Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

New episode is up! :supaburn:

I wish Tom Lennon was in everything all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I wish Tom Lennon was in everything all the time.

I'll second that. He's a great podcast guest and a god damned natural on this Superego.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I think I could've listened to that scene in the car with the parking ticket go on for another few hours at least.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
The worst thing about Superego releases is remembering how much I love the podcast, then remembering I'll have to wait another few months for the next one :sigh:

Oh well, I guess that's a pretty low price to pay for amazing, free comedy.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

I think I could've listened to that scene in the car with the parking ticket go on for another few hours at least.

Definitely, this scene was amazing. They need more stuff like this and less brown squadron. Great episode.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

If you don't listen past the credits, first of all you should, and second of all they said to stay subscribed so I'm guessing there's going to be extra stuff between now and the possible fourth season. Like I mentioned earlier, they said they have all their live shows recorded so I imagine at some point they'll release some of them. They said the only thing keeping them from releasing them is the audio isn't up to their standards.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Man after listening to the Best of Season 3 they just released, I've realised that I really need to re-listen to old episodes. So good.

'Aaaand musical gwest, A Tribe Called Kest!'

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
The Journymen's album Mount Us More comes out next week.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

There's a new live episode out! ...But you have to pay for it. :negative:

I would have no problem giving them all my money except for the fact that all my money amounts to approximately $0.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
For everyone who misses Superego check out Matt Gourley's James Bond podcast, James Bonding. He busts out his British impression often.

Also they've got a few sketches on adultswim.com and are developing a tv show there.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Fezz posted:

For everyone who misses Superego check out Matt Gourley's James Bond podcast, James Bonding. He busts out his British impression often.

Also they've got a few sketches on adultswim.com and are developing a tv show there.

Misses superego? Have they ended it now? I just earlier realised I've not heard any in a while.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Season 3 is over, and who knows when/if season 4 is coming.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
http://m.deadline.com/2013/11/fox-buys-comedy-from-amanda-lund-matt-gourley-jack-black-diablo-cody/

This may explain the lack of Superego lately. Though I don't know what Jeremy has been doing lately.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I think I read in another thread that there might be a superego tour and that would generate new content but that it would be pay stuff. Is that right, how much pay stuff has superego done so far, I only got the free podcasts.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

They've put seasons 1&2 behind a pay wall, and they've already released one live episode that you had to pay for. Unfortunately I haven't heard that episode because I have 0 money. I did downloaded all of season 2 before they started charging for it though.

Livestock
Jan 22, 2001

TOO SEXY FOR DEMOCRACY

Crankit posted:

I think I read in another thread that there might be a superego tour and that would generate new content but that it would be pay stuff. Is that right, how much pay stuff has superego done so far, I only got the free podcasts.

I saw them live last week and they said they were "slowly putting new stuff together" or something like that. Like super early stages, from the way it sounded. I'm guessing nothing soon.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Livestock posted:

I saw them live last week and they said they were "slowly putting new stuff together" or something like that. Like super early stages, from the way it sounded. I'm guessing nothing soon.

It seems like Gourley at least is really busy with other stuff right now. Lots of podcasts plus that TV show he's working on.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I posted that. I forgot which podcast it was (CBB?) but during the plugs PFT mentioned he and Superego are going on tour this Summer.

Haven't seen/heard anything else since then.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Seems like this show has for all intents and purposes been replaced by the Andy Daly podcast so, y'know, check that out.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I just figured out through my plays on last.fm that I've spent over 11 days of my life listening to Superego. And I still listen to it all the time. I have a playlist with all of seasons 2 and 3 and I hit random and listen to it in the background for hours. I couldn't do that with any other podcast I think. It helps that Superego is split up into individual scenes.

Welp, just wanted to save this thread from the archives. Maybe someday we'll get new episodes...

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I just listened to superego for the first time yesterday. How come none of you ever told me about this? I feel good with blaming this on you.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

I just listened to superego for the first time yesterday. How come none of you ever told me about this? I feel good with blaming this on you.

I feel like there's not really any better way for me to declare my endorsement of a show than to make a thread for it. I mean, without spending the money to skywrite "LISTEN TO SUPEREGO" in every major city or buy an ad during the superbowl or someshit.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

without spending the money to skywrite "LISTEN TO SUPEREGO" in every major city

skip the middle man and just register a cloud at Rodney Morelli's.

CLOOOOOOOOUDS!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

urk the quack posted:

skip the middle man and just register a cloud at Rodney Morelli's.

CLOOOOOOOOUDS!

We have clouds over in god's queen country, only they're called "clodes".

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I feel like there's not really any better way for me to declare my endorsement of a show than to make a thread for it. I mean, without spending the money to skywrite "LISTEN TO SUPEREGO" in every major city or buy an ad during the superbowl or someshit.

Moonthoughts

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Shirts off and deeeep breaths.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

which season should I buy? 2 or 1?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Not having heard season 1 outside of the best of episodes I'd say go with season 2.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I haven't listened to any of season 1, but season 2 is pretty solid. It starts off a little weak so I kind of think season 1 would be the same. That's why I've never bought it.

The show just keeps getting better and better as time goes on, which is why it sucks so much that the show is on indefinite hiatus. The last episode of s3 (not the best of) was pretty amazing. ANDERSON COOPER'S MANDARIN POOPER.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I don't know what it is but Dr. Matt Gourley, PYT busses my whole poo poo up

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

If anyone is somehow not listening to the James Bonding podcast, the most recent one has a fair chunk in the middle with Matt Gourley talking about his early career and it's pretty great. Also the latest Andy Daly podcast has him pronouncing Spider-man in that Superego way which made me very happy.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Politicalrancor posted:

which season should I buy? 2 or 1?

Own 'em both. You won't miss anything going with 2 first, and it's way more polished than 1 (surprise).

Save season 1 for when you've burned through the other episodes a bajillion times each and want more. Buy season 2 to have more of the same great stuff.

Buy the premium eps when you have enough cash to justify a couple of bucks for a single ~40 minute episode. A great episode, but still just one.

Buy the second opinions because you're an obsessive weirdo with cash to burn (I wouldn't recommend anyone else buy these).

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

will you be a vessel?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I'm a woman

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Riptor posted:

I'm a woman

In this town, it's very hard to tell.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Riptor posted:

I'm a woman

BINGrid. My dear wife Bingrid, why did you leave me?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

BINGrid. My dear wife Bingrid, why did you leave me?

Ron, I think you're a ghost.

Prove you're alive by jumping out the window.

Prove you're alive, murderer!

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

you seen that movie

you seen that movie wha's called praydayder

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Reformed Pissboy posted:

you seen that movie

you seen that movie wha's called praydayder

You empty em dreamcatchers?

---

You seen my website for Christian singles? Pray dater?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Ron, I think you're a ghost.

Prove you're alive by jumping out the window.

Prove you're alive, murderer!

Coward!

• Locked thread