Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Just used the Krysae for the first time in about a month. drat thing got nerfed into uselessness... :(.

The lower rate of fire is really punishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
I've had pretty good success using it with an Asari Justicar. I normally put the stability mod and armor piercing on the mods. Alternately if I have a stability amp, I will put that on and use the extended barrel.

I've been meaning to try it on my recently acquired Destroyer but I've been trying to mess around to see if the Prothean Rifle can be viable or not.

The thing with Assault Rifles is that they really shine with Ammo mods slapped on.

Cryo Ammo + Revenant pretty much freezes or slows everything in your field of view.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Felinoid posted:

Yeah, this combined with the numbers and the multiple requirements make me think they're determined to make us lose this one. No thanks sadists, I'll be off playing singleplayer so I can make everything explode BESIDES my computer. Right after I get up to 100% readiness because I have to have max assets at any point no I don't have a problem stop judging me.

Maybe they are finally going to release the protheans and be done with it!

"A cache of cryogenically frozen protheans has been recovered and thawedand these warriors are ready to kill some reapers."

Bioware, you didn't let me kill Harbinger (gently caress you for that one) just let me play as a Prothean before I put down your series forever!

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Wait... is the Krysae awesome again or does it still have that punishing delay between rounds?

Also, how are the new ammo types? They look great especially explosive.

I really wish ammo wasn't a one time consumable.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

doomfunk posted:

Also, why is there such a disproportionate weight toward rare data? I would've expected they'd seed at least a bit of the DLC characters, as an example, into the uncommon list.

e: I'm apparently in the top 20% of N7 rankings. People really never promote their characters, do they?

Before the challenges there wasn't really much point...

I am having fun and I am playing the game again but I still feel like it's too little too late.

If Borderlands 2 was a 3rd person shooter I'd probably never have come back to ME3. (Don't kill me!)

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Psion posted:

also the Krysae is almost great again. If the N7 Destroyer takes it to a capacity of 4 (I don't know, I just promoted my soldier) or if they tweak the refire delay down just a tiny bit, it'll be worth it again for sure.

The delay is what makes it terrible...

We're going to have to disagree on that point.

Pre delay nerf, that thing was amazing. Post nerf, it stays in the weapons trashcan.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Hanar soldier?! :swoon:

Prothean sentinel? :(

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Anyone tried out the black widow with explosive ammo yet? Does it have that old school Krysae feel?

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

highmodulus posted:

The nerdy:

"There is really not much I can tell you about the game right now, except that it will be built with the amazing technology of Frostbite as its foundation, enhanced by many of the systems that the Dragon Age III team has already spent a lot of time building."

-New engine. Not sure how that will effect MP.

Hopefully no more texture pop in. I wonder if it's still going to be a cover based shooter, perhaps there will be some destructible cover.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
At what point did the engineering classes become the best class, I can reliably score a good 20K more points than I normally average when I use an engineer?

Is it the drones and turrets?

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Houdini posted:

I rarely get any sort of consumable. I usually go into gold matches with nothing but five ammo packs. :negative: I still extract 9/10 times though.

I get weapon and power bonus things but never the ones I want. Ammo IV mods dont exist for me.

I wish they'd bump all ammo up to gold give them one more level and make them non consumable. It's irritating when I want to run my geth engineer and I don't have any cryo ammo or incendiary ammo.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Can the N7 Slayer one shot phantoms on Gold? I did a sword build for the shadow strike and electric strike challenges and oh man, I was murdering everything. I felt a little cheated since I did the challenge for both of them so fast. Electric Slash took less than a single silver game and Shadow Strike took one and a half.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

exquisite tea posted:

Do you mean the N7 Shadow? The answer is yes, if you take all melee damage options in SS/Fitness and equip appropriate gear. They will die from the DoT shortly after the SS.

I did mean Shadow. Sorry about that. As a rule of thumb I've been generally going Armor over barriers (especially since I mainly use tech powers) Any reason to pick the shield damage over armor damage?

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
I meant in general as the choice is presented. Class doesn't matter. In this case yes, that particular choice. But I wasn't really focusing on one class with that question.

Is there ever a reason to select shield damage over armor damage?

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

UnknownMercenary posted:

I'm goihng to sound like a broken record but you should be using AP or warp ammo with the Typhoon. Phasic ammo is pointless when shields and barriers don't reduce the majority of the guy's base damage and the faction you're fighting is 90% armor.

I am going to second this. If you're using Phasic ammo load up a sniper rifle.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Piedmon Sama posted:

I'm trying to level up an infiltrator right now and it is brutal. I'm getting knocked out as much as five times in a match and the only thing that seems to work is shotgun + running away. :(

Try using the N7 Shadow. Great infiltrator.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
How does anyone use the avenger. That gun is terrible. It takes forever to kill anything. I am struggling though this 140,000 point challenge with it.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

UnknownMercenary posted:

Balance changes are being moved to once every 2 weeks, so there's no changes tomorrow.

The beginning of the end?

I expect the changes to end once the last DLC drops, or shortly after that.

Maybe we'll finally get Protheans if there is one more Multiplayer DLC.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
The real question is why didn't they ever add Protheans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Paracelsus posted:

Because James Vega don't need no space magic to get in the way of his shootin', brah. :clint:

In my single player play through, Vega killed Kai Lang or whatever is name is off screen with a carnage.

• Locked thread