Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Splitsider interview about the end of the podcast http://splitsider.com/2016/03/celebrating-ten-years-with-superego/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Holy poo poo I had no idea about any of this until I checked this thread. I somehow didn't even see the new episode.

I think I'm sad about this? Maybe I'll be sadder when I listen to the episode. I don't like being sad.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
To be fair, it's a loving fantastic episode. Howl is only five bucks a month, and even if you listen to podcasts as casually as I do it shouldn't take more than a couple months to listen through the first couple Superego seasons you presumably haven't paid to hear yet, as well as the live stuff and the Forgotten Classics, which are hilarious and should not be overlooked. Superego is a rare and wonderful gift, I think these dudes deserve maybe ten or fifteen bucks of your money.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I have howl and though it has most of super ego, it's missing one. I noticed like season 1 episodes 11 and 12 are missing. What gives?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Waffleopolis posted:

I have howl and though it has most of super ego, it's missing one. I noticed like season 1 episodes 11 and 12 are missing. What gives?

Those are video episodes and they're still on their website for free. Same with the best of compilation episodes for seasons 1 and 2, I believe.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

docbeard posted:

Those are video episodes and they're still on their website for free. Same with the best of compilation episodes for seasons 1 and 2, I believe.

Wow. These suck. :(

I mean it's real early superego but drat.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Waffleopolis posted:

Wow. These suck. :(

I mean it's real early superego but drat.

Yeah, I haven't actually seen them, but I gather there's a reason they stopped doing them pretty quickly.

I've just finished listening to Season 1 in general for (mostly) the first time and there was some stuff I liked but a fair bit of stuff I'm very glad they moved on from.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
For some strange reason, Earwolf has picked up Pistol Shrimps Radio and they actually have a sponsor. This is very silly.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I think that happened as part of consolidating all of Gourley's stuff into Earwolf but the ad was a bit odd.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Glad they found a sponsor. They kept talking about what dire straights they were in.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

They've put the Superego Cinema Alien commentary, featuring John Hurt, Hey Really Giger, and Riiiiiiiiiiiiii(oldmanriver)dely Scotch, up on Howl.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Yeah it's great but I wish they'd drop sync sounds in there. Makes it hard to stop and come back to.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

feedmyleg posted:

Great ep. RIP.

I was kind of disappointed that we didn't get any Giger or Shunt or Roy Cabras (yes, we got like five seconds of Shunt at the end. Doesn't count). I don't think they should have shoehorned any characters in, but still, it makes the "series proper" ending feel all the more abrupt.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't checked it out yet: the Spider-Man 2 commentary on Howl is amazing. It's not like the Empire Strikes Back one at all in that it's more a self-contained story than a commentary track and it doesn't star the filmmakers, but instead a handful of teenagers at a birthday party. You definitely don't have to watch the movie along with it.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
That sounds incredible. Also I'm seeing the Brooklyn show this Friday wooooo

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Same :cool:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
The Earwolf Presents feed has an Alien commentary featuring HR Geiger, John Hurt and Ridley Scott. It's pretty great, especially if you're a fan of Matt Gourley snorting with laughter.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://vimeo.com/192733922
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-50th-episode-squib-spectacular/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Nov 24, 2016

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Fil5000 posted:

The Earwolf Presents feed has an Alien commentary featuring HR Geiger, John Hurt and Ridley Scott. It's pretty great, especially if you're a fan of Matt Gourley snorting with laughter.

All their commentaries have been great. I especially like the Spiderman 2 one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Yes. Hell yes.

• Locked thread