Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
The Crusader doesn't let you see Atlases walking around with 15 spikes lodged into their crotch. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
From the few games I played today, it seems Atlases now think they are birds.

The Crusader is pretty good now. Did the ol' force the Phantom power-shield headshot trick and was dropping them like flies from mid-range.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

VJeff posted:

So since Kroguard is the subject of the day, I kinda feel like there's a place for a 6/3/6/5/6 build. I'm thinking about just using a Talon with this guy and that's got me wondering if the Rank 6 evolution of Krogan Battlemaster is at all worth taking.

Granted, using Carnage is time you can just be using either Charging or Meleeing, but I dunno, it could be nice to have in your back pocket against Banshees and the like?

I feel like it's useful enough for 3 points. The cooldown is super short (compared to charge) and it'll stagger dudes for the inevitable shotgun or melee. It's also got a weird curve that hits dudes in cover really easily.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
I'm liking the info displayed on these though. The Great Asari Adept mystery game will be no more.
And I'm assuming the skill points will be a much better indicator of experience than N7 Rating is.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Goddamn Dragoons are some bullshit. It's like a fast Brute with a rapid-fire Phantom gun. And a stomping boot.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

precision posted:

I don't know if this is actually true but Hazard Dagger seems to spawn less enemies than the other maps, plus it forces your party to stick together which cuts down on "dumb pubbies who run to the other side of the map for no reason".

Yeah, I quite like the Hazard maps we have so far. This may be anecdotal but Dagger seems to eliminate the "get 2-shot from across the map by a prime or ravager" syndrome, which is always a plus.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
I recall reading here that Energy Drain only triggers combos when it actually drains shields (or geth). But you should be Snap Freezing at that point in any case. Armor vulnerability gooooo!

Was in the mood for something new so I tried out a Human Soldier with the Raider (with the new damage/armor pen barrel and shredder mod) and the Falcon. Went surprisingly well on Gold. The Falcon staggers everything, and 4 continuous shots from the Raider will leave most bosses in a bad way. If only Frag Grenades weren't so mediocre.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

VJeff posted:

Dicking around with Turian Havoc. Findings:
- Havoc Strike is bad.
- Often forgot to use Cryo Blast. I dunno, I know I should've been doing Cryo Blast into Havoc Strike, but it just felt like it took too much time.
- Havoc Strike isn't good.
- I had to suck down my Stim Packs at a much higher rate than with the Ghost.
- Dying after you use a Stim Pack because of lag is really loving stupid.
- Havoc Strike is bad.

So, yeah. I dunno, has somebody unlocked the secret to this guy yet, cause I'm stumped.

I treat him as a Soldier with mobility. Carry a big gun and use Cryo to weaken. Use Havoc Strike when you're in trouble or need to cross a room quickly. It's got quite a long wind-up and a loooot of invincibility frames, so abuse it to close in on Ravagers and stuff. Just remember that you're not a Vanguard so don't Havoc into a pile of Marauders.

He's still a bit of a delicate flower, though. It's a shame he'll forever be outshined by the Ghost.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Holy poo poo.

Don't go into Rage with a Krogan on Hazard White if you value your eyesight. :pcgaming:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Is it just me or have banshees become hyper aggressive with their grab kills now? I played a few reaper games today and not a round went by containing banshees where I wasn't sucked through corners, pulled down hallways, or simply had one teleport next to me and immediately initiate an execution. I've never had that much trouble with them before but they go straight for the throat now. That, and flinging aoe warps across the map and around multiple corners.

Seems a bit that way. Maybe I'm getting slow, but I've been getting instakilled in gruesome ways the past week. Even 2 Brute-slams in the past two days. But I will soldier on for the Death Guard title.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Tech Bursts are the same as ever, an 'electric' power detonated by any detonator (Throw, Carnage, Overload, etc). Fire explosions are now the same, but with a 'fire' primer (Flamer, Inferno Grenade, etc).

Speaking of Explosions, N7 Paladin with the Range evolution on Snap Freeze is hilarious. I was running around with a Fury buddy last night constantly dropping Cryo Explosions everywhere. I really wonder if Snap Freeze getting an explosion every time is intentional.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

VJeff posted:

Well, I mean. How the hell do you improve on the Salarian Infiltrator?

In terms of gameplay, balance and lore...he's kind of perfect. :v:

They should just pull a Turian and make a Sal Inf with Dodgin' Jets! :black101:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

doomfunk posted:

So the saber. Good for a TGI?

I do pretty well with a Harrier I and a Mattock X on the Ghost, but have trouble with the really high-magnification scopes on some snipers.

Hell yes! Slap on some AR damage consumables and stun lock Atlases in their "oh no one of my armor plates got shot off" animations until they are dead. Cloak is an easy reload-cancel, too.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Elotana posted:

BREAKING NEWS: Turns out cluster grenades' rank 5 lift damage evolution is either bugged or poorly described and applies to any target with biotic effects (most importantly, Reave)

:catstare:

Welp, time to respec my drell!

I feel a bit dumb for not thinking about that after the whole Warp Ammo renaissance, but I guess I was too busy blowing dudes away like everyone else.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
So... the vanilla Human Engineer is kind of a badass. I named/deployed him for the first time this weekend, since I figured everyone else would be using a class with Flamer for the Challenge. Holy poo poo this guy is totally rad. Fire Explosions and 1-shotting Phantom shields e'rry day. His only weakness seems to be the Dragoon bumrush, but I suppose most other classes share that problem right now.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
I usually use it for a quick melee + incinerate Fire Explosion if I can get away with it. Also good for staggering Dragoons and the like. I honestly always forget to use the "block" heavy melee.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Two Finger posted:

Hahahahaha this is literally the worst idea imaginable because the fireteam would all wipe on the first section of the suicide mission, the 'shepard' team doing the run through and open the gates would sprint straight to the end ignoring the heat exchangers leaving your poor GethInf to roast.

Critical Mission Failure, you loving morons.

That said, with some decent players, this would own.

To close the blast doors, Team 2 needs to do this Towers of Hanoi puzzle!

Have fun never completing a public game.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

quote:

Batarian Slasher:5 Warp, Cluster Grenade, Lash
Hot dog! Expose + "lift" bonus damage Grenades = :pcgaming:

Enjoy the closet, Drell Adept, don't mind the skeleton of the Battlefield Soldier.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
The Acolyte is kind of hilariously broken. Oh I just ran into the triple Phantom spawn posse? Take three shots, walk away while putting on sunglasses. If you have any kind of anti-armor power you can basically destroy everything. I've been running my Geth Trooper with just the Acolyte and it's kind of gross how effective it is.

Plus you get those hilarious Rube Goldberg moments when you miss your shot, it bounces off 3 walls, and then it kills a guy.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
My anecdotal evidence is that it works best with characters that can't side-dodge. The key is to make sure you've started into the sprint animation before you start spamming the sprint/pickup/everything button.

I don't find it terribly helpful, though. Maybe on speedruns or Collector Platinum or something.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Just noticed the Collector AR X holds 420 bullets. Sorry, the Harrier kind of sucks now.

Acolyte continues to be amazing. There's a surprising amount of cover that you can shoot under with this thing. Wipe that cyborg smirk right off those Nemesis' faces.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
I had been rocking Cryo armor weakening -> Claymore shot for my Havoc, but then I found out that if you time it right, you can Havoc Strike after firing a Claymore shot, and it'll reload while you're in your invincibility hawk mode. Throw in the Heavy Barrel not adding weight bug & Weapon Synergy on HS, and it's time to wreck some poo poo!

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Sometimes it's me, I'm the dumb pubbie. :smith: If I over-extend and get away from the team in the heat of the moment, and then die in a stupid way, (Biotic Charge lockout, I'm looking at you) I'll insta-gel. If I'm in a safe spot I'll wait it out though. I do find a lot of people who'll just do it every time, though. Gotta get that sick K/D ratio noscope trickshot, bro.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Well drat. I thought the Huntress was going to be garbage when they first announced her way back. But took her for a spin tonight and was melting armored units left and right. :stare: I can only imagine what kind of crazy poo poo you could do with a Piranha, but I've never really liked the feel of that gun.

It's kind of crazy that this DLC has had the Ghost, Geth Trooper, and the Huntress. I wonder if the Marksman & Assassin will stack up with them.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Cometa Rossa posted:

I jumped on the Mass Effect train late and just finished the first one. I ordered 2 and 3 but 3 came first, so while I wait for 2 I kind of want to start playing multiplayer in Mass Effect 3. Am I spoiling anything for myself?

Not story related, but you're going to hate the combat mechanics so, so much if you put much time into ME3 multi. I went back to 2 recently and even though I complain about getting stuck on ME3 cover and stuff, I had forgotten how much progress had been made. Oh god Shepard, I just want you to get out of this cover and move forward, why are you such a clumsy fool!?

Really, it's pretty fun though. Go for it!

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Holy poo poo were you guys right about the Hawk Missile Launcher. I had been strictly 6/0/6/6/6 since the old pre-buff days, but I decided to blow the power reset today. Hot drat, suddenly I'm a headshotting, incendiary ammo-burning Killbot that can just walk forward and murder robots/aliens without breaking stride.

Although the Hawk firing always make me think I'm being shot at. :downs:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Bioware posted:

Acolyte changes
Ffffuuuuuucck

Farewell Acolyte-only Geth Trooper. We had so many beautiful times sleepwalking through Golds together!

The new packs sound cool though, would have been really useful for me a while ago. "No I want an N7 Paladin, not a Krysae III IV and V :argh:"

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

TheDK posted:

Welp, finally got a Destroyer. Took him out for a spin with 0 points in missile launcher and a harrier, seemed to do alright. I don't yet have a typhoon, what other guns are good on this bad boy?

I prefer the Particle Rifle, though that is also an ultra rare. With a capacity mod and incendiary ammo, you can really lay the hurt down on trash and bosses alike. And it's pinpoint accurate, which is my major beef with the Typhoon.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Gotta get my sweet vidya game guns before the world ends!

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Or just max out your Missile Launcher and let the Hydra Missiles sort 'em out. :black101:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Uhhh did they just re-un-nerf the Acolyte charge time? :stare:

Acolyte-only Geth Trooper Firebat rides again!

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Acolyte, Singularity.

Smash on armored dudes.
:getin:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
The only disadvantage to the Hawk Missiles is that sometimes reviving a teammate bugs out and then you'll constantly be dumping missile shots onto your teammates when you look at them.

Other than that it's great for melting fools with your Prothean space laser. :colbert:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Alteisen posted:

So I was gonna ask about the Kishock but never mind with that build.

So I'll ask about the collector sniper rifle instead, I just hit X with it, is it worth a drat?

I've been using it on my Drell Assassin to good effect. Light enough for the odd off-cloak recon mine, and really tears stuff up if you get headshots. Seems to work best with Incendiary Ammo, and pretend you're a baby Destroyer.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Urgh, was this close to not buying any ME3 DLC... but... Wrex... Bioware you assholes, you did this on purpose.

On the multiplayer side, 4 Juggernauts, 4 Typhoons, 1 Glacier. :getin:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Pfft, skimp on Rage for the KroSol. It's heretical I know, but Melee killing even two dudes in a row above gold is pretty rare and you can make up the DR with Fortification. I focus on Power Damage + Grenades and Carnage, for maximum Fire Explosions. If you get reapers, it's time for a 140k+ game. :getin:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Best undocumented addition in Reckoning: new Krogan laughs. They're dead! :black101:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

ForbiddenWonder posted:

Just picked up ME3, about 9 hrs into the story. If I play multiplayer, I won't spoil anything will I? Also which class should I start with in MP? Not sure if the OP is up to date after patches etc

Nah. It will make the single player combat hilarious though. Oh no! One Brute. :allears:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Re: Warlord

I had totally forgotten about the light melee combo from the Bioware stream. It's slow, but feels awesome and hits like a truck. Sounds pretty Krogan-like to me! :black101: Get multiple charges on your hammer and chain right into a heavy melee to crush almost anything in one go! Rah ha ha!

Also desperately trying to get the Cabal to work. Heavy Melee, 1 or 2 light slashes, and then poison strike away seems to work ok. Lead with Blades for more damage & groups. Still struggling to get high scores though. I guess the poison is really poo poo at getting last hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Valiant X.
I guess I should actually use that gun now. :geno:

• Locked thread