wrong with the servers, it's that everyone's a huge baby and still loving plays white/geth/gold. I inherited a w/g/g lobby from the game I entered midway through, it filled up instantaneously. I'd try making a w/g/g lobby and switching once it was full but then it would be full of huge babies. :smith:

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

I...don't have a job. :blush:

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
My QME's arc grenades didn't count towards the combat mastery grenade damage challenge. :saddowns:

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

LogicNinja posted:

Whoever said silver Collectors feel like Gold was right.

Reapers feel like the easiest enemies now, which is weird. Maybe it's just because loving Dragoons keep dogpiling me on small maps, gently caress those bullshit things.

On the other news, holy poo poo improved Paladin. So much tech bursting. ALL OF THE TECH BURSTING.

Right now I have him specced 6/6/6/4/4. What do people think about going 6/6/6/0/6 to get Cryo Shield? I think the loss of 30% power damage would cripple Energy Drain and general damage output a little too much, even if most of it does come from bursts now...

6/6/6/4/4 is totally great now, but if you must have cryo shield then go 6/4/6/4/6. Incinerate mostly exists to get techsplosions and cryo shield is pretty much the only thing that freezes Phantoms. Personally, I don't think it matters much unless you plan on meleeing all the time.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Hahaha Origin went down and I had to reset my password to get back in. EA :allears:

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

precision posted:

I know how much you love reviving my lame rear end and I'll be on in a bit.

I'm going for the Cerberus nameplate myself, already 1/3 of the way there.

What's the quickest way to get Cryo Blast points? I'm doing explosions and still going super slow. On the plus side, I'm finding that Flamethrower Turret is actually really good now that they've buffed the crap out of it, it just slaughters mooks.

Getting cryo explosions with the Paladin filled up my cryo blast challenge. :shrug:

Edit: paired my Fury with a Krogan Shaman, we ran circles around gold maps just murdering absolutely everything. I personally found the Shaman boring as poo poo to play but my buddy liked it and we certainly made a hell of a good team.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Is it snap freeze, or cryo explosions? I found I was accumulating CB points using SF but at a slower rate, roughly in line with the explosions I was setting off.

Congrats on reading my mind, cause that's what I meant I just didn't write it down in any intelligible way. Cryo explosions from snap freeze will totally get you points for the cryo blast challenge.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Yeah the Krogan Shaman is just another adept who can tank more hits and do more melee damage than normal. All it means is you have to take cover less and can run into shockwave range more easily. Though warp -> heavy melee -> shockwave is pretty amusing to do to geth. How do ya like those staggers now, jerkass robots?

Talon is great on it though.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Vietnamwees posted:

You're probably right since I only played 1 game with the Shaman, and I'm just so used to throwing a shotgun on my Krogan and going to town. Do you guys think that taking the Health/Shield evolutions for the Shaman would be worth it instead of the Rage ones, or not even bother that far and just take the Fitness stuff to level 3?

I've gotten rage on my shaman exactly once out of like 5-6 games.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
I have only ever detonated barrier on accident. Am I missing out on something?

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Houdini posted:

Hurricane VII. :getin: :getin: :getin:

Me too. :smaug:

I'm semisponge on Origin and I have enormous amounts of free time if anyone wants to add me. Also I have a mic so I can yell about praetorians creeping up the rear entry.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

ilikelettuce posted:

Got my Valiant IV. I tried the Black Widow and Widow after the patch, but I'm terrible at sniping and got addicted to the high RoF and log Reload time of the Valiant.

Why does the Hurricane have so much love? I tried it once and quit the match because the recoil was to bad. What classes do you guys use it?

The hurricane isn't for aiming, it's for running up and firing into faces. It's spoiled me for guns that you have to actually stop to aim and fire now. :buddy:

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Ugh, after grinding out the Earth Mastery I've decided I'm just going to play normally and not worry too much about challenges. It sucks all the fun out of the game when I worry about chieves instead of just playing.

And is it just me or did gold get hard again? It's back to being a butt-clenching good time.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
So uhhh...I just had this happen to me.

The waiting for other players thing is normal when the network is being really lovely (and it is today) but what the hell map is that in the background? Am I crazy here or what? I lost connection so I didn't get to see what it was.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

exquisite tea posted:

That looks like the Rio skyline. Alternately, you were teleported to the final Rannoch mission.

Huh, I guess I never noticed the Rio skyline had a waterfall or whatever. Either way I can't play right now because I can't connect to anything. :mad:

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
I think it's that the game is slightly harder and there's a lot of people who don't know how to play because all they've done is geth/gold/white. I'm wiping a lot more often, but when I can get a good group together things still work pretty smoothly. Hell, I played with some goons yesterday on platinum with a geth pulse rifle, a tempest, and a collector smg between us. And we pulled off three full extractions before I had to leave. It does feel harder, but I've stopped getting mad about it I guess. Mostly I just get annoyed at how lovely origin's matchmaking is.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Alteisen posted:

Anyone else having trouble logging on to origin? Keeps giving me an error and logging me in offline mode.

Yup. This happens fairly frequently.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
It's delayed til tomorrow.

quote:

Sorry everyone, there are quite a few changes this week so they need a little bit more testing. We're hoping to get them out tomorrow morning. Below is a little preview of the changes.

- Some composition changes to Geth and Cerberus waves 9, 10, and Extraction on Bronze/Silver.
- Some Geth Hunter and Geth Prime nerfs across all difficulties.
- Some buffs to Drell and the original Turians.
- One of the more highly requested kits is being released...

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

precision posted:

Yep, look at how there are just a few poses used on the Character (not select) screen, often randomly (why does the N7 Shadow have that pose?) And obviously you've got the Quarians and Salarians with the same animations, Batarians and Turians, etc. Not sure where the Shadow's "flip over cover" came from, I guess that was added in just for them.

Shadows are literally Phantoms so it came from them.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Shoot with incendiary ammo --> stim pack --> havoc strike --> heavy melee --> repeat

I skipped cryo blast because I'm a min-maxing jerk.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
I'm waiting to see what the balance changes are but yeah, I'm pretty interested in it.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Felinoid posted:

The thing I'd heard about the Snap Freeze issue was that it centered on the Paladin, which did jack poo poo (though maybe that was regular tech combos set off with Snap Freeze?), and chilled targets can't be cryo exploded. As in it just doesn't explode at all unless they're fully frozen. The combo evolution meanwhile is the thing I thought they fixed. :confused:

Tech combos set off with snap freeze are centered on the Paladin. Cryo explosions work fine on targets chilled by snap freeze. The bonus tech combo damage is still broken as far as I know, but the other evolution is so good who cares.

Asari Valkyrie isn't bad, it's just that it isn't a Fury. Warp cools down too slow to make it Fury levels of kill everything, instead you have to run in, warp, then dodge away. I could see it working well with a powerful gun, and also if you had another biotic to detonate everything. I haven't seen if that works yet though because nobody I know is on right now and getting pubbies to cooperate with you is more trouble than it's worth. Tech armor is just as situational as always and I don't see much point in detonating it from what little I've played. Mostly I'm enjoying the asari dodge and regretting the lack of good heavy melee.

I bet it'd work well with a volus adept. Or a krogan shaman. Yeah.

Semisponge fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 24, 2012

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Psion posted:

hahaha

It's not like Destroyer is super overpowered - I think fight club sandwich might be on to something here. I'm not trading in my copy of ME3 for it :v:

also what class is Asari Valkryie? Adept or Sentinel or what

Sentinel. I had Thoughts about it but that was a whole page ago.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
I'm seriously considering editing the .ini to take out vision filters because hunter vision + flamer is going to be an eye-searing pain, and raging on White hazard loving blows.

Edit: I almost never take cover even on platinum. Put things between me and bullets, yeah, but I mostly take cover in futile efforts to get grab kills. It's way better to be constantly moving around, even if that means getting totally owned out in the open sometimes. It's just way too easy to get snuck up on and it's way harder to run away when you're stuck to something. There's no reason gold should be boring at all ever.

139/250 grab kills. :negative:

Semisponge fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Oct 25, 2012

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

zxqv8 posted:

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/25/operation-valkyrie/

Looks like we get that N7 Assault Rifle I was wondering about a few pages back.

It says 50,000 points now. :confused:

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
The operation's already started? The countdown on the website says there's 5 hours til it starts.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Cool, origin overlay has stopped working and nothing I've tried so far has compelled it to come back. :negative:

edit: turns out my f9 key was jammed in. Neat.

Semisponge fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 28, 2012

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
I had a single day where I got sync-killed by a scion, an atlas, AND a brute. It was like winning the lottery.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Ugh I'm exactly one bronze solo from a Lone Wolf banner and I just can't even summon the effort to do it. It's so tedious.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
They've already acknowledged that scion cannons hit twice, so perhaps that'll be something they can balance out. Should be today, hopefully.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
I just wish possessed enemies were worth more points than regular enemies, but they aren't.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Just a soul-crushing reminder, because I've seen some people mention it, warp ammo only does bonus biotic damage to lifted targets.

Yeah.

Anyway, I escalated the points glitch to a higher plane--I promoted my vanguards, leveled back up to 20 via cards, played two games, logged out, logged back in and found my vanguard back at level 1 with -81 points available. Amazing.'

In other other news, I've played 2500 waves. I need a job.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Mazerunner posted:

In other news I am at 99% for the Collector title, I just need to kill a bunch more abominations and praetorians, uuuuuughghghghggh.

I just need 30,000 more abomination points. uuuugghghghghgg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Mustache Villainy posted:

Are you sure that's not just the Reegar being it's usual self? I've been using that gun a lot lately and it seems to be fantastic at destroying bosses, even Praetorians.

I guess I'll ask: is that kind of the Vorcha's role? Boss killer? I feel like I haven't quite grokked either of the two yet. If I fall under direct fire, I go down pretty fast, even with full stacks of bloodlust (which makes me realize how much I rely on the shield gate to save my rear end, when I spend the majority of the time without one), so I spend a lot of time hiding until the mob is focused on someone else. So I try to flank, but if I'm wrong and their attention shifts, I'm kind of stranded where I fall. I've tried using a few rifles and pistols to keep my distance, but nothing feels as "right" as when I use the Reegar, and basically rely on my teammates to clear trash, but protect them from melee range threats and destroy bosses. Because wow does Shoot->Flame->Tech Combo flatten anything. They just can't be looking at me.

Regular mob --> heavy melee
Shielded mob --> hit briefly with flamer to stagger, heavy melee
Group of mobs --> hit with flamer, fire burst with carnage/lift grenades, heavy melee, finish with reegar or more flamer or more melee
Boss --> use flamer for as long as it's safe, dodge out of the way, fire burst, repeat if necessary, heavy melee

You can't stand out in the open. Dodge and heavy melee a lot to take advantage of damage resistance, use alternate paths to get behind things, don't just jump in the middle of stuff. Also putting range on your flamer gives you way more use out of flamer than the animation would suggest. And did I mention heavy melee? Do that as much as possible. It staggers, does ridiculous damage, repositions you, and gives you damage resistance. Claw everything ever.

• Locked thread