Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

sweeperbravo posted:

Just give the customer what they asked for and stop giving a poo poo

Giving a customer something they've just told you they're allergic to is a bad, bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

"Are the Jalapeño poppers spicy?" is such a reasonable question too. There could be other spices or something. The author is the bitchiest, fictional server.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

FrozenVent posted:

Giving a customer something they've just told you they're allergic to is a bad, bad idea.

This is true but the story is also STDH

Also, I might be wrong, but isn't gluten allergy not deadly the way that, say, a peanut allergy could be? I thought it was more along the lines of lactose intolerance where you have bad problems but you're not gonna need an epi-pen or something for it.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

sweeperbravo posted:

Also, I might be wrong, but isn't gluten allergy not deadly the way that, say, a peanut allergy could be? I thought it was more along the lines of lactose intolerance where you have bad problems but you're not gonna need an epi-pen or something for it.

Gluten intolerance won't kill you. A wheat allergy will (if you react badly enough). Whole bunch of dumb people get them mixed up, like the STDH author did.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

FrozenVent posted:

If she was actually allergic, she wouldn't be such a huge fan of bread.

Gluten intolerance is 99% made-up fad diet bullshit anyway, hth.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

this is incredibly stupid, and also they make gluten-free bread

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

sweeperbravo posted:

Unless you're a doctor who's moonlighting as a waiter and have excellent malpractice insurance, if a customer tells you they have a deadly allergy to tap water, you should assume they indeed have a deadly allergy to tap water.

Even if you just make them sick, they can cause no small amount of problem, and it's not the service staff's place to decide whether someone's ailments are bullshit or not.

But yeah the story didn't happen.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

corn in the bible posted:

this is incredibly stupid, and also they make gluten-free bread

Which is dry and crumbly and generally sucks. Being married to someone with Celiac means never having to say "I'd like a large pizza" ever again.

The reaction to gluten is harsh. Within a few minutes, it's violent diarrhea followed by hours of agonizing cramps. All over enough gluten to fill this O.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Khazar-khum posted:

Which is dry and crumbly and generally sucks.

I've had some really good gluten free bread. A guy at my church bakes it for communion and it's loving delicious.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Nth Doctor posted:

I've had some really good gluten free bread. A guy at my church bakes it for communion and it's loving delicious.

Great, now I need to make a stdh story about some edgy teenager replacing communion wafers with pork rinds - zxe can calmly point out to the raging cultist priest that that pork is closer to the flesh of a human (also known as longpig :smuggo:) and is a healthier gluten free alternative

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

sweeperbravo posted:

As described as my family with celiac,

Short term: simple "holy poo poo my anus won't stop. ah gently caress my gut hurts."

Long term: your bowels degrade to the point of not absorbing nutrients.

But yeah, most "gluten intolerance" seems to be fueled by myth.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Such is the delicate balance between what we crave, and what we fear - between wheat and its byproducts.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Sincere apologies for my dismissiveness.

Either way I think this

walrusman posted:

If she was actually allergic, she wouldn't be such a huge fan of bread.
was really the idea that caused my intiial flippant response. I mean, if the story had really happened.

But now I know more about medical problems! Brain get bigger!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Stairs posted:

Today I went to PetSmart with my 16 year old daughter, who was wearing an Adventure Time shirt. The cashier was a teenager and very adorable and also very friendly with her and complimented her shirt, which of course caused my very lesbian daughter to initiate a conversation with her. Then the cashier said "If you like Adventure Time then you must know what this is" and pulled up her u inform shirt to reveal a black shirt with a funny icon on it. My daughter said "Is that a Sagittarius symbol?" much to the cashier's chagrin. Then I made a mistake...

I said "No, that's Homestuck."

The cashier stared at me, mouth agape, and began what turned out to be a 10 minute ramble about Homestuck. She told us all about how she cosplays as (I think she said) Orion and how he has a broken horn or someshit. She was almost bouncing with joy that I, a 35 year old woman, knew about her fandom. She asked me how I knew about it and I told her that I'm a member of a forum that makes fun of Homestuck a lot, and it didn't phase her. She kept going. But the oddest thing was that every 30 seconds or so, as me and my kid kept inching toward the door, she'd pull her u inform shirt up to reveal that drat shirt again. Over and over she semi-flashed us to the tune of Crazy and I kept wondering when the manager would come out and ask her why she was doing that. Finally another customer came up and we were able to detach ourselves.

All my daughter could say is that she wished the girl had accidentally pulled up the wrong shirt.
All I could say was that I was glad she didn't start talking about her Fursona (she does work at a pet store after all.)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

But....it WOULD have been the Sagittarius symbol. She's technically not wrong! Homestuck didn't invent those symbols!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Thanks god I can shop at Petco.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
"My very lesbian daughter" gives this one away.

"Hey everyone, this is my very lesbian daughter!"

Also 35 year old with a 16 year old daughter? She would have had to been 15 when she gave birth meaning she got knocked up at the earliest at 14. Which isn't entirely unbelievable but just seems odd..
She'd be 19.

Also what probably happened was girl at counter was wearing a t-shirt that the writer insisted was homestuck related until new customer approached check out whilst daughter distances herself from embarrassing situation.

Facepalm Ranger has a new favorite as of 05:51 on Apr 26, 2014

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Facepalm Ranger posted:

"My very lesbian daughter" gives this one away.

"Hey everyone, this is my very lesbian daughter!"

My Very Lesbian Daughter Just Served Us Nine [Pies]

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

sweeperbravo posted:

My Very Lesbian Daughter Just Served Us Nine [Pies]

My very Lesbian Daughter Enjoys [Sports]

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Facepalm Ranger posted:

Also 35 year old with a 16 year old daughter? She would have had to been 15 when she gave birth meaning she got knocked up at the earliest at 14. Which isn't entirely unbelievable but just seems odd..

35 - 16 is 19, not 15.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Facepalm Ranger posted:

Nah, she would have been 19, which while still a teen pregnancy, is more reasonable.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Nah, she would have been 19, which while still a teen pregnancy, is more reasonable.

Also consider the possiblity of step-parents

But don't really, because it's still STDH and would have included some harping moral therewise relevant

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

My maths in bad...

STDH; My maths.

Facepalm Ranger has a new favorite as of 06:09 on Apr 26, 2014

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Also consider: shed lying about her age.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

SpookyLizard posted:

Also consider: shed lying about her age.

Is that like The Gazebo Story, some dungeon and dragons STDH?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Pidmon posted:

Is that like The Gazebo Story, some dungeon and dragons STDH?

You can't trust sheds and gazebos. Garages, now, they're hard working, good guys. Maybe the customers in this story need one.

quote:

Needs To Pour Oil Over Troubled Water
Convenience Store | LA, USA | Bigotry, Extra Stupid, Technology, Transportation

Customer: “I need to know where the motor oil is.”

(I tell her, but she comes back to the counter with a bottle of transmission fluid.)

Me: “Ma’am, that’s not oil. It’s transmission fluid.”

Customer: “What do you know about it? You’re a girl. Just ring me up.”

(I ring her up. She pays and goes outside, pops the hood of her car, and gets on the phone. Two minutes later, she’s back.)

Customer: “I needed oil. You sold me the wrong thing. I need to exchange this.”

Me: “Okay. Do you need some help? It’s slow. I can do this for you.”

Customer: “What, do you think you know about cars? I’m on the phone with my husband and he knows more about it than you do. Just do the d*** exchange so I can get some oil.”

(I do the exchange. She comes back up with oil.)

Me: “Ma’am, that’s 50 weight. You don’t want that, you want 40 weight.”

Customer: “This is what my husband said to get.”

Me: “Oookay. Are you sure you wouldn’t like me to help?”

Customer: “No. You’re a girl and you don’t know what you’re talking about. My husband works for [Company] and he knows way more about it than some clerk!”

Me: “Well, maybe he does, Ma’am, but he’s not here.”

Customer: “Just ring me up.”

Me: “Okay, if you’re sure you don’t need help.”

Customer: “I don’t need your help.”

Me: “Yes, Ma’am. You have a nice day, now.”

Customer: “Whatever.”

(I watch through the front window as she went back to her SUV and smugly poured her oil… into her radiator. I wonder what her husband said when her engine blew up halfway across the causeway.)

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

Khazar-khum posted:

You can't trust sheds and gazebos. Garages, now, they're hard working, good guys. Maybe the customers in this story need one.

Never met a garage I couldn't trust.

That tale of cashier fuckery is pretty good but again all the cues eg: insert [company] name here, smug/calm/collected/robotic almost writer. Horrible explosion with no reaction from writer.

What is wrong with these people's lives that they have to fabricate these stories. I think I might try my hand at writing a believable STDH after reading so many here.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Also if she actually did know about oil, she would be saying "you don't want 50w10, you want 40w10" (for example). If you only talk about the cold weight, you're only talking about 10% of it's usefulness, and in LA where there's not really a cold season, the cold viscosity would be less useful than the hot viscosity.

But I'm sure the customer picked up the big 1L bottle with the long neck that said "Transmission Fluid" in big letters and not the 1-5L fat, stubby, bottle that said "Engine Oil" in big letters.

Rudager has a new favorite as of 09:28 on Apr 27, 2014

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Rudager posted:

But I'm sure the customer picked up the big 1L bottle with the long neck that said "Transmission Fluid" in big letters and not the 1-5L fat, stubby, bottle that said "Engine Oil" in big letters.

Sure it did, but the customer in the story is a girl, and clearly girls don't know anything about cars :biotruths:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Rudager posted:

In the US they're quart bottles (or 5qt jugs) that are identical except for the labels. Sometimes the transmission fluid bottles are red, but not always.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Man, I should adapt a 'poo poo that did happen' into a 'poo poo that didn't...'. That oil story reminded me of when I was working in the Zellers (it was like Target but Canadian) restaurant, some old guy in a motorized wheelchair fell over, spilling all of his food. I left the cash register, helped him up, made sure he was ok, and went back to the register. A woman who was waiting there, as I was ringing her up, said to me 'if you were my employee, I would have fired you.' I guess she had been waiting for a bit?

In fairytale land, I would immediately have a brilliant and mentally disarming reply that not only puts her in her place, but causes her to rethink her entire life.

In reality, my face turned red, I stayed silent and got mad about it later.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Man, I should adapt a 'poo poo that did happen' into a 'poo poo that didn't...'.

Did the old man and you get married later? Did anyone clap?

Oh here:

After I returned to the register the woman muttered under her breath "If you were my employee I would have fired you".

I quipped back, "ma'am I'm sorry but that customer needed my assistance and it was very important I help him"

Customer: "oh yeah why so important?"

The customer didn't notice but the older gentleman had wheeled to our conversation and told her "because I OWN this storeresturant! Now get out before I call the police!"

She left fuming, everyone in the store applauded, and I hosed the old man for an hour. We've been married for 12 years now. :)

KiddieGrinder has a new favorite as of 14:52 on Apr 27, 2014

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
And that man... was Stephen Hawking.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Haha, those are wonderful. Seriously though, when the guy fell over, there was a HUGE crash, food everywhere, and the guy was shaken and upset. Being someone who cared about customers, I and my coworkers rushed over to help the dude. Why/how could I get fired for that?

Me: (super calm, like you don't even know) Madame, I'm simply doing my duty and helping an unfortunate customer. Did you walk to the register? Did you eat your breakfast this morning without issue? Do you ever need to rely on someone else to do basic things?

Her: (quite obviously taken aback) I... Uhhh... Wha...

Me: (still calm like a motherfucker) I can tell from your lack of response that you didn't do or need any of those things, hmm? I suggest that either you leave now, or publicly apologise to me right now.

Her: I'm so sorry, you're absolutely right. Please take my hand in marriage.

All the other customers and coworkers stood up and applauded (even the guy in the wheelchair got up, which was awesome)

She and I have sex now, like all the time. Her legs get tired afterwards and she can't walk for a while, and we both joke about the irony in that. High fives all around!

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Man, I should adapt a 'poo poo that did happen' into a 'poo poo that didn't...'. That oil story reminded me of when I was working in the Zellers (it was like Target but Canadian) restaurant, some old guy in a motorized wheelchair fell over, spilling all of his food. I left the cash register, helped him up, made sure he was ok, and went back to the register. A woman who was waiting there, as I was ringing her up, said to me 'if you were my employee, I would have fired you.' I guess she had been waiting for a bit?

In fairytale land, I would immediately have a brilliant and mentally disarming reply that not only puts her in her place, but causes her to rethink her entire life.

In reality, my face turned red, I stayed silent and got mad about it later.

"Madam, if you were my employer, I would quit"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

It's the general consensus over the years that this is the Oscar Wilde answer.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.
That was Churchill :britain:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

dregan posted:

"Madam, if you were my employer, I would quit"

OH my god.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

This is at the top of /r/Seduction along with "How to be less of a 'nice guy'" today. NSFW text near the end.

quote:

HELLO Reddit do I have a loving story for you guys. Let me back up to the first meeting so I can clear things up for you guys. I live in the on 42nd street. Here is what the entrance of the building I live in looks like: two doors. One from outside to inside and another from inside to elevator room. The ladies walked as I was right behind them and they were talking and walking slow. As they approached the door they were about 2 feet away from it I was about 1 foot away from it ( I take big steps) I said " let me get that for you " and grab the door and held it open for them. D - first letter of her name- responds with a wow what a gentleman thank you! And her friend A, responds with a who knew they still exist. D is Colombian and Italian.. A is pure Colombian. Both are equally hot ( which is where I had a problem that I'll explain in a bit. Now we are where the elevators are and I responded to their gentleman crap with a " it's a lucky night for you then " and D laughs and asks if I live in this building since she's never seen me before. I respond with I just moved here but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing you more often. She giggles ( notice how I'm not giving A attention it was an accident, I forgot that there were two hot Girls ) we talk for about 30 more seconds I get both names and ages and apt# D realized im on floor 55 she's on 58 and offers me up for a loving drink. This is where my story ended on the previous post. I accept her offer and tell her I'll be up in a bit. I just got out the gym I gotta poo poo shower shave....

Initial Advice: Although I didn't see the girls faces as I got ahead of them when walking, I still held the door, and they ended up being hot and I got a
conversation and an invite. Be a gentleman at all times idc how unoriginal it is.

When I got D and A's name I asked for their names first and held out my hand. I didn't do a man handshake I put my four fingers under each girls( separately) and for a second just lightly brushed my thumb on top of their four finger, both smiled when I did this.

Show loving time: 30 minutes later I'll try to recall as much as I can from this night, I was way too excited but held it in until sexy time ( borat voice) Two beautiful girls, one loving guy. I walk into her apartment and tell both of them as they greet me "tonight's source of entertainment is here"

Her apartment has a mini bar in it so we begin to drink and make small talk. D has curly hair and I have a thing for girls with curly hair and A had straight hair, both equally hot but I was attracted to D more. This lead to a small difficulty which gave me a benefit after. Me and D talked and drank for most of the night I of course included A in 75% of the time. We went from conversations about schools ( they both graduated ) about life, to conversations about sex. I of course tease D the owner of the apartment about her inviting random guys over. They both have tattoos which allows for easy kino. I of course provide other kino as we danced for a bit ( half assed drunk way) and I hugged them both as I came in.

A not getting enough attention from me before tries to justify her worthiness on the topic of sex. She starts telling me insane stories and shows me how flexible she is. I get turned on at this point. A gets up from the floor and asks me if I've ever seen something like that before and the convo goes as Me: that's nice, but it's all about what goes down in the bedroom"

D laughing : "don't be a heartbreaker there's only one of you and two of us.

Me: ( I'm feeling really comfortable in this environment not the 2 girls one guy environment but the previous conversations we had were on quite the emotional level) Barney said it best sharing is caring.

A and D are are next to each other they look at each other and just smile. I'm about 3 steps away from both of them and the bedroom is like 2 feet away from me. A takes the initiative as I walk closer to her and kinda grabs my shirt in a rough but sexual way and kisses me, D starts taking off my pants ( in a half drunk rear end way) ... We killed a bottle of Grants whiskey and I was so loving horny. We end up on the king sized bed pretty quickly. It was hard for me to address both girls simultaneously I won't lie. It was quite difficult but I got the hang of it 2-3 minutes in. There was a lot of head and making out, even between the girls. As weird as it sounds they were like making out on my penis you could say. I brought condoms of course and I lasted for about 6-7 minutes of pure sex but I was able to get hard again ( thank you alcohol ) pretty quick it was weird and hosed the living brains out of A , indeed she was loving flexible. What worked the best was while I hosed one I kissed and fingered the other. The head was amazing towards the end my god. We were so drunk we ended up just falling asleep after about an hour of kissing, oral sex, fingering and loving. I woke up at 5 am to about a gazillion text messages from my family asking me where the hell am I. I forgot I had a family dinner. So I did mess up there. Overall it was a night to cherish/ never forget and I honestly wouldnt be able to do it without you guys on seddit. I seriously opened about 7 sets on my way to get breakfast for the ladies. When I came back and we ate and talked some more about how unforgettable the night would be, they refused to give me their numbers which got me at first. They told me they talked about it as I left and want to remember this moment without any later screw ups. They continued to tell me how last night was one of their greatest nights ( I'm here like poo poo My dick won't be up for another month ) On my way out though D told me A was just a friend and lives in Brooklyn, and that D owns the apartment which I alrsady knew ( she knew where most of the poo poo in the apt was) She told me I can come up for " a drink " as she puts it in quotes any time I want. I kiss her and tell her " you better be very thirsty for the months to come". I found me a FWB.
Overall advice: I was phased by both women and just me so it was scary at first but I didn't show it. I gave D about 60% of the attention and A 40%. This worked well in my favor as A kinda brought up most of the sex stuff I guess to prove her worth to me. I could feel her stare at me when I would talk to D.

Take every chance you can loving get idc if the female is ugly or not, Try to make them smile by holding a door or offering some help. Even if the women you're doing it for doesn't see, chances are other women will.

Make the girl laugh, I realized the whole night D and A were laughing even while we were dancing. It helped ease the mood of me being a stranger and the emotional conversations helped build RAPPORT. College girls are down for bullshit but not bullshit conversations about little kid poo poo. We talked about emotionally vehement things it was quite amazing.

I'm exhausted right now and I have to once again shower. I wrote this as fast as I could and I'm hung over so if there's any problem let me know I'll be more then glad to clear it up.

I love you seddit, bros and family members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

and then we got married actually we became gently caress buddies which is totally better and then A clapped while doing a handstand because she was really flexible

• Locked thread