Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:
Who cares about the N7 weapons? Sure, some are good, but none of them is the Piranha or Krysae so who gives a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

I have not been able to connect all weekend. I keep getting that "lost my connection" message after I click Multiplayer on the main screen. It has the loading screen up for seriously 5 minutes and then kicks me back to the main selection screen.

Is anyone else having this problem? I even tried removing and restarting and reverifying everything, and no help there.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

TheDK posted:

I have them forwarded and still get frequent disconnects.

Yeah, I set them to forward, same problem. I'm reinstalling ME3 now.

I never had problems before, and now suddenly I can't even play the singleplayer.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

After not playing because of my can't connect issues, I decided to play again today. Got in a good 10 successful extraction Platinum games with pubs. They were surprisingly not retarded. It took forever to finally get a lobby, though, so since we were all killing it we just stuck with the same group. We all changed classes, though a few times.

As for Atlases, can you still shoot off the knee/arm panels and do more damage that way, or is that gone now?

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

Finally unlocked the Fury, and am liking it. She's so fragile, though, I had some difficulty getting used to her. I decided to put a Scorpion on her and that made poo poo way better.

Also, the Battlefield 3 class is a regular rare now? I didn't really care to unlock it...

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

I got super lucky spending the 1.4 mill I'd saved up: Volus Eng, Turian Ghost, Collector Rifle, Collector SMG, Indra, Javelin, Collector Sniper, Particle Rifle, and Talon. I had all the URs except the new ones and the Indra, but it's nice to get upgrades. Got a bunch of other gold crap too.

Tried the Volus Eng, died a lot. Can't hide in cover, which threw me off. And it seems like everything got a lot harder. Dragoons are a bitch, and Geth Bombers should not be that hard to kill.

I tried to spec the Ghost for ARs like it seems to want you to, and it sucks. You don't have enough shields to shoot long enough to really use the 20 seconds of bonus damage. Switched back to sniper rifles, did fine. The jetpack dodge is pretty sweet.

I'm not a huge fan of the stim pack or whatever power, either. I always forget to use it, and besides the free shield boost it doesn't seem worth putting too many points into.

Generally is fun, though. Nice to see new poo poo but it seems like with the weapon boosts and more tech explosions that the old biotic classes aren't as useful. I'd still roll an Asari Adept for Stasis on Cerberus, maybe, but there's two other classes with the same power that have more versatility these days.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

Marquis de Pyro posted:

This wasn't cool at all :colbert:

I've actually survived the reactor, as a VolusEng I guess I hit the shield boost at the right time because everyone else died? Or does it do a fixed amount of damage? I can't imagine the lovely shields on the Volus matched the Krogan who died, though.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

If anyone wants to do the Slayer/Volus combo I got a Volus and am happy to do it. What's the build people want me to use? I went for Radius, not-cooldown, and DR, so I might need to respec.

Edit: Origin is Arcaeris.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

randombattle posted:

lovely solo challenges. It's not even loving hard just oh what disconnect!

I haven't been disconnecting but after doing Solo Bronze 5 times at 15 minutes-ish each, I just don't have the patience for it. Even if I could get it to 10 minutes that's still 100 minutes total of solo bronze matches. Ugh. At least at Gold there'd be a challenge (because I suck).

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

randombattle posted:

Pro tip the higher difficulty matches count for the lower ones too. Gold solo was a lot of fun with the Krogan vanguard.

If you're not loving with me, this is awesome news. I figured I'd just start at the lowest difficulty and move up. I'm retarded.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

Any tips on soloing Platinum?

I did my 2 Golds on Reactor (hazard) with Geth and it was moderately fun and easy to trap dudes in there either to damage them (doesn't kill poo poo on Gold) or as a shield from fire for a few seconds (for objectives). Went Krogan Vanguard with a Reegar.

On Plat obviously I'm going to encounter enemies that can instantly kill, so maybe the same strat won't work? Any tips for maps?

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

Thanks for the tips, I think the solution to my problems wasn't about the map, it was about the weapon. Turns out the Scorpion III I use on my Fury is really goddamn awesome with Warp ammo to add +Biotic Damage and Armor Weakening to the Kroguard's tool chest.

I'm too lazy to work at any other titles than Lone Wolf, I figure they'll happen when they happen.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

I got a Hurricane V from my pack, but I've never used it. What classes does it work well with? My default weapon these days is always the Scorpion.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

precision posted:

Freaking everyone is a Mathemagician or Biotic God.

Lone Wolf is the only title that guarantees anything other than "I spent a lot of time doing Bronze/Silver missions".

Instead it says "I am only barely competent at using a Krogan Vanguard."

EDIT: As a note I roll Lone Wolf.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

I got a Saber I and a Wraith I in the same pack yesterday, but I have a Harrier IV and Raider X, so do I give a poo poo?

I guess if I wanted to do a sniper Ghost I could roll the saber.

Speaking of Ghost, am I retarded for going 6/6/3/5/6? I feel like those 3 points in Overload are just loving wasted because I rarely use it and I'd rather have another 10% weapon damage.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

I got that Gear that revives everyone around you within 10 meters if you use a Medigel, and it was really useful on my support Volus Eng. I didn't even know it was a thing. I don't think I'd use it on anything else, but it really rounds out the support class if you all like, get mobbed in a hacking round.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

Gangringo posted:

I'm stuck at home with a bad cold, if anyone wants to play some laid-back bronze-silver games with me while I'm loopy on cough syrup my origin name is "Gangringo"

Also home with a cold, poo poo must be going around. I don't mind missing work, though.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

Zoran posted:

Oh, I know it's good, it's just kind of underwhelming to have at X.

Why? I'd love the Scorpion at X, it's my default pistol for any time I use one. Light, doesn't require great aiming, staggers, and actually does good damage. And it makes Phantoms, Guardians, and even Dragoons your bitch without any extra effort.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

Gordon Shumway posted:

Add to that that they wouldn't use any consumables on a Gold match (what the gently caress are they saving them for? Delusions of Platinum?),

I almost never use consumables on a Gold match, because I never need them. Someone called me out on this once with their mic, and I don't have one, so I added like a Warp ammo.

What's the point when I don't need it and if the team really sucks, we're going to lose anyway?

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

Well, I've given up on Gold games. Way too many idiots who can't play.

On another note, I'm very much about Platinum games. Seems like pubs on Platinum are generally awesome, and I had a lot of successful extractions today. Of course there was the level 16 Human Adept with a Phalanx III, N7 score of like 16, and 10 challenge points who started a Platinum lobby... :confused:

Also, I apologize to all the people inviting me to games and me not responding. When I'm in game, I never see the invite, and when I'm not in game, clicking the "join game" button is all kinds of loving problems.

First, it takes 5 minutes just to load the game, and then when I get to the lobby it always gets this error where it can't verify the DLC and so I can't actually play. So I have to close the whole loving thing, reload for 5 more minutes, let it confirm the DLC, and THEN join game, wherein it takes 10 minutes where I'm stuck at a loading screen and never actually join the game. Origin :shobon:

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

Carrasco posted:

Yes, this. I get why they did it from their point of view--they saw the market for that kind of service was undertapped relative to the amount of demand, with Steam being basically the only thing like it in town. But as the consumer I really wish it hadn't happened.

Not to stray too much, but we are entering troubled times as consumers. Businesses saw what Steam and Netflix have accomplished, and now they all want their piece. Origin, whatever the new Microsoft game store is called, etc. are all trying to set up their own services for their own content the same way that the media companies are doing in that space.

In a few years, I figure it'll (hopefully) all sort out where one main service will essentially take over and conglomerate content together (like Netflix and Steam used to be), but the meantime is going to be full of poo poo that's as crappy as Origin or worse. All trying to lock in people to their respective content, and it just sucks for consumers.

EDIT:
The sad part is, if it takes more than a few years, the thing that's going to conglomerate and replace them all is piracy.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

To be fair, Collectors are bullshit. When the game spawns 2 or 3 Scions who immediately become possessed, it's just freaking annoying. Whereas Banshees used to be the big annoying enemy, both Praetorians and Scions have bumped them from the slot.

Why bother when you can just play against Cerberus where the only thing that changed is now you need a guy or two who can deal with dudes who rush you?

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

UnknownMercenary posted:

I don't want to quote myself, but use it with extended mag and AP ammo on a power class and fire the drat thing between casting. If you're using it on gun class you're straight up ignoring what it's there for.

Yeah but on that same power class you could use a Hurricane and have a much better SMG and still no cooldown and more than enough ammo.

I tried using the Collector SMG, it just doesn't do enough damage.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

Psimitry posted:

How are folks doing this?

My N7 score is like 6-700 but I have a few thousand challenge points. Besides, the promote N times challenge, what's the point?

I get a build, I stick with it, and play Gold/Plat games. I figure most other people are the same way.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

I just got an Asari Huntress, how do people spec her? Seems weird to have Warp and Dark Channel on the same class.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

chami posted:

I would suggest a 6/6/6/5/3 Build. I usually go 6/6/6/4/4 for more shields, but in retrospect it seems silly to forgo 15% more damage on a class that has TC for survivability anyway.

Thanks! So what's the playstyle? Should I go power while cloaked, shoot an expose warp or two, then open fire? I feel like I should be using the Asari Sentinel instead if that's how I want to play.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

Yeah, I have to say with the shield gate changes or whatever it's a lot harder to play the Fury the way I used to.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

The point somebody made forever ago about enemy points budget and whatever deserves repeating, as it has totally changed my game.

It's much easier to "carry a team" and be successful in Gold/Plat in general if you move around and kill more choice targets and don't stand there shooting banshees or brutes while 12 marauders come up behind you. Yet 95% of pubbies I see just stand there and shoot the biggest thing in front of them, even if it's slow or easy to avoid.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

Conquistador posted:

I am not sure about pressing the button for the power, what will that do for me when its on CD?

He's already answered but I'm going to clarify again in case someone new's not getting it, because it's a really useful skill.

When you reload, there's lots of extra animation that's not necessary. The animation is like half done when the ammo count goes from 0 to >0, but you still have to watch the next second or two while your dude farts and watches steam come out of his gun.

Or do you?

Once the ammo shows as being loaded, you can do lots of things to cancel the animation so you are not wasting those seconds. In this case, hitting the power button even while it's on cooldown cuts the animation short. You can also press the medigel button, the dodge/cover button (this is especially useful on races like Krogan that don't have a dodge)... a whole shitload of buttons.

This is really important for low ammo guns like sniper rifles and the Claymore because it really ups how often you can shoot.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

Bought two of the "Arsenal" packs today, unlocked Drell Assassin, Geth Trooper, and Vorcha Hunter. Oh, and a disposable Power Modulator IV or whatever it's called.

I thought it was supposed to give weapons.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

We had a Paladin who had the flame shield evolution (which no one does anymore) and he would just hide in a crate in Rio behind his shield. It wasn't even one of the ones with an ammo box, he'd just hide there. I think at the end of the match he had 3k points.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

What weapon do people use on a Geth Trooper? I tried the Hurricane or shotgun but if I'm close, I'm just using Flamer. And I don't find myself shooting very much anyway.

I went with my Harrier and did well, but anyone have any other suggestions?

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

VJeff posted:

As if the fact that it was an "absurdly overpowered auto-include" didn't have something to do with the fact that Geth and Collectors are absolute bullshit and still haven't been balanced in the least since Retaliation came out.

I don't mind Geth, but Collectors are retarded. I can take sustained Cannibal/Marauder fire on Gold while running to/from cover, but literally ONE SECOND outside cover with Collectors and I'm out.

I don't know if it's that possession makes them hit several times harder, or whatever, but it's stupid. And that's nothing comparing Ravagers to Scions, where the latter can utterly destroy you in 2 seconds from anywhere on the map.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

My geth are all XJ-9 and hot pink.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

Nordick posted:

(My Fury's still called Nydia)

My friend named one of his twin daughters Nydia. Is it from like a book or something, or do you both have the same taste in names?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

1st AD posted:

That Killstreak 3 one was ridiculously easy, I got it done on wave 4 of my first Gold match and I still had missiles to spare at extraction.

Same here, but I used a Drell Adept. Totally carried the game for my team, and made me remember both how fun this game can be and how loving badass the Drell Adept is.

• Locked thread