Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dear Penthouse,

I never thought it would happen to me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

tumblr posted:

once my sister got rejected for a job at a web design company that she really wanted to work for so that night she hacked into their website and redirected it to her blog and the next day the CEO called her and hired her on the spot so moral of the story: if at first you don’t succeed, hack their website and make them beg for mercy

:rolleyes:

effervescible has a new favorite as of 21:16 on Apr 27, 2014

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

"If at first you don't succeed, commit a felony and they will be sure to give you the job of your dreams when you get out of jail in five years!"

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

quote:

I was able to get hard again ( thank you alcohol ) pretty quick

Not sure it works that way, buddy.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

hallo spacedog posted:

I would guess he heard the term "whiskey dick" and thought it meant something completely different.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

sharktamer posted:

The worst thing about that tumblr screenshot is the "I LOVE SCIENCE" poo poo. These people post screenshots of explosions and galaxies with huge "SCIENCE RAWKS" captions, despite not giving a poo poo about the (admittedly drier) details. In reality, they don't love science at all, that's the real stdh right there.
The funny thing is any people I know who constantly talk about, "I LOVE SCIENCE/SCIENCE ROCKS!" on their Facebook are usually the biggest slackers/drop-outs I've ever known. I'm really convinced that they keep on spouting it in an attempt to make up for the fact that they actually know very little about science.

Heck, the smartest people I know don't go on harping about "SCIENCE FTW" because they're too busy working on some big, amazing projects.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

hallo spacedog posted:

He made no mention of the Danger Zone after he came. Obvious virgin.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

melon cat posted:

The funny thing is any people I know who constantly talk about, "I LOVE SCIENCE/SCIENCE ROCKS!" on their Facebook are usually the biggest slackers/drop-outs I've ever known. I'm really convinced that they keep on spouting it in an attempt to make up for the fact that they actually know very little about science.

Heck, the smartest people I know don't go on harping about "SCIENCE FTW" because they're too busy working on some big, amazing projects.

Don't you know? Science begins and ends with Bill Nye.

(Not that I can blame them too much for that :swoon:)

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
From the front page of imgur: http://imgur.com/gallery/xiGGi

quote:

These are fun to share, so here you go!

It's just another boring day at work, laying out panties and re-hanging bras and poo poo. Nothin' special happening.

Then this woman, who I swear to GOD, is the Mom from Mean Girls (like, 45, wearing Apple Bottoms, belly with Playboy belly ring hanging out, Juicy track jacket on, lots of fake tanner) and her daughter (probably 15-16) walk up to my counter. The daughter is definitely a nerd: random faded dyed hair, choker, Totoro shirt, faded jeans, Converse. My kind of teenager.

She looks at me and says "My daughter wants to get big girl underwear. She wants some sexy bras and panties like Mommy." The girl and I both look at each other, trying not to laugh, and I can tell the girl is sooo uncomfortable. I tell her we have lots of choices, and she's free to look around.
And then she goes on to pick up some thongs, hold them up to her daughter, and does the same with bras. Her daughter goes "mom..." like "Dude, mom. Stop it." And then she proceeds to yank up her OWN thong, and show it to me. It had once been white, but was covered in fake tanner. "One like this! I want her to match with Mommy!"

And then, as loud as she can, she goes on to tell her daughter "she's never gonna get dick if she doesn't learn to be sexy". This girl is mortified. Everyone in the area is looking at them. So, I approach the two of them, and nicely ask the mother to keep her voice down if she's going to use that kind of language, or I'd have to ask them to leave. She apologizes and laughs, and agrees to be more quiet. The girl looks at me, and mouths "thank you".

But, not ten minutes later, she's right back at it. Loudly talking about how she's too old to be a virgin, and that she needs to get a man. It's incredibly irritating, and both the girl and I are approaching our boiling points. When suddenly:

"MOM, I'M A LESBIAN!" she shouts, and her mom stops. Like a deer in headlights, she drops the bra she was holding, looks at her daughter, looks at me, and then puts her head down and walks out of the department. The girl sighs, and you can tell she's relieved. Meanwhile, the other four or five women in the area quietly clap for her. She follows her mom out of the store. I hope it ended well for her. She was a nice girl. PART 3: http://imgur.com/gallery/5fgoj

It has everything but the "and that girl was..." and "...we/they have been going out for X years".
Seriously, it was halfway believable until the loving clapping!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Am I the only one who shivered a bit when they read "My kind of teenager"?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
But how lesbian was she? VERY lesbian?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Those Eric Carle books are getting pretty out there.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The most inaccurate part of the whole thing was saying a girl has to be sexy to get dick.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

bringmyfishback posted:

But how lesbian was she? VERY lesbian?

This is relevant to my interest, I can't invest in these characters unless I know how lesbian they are.

What is with the clapping though?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

oldpainless posted:

The most inaccurate part of the whole thing was saying a girl has to be sexy to get dick.

Yeah but...drama club dick? Brony convention dick? I would want my daughter to aim for a higher caliber of dick.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

walrusman posted:

Yeah but...drama club dick? Brony convention dick? I would want my daughter to aim for a higher caliber of dick.

Better than..incest dick?

quote:

Like A Dog After A Bone
Grocery Store | USA | At The Checkout, Bizarre, Pets & Animals, Themed Giveaway

(It’s about half an hour before closing time on a Saturday, which is jokingly referred to by the employees as ‘the creeper hour’ because of all the strange customers we get during that time. However, this night has been relatively slow and weird-free. Customer #1, a man, comes to my line and sets down two cartons of ice cream.)

Me: “How are you today?”

Customer #1: “Fine, thanks. My dog wanted to go for a ride, so I thought I’d reward myself for listening to him.”

(I kind of laugh with the customer and ring through his order. After he pays, he still stands at my register, staring at me.)

Me: “Can I help you with anything else?”

Customer #1: “My dog is a real little dog. It’s probably tearing up my car right now. I can never get him to settle down.”

Me: “Yeah, smaller dogs tend to have more energy.”

Customer #1: “It’s because his parents are siblings.”

Me: “Oh…”

Customer #1: “I had the brother and sister dogs and they got together somehow. Had four puppies. One was born with heart problems and died. I gave two away.”

Me: *trying to not cringe* “Okay…”

Customer #1: “I don’t know how they did it. I don’t know why they did it. Why do brother and sister dogs f***? I caught them once. I couldn’t get the brother dog off his sister. You just never forget those kinds of things.”

Me: “Sir, do you mind just—”

(At this point, a second customer comes to my line. She loudly throws some soup cans on the conveyor belt.)

Customer #2: “Oh, hello, sweetie! How are you tonight?”

(Customer #1 glares at her and moves down a little, but still is at my register and opens his mouth as if to continue talking.)

Customer #2: *loudly* “Boy, I can’t believe how great the sales are this week! Oh, do you mind putting my milk in a bag? I hate to be a bother, but it’s just easier to carry.”

(Customer #1 finally seems to get that he can’t continue talking about his incestuous dogs and actually pouts as he walks away.)

Customer #2: “Actually sweetie, I’m sorry. I’m not done shopping yet. I still need to get a couple more things. You just looked like you needed a way out.”

Me: “Oh, my god, thank you so much. Here, I’ll unload the rest of your things and ring them through while you go get what else you need.”

Customer #2: “But did I hear him right? Did he really say what I think he said? Who even thinks that that’s okay?!”

Me: “Ma’am, I don’t mean to be crass but if you think that’s weird then you don’t want to hear the other stuff people have said to me.”

(She laughs and gets the rest of her groceries. When she pays, she asks for $5 cash back and gives it to me for ‘putting up with the village of idiots.’)

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
Just so everyone knows, this is coming:

code:
string[,] att = {{"isDeaf","0"},   
                 {"isKnowJudo","0"},         
                 {"isVeryLesbian","0"},      
                 {"isWearingBurka","0"},    
                 {"isBadAtMath","0"},        
                 {"isBroney","0"},       
                 {"isAnimeFan","0"},        
                 {"isSkinny","0"},           
                 {"isWasFat","0"},        
                 {"isWellSpoken","0"}};        
Also,

Not so much STDH, more like mundane poo poo that happened but nobody would care about.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

jodai posted:

I would guess he heard the term "whiskey dick" and thought it meant something completely different.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

oldpainless posted:

I took offense to him describing that woman as Amy Poehler's character from Mean Girls, when clearly they were nothing alike, in personality or appearance.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

probably cuck fiction posted:

My girlfriend dropped me off at the gym after I cleaned her kitchen and begged her for a ride. She forgot to pick me up and told me to get the bus since she’s going to see a movie with a “friend” from work. I got kicked off the bus because I didn’t have exact change and decided ‘gently caress it’, I’ll just walk the 4 miles. After jogging for 2 miles I realized I was going in the wrong direction.

I got back to her house 3 hours later and she still wasn’t home. I say down and took off my shoes. I had blisters all over my feet. Drank some water from the garden hose and tried to clean myself up. I layed on the cement next to the house and fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning some tall dude was leaving my girlfriend’s house. He looked down on me and got in his BMW.

My girlfriend wouldn’t let me in since she didn’t want any of my blood in the house. She told me to wait outside and that she would make me some food. I went back to sleep and woke up at about noon, stiff as hell. There was a dog bowl on the porch with some burned scrambled eggs and a piece of white bread. Later she told me that it was the only clean dish she could find and we eventually made up.

One day I overheard her work friend ask “How’s Rover?” a few times, and realized they are talking about me. I want to leave her but I love her so much it hurts.

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

Yeah that is some straight-up fetish there.

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

From Tumblr

Conversation I heard in Starbucks

*A guy and a girl walk in and order their coffee. They sit across from each other and just start talking. The guy asks her if she'd like to go out with him. She politely turns him down and says she's not interested. The guy begins to rant about how "nice guys finish last"*

Guy:I've known you since freshman year! I've been there during all your break ups with jerks and you treat me like this?

Girl:So just because you're there for me, I should date you? Is that what you're saying?

Guy:I'm just saying you should give me a chance.
Girl:Listen, I just don't like you in that way. I'm not looking for a relationship and I want us to be friends, and nothing more. I'm sorry, I just want to stay where we are right now.

Guy:Why don't you like me? It's because I'm not an rear end in a top hat, huh?

Girl:You gotta be loving kidding me. You seriously think I go for guys who treat me like garbage? I go for guys who I like, guys who don't play the "nice guys finish last" card.

Guy:I'm just saying what needs to be said. You don't appreciate all the things that I've done for you.

Girl:Oh yeah? Like what?

Guy:There was that one time I got you some pads when you were on your...you know....

Girl:OH, SO BECAUSE YOU HELPED ME PREVENT MY PANTIES FROM LOOKING LIKE SOMETHING THAT CLEANED UP A MURDER SCENE, I SHOULD TOTALLY gently caress YOU, RIGHT?

Guy:Please, just lower your voice, you're causing a scene-.

Girl:NO, LET THEM KNOW YOU'RE A FUCKWAD THAT THINKS I SHOULD RIDE YOUR DICK JUST BECAUSE YOU TREAT ME LIKE A HUMAN.

Girl:I don't owe you ANYTHING. I'm grateful for the things you've done for me, but it's hard to remain grateful when you act like an inconsiderate jerk like you're doing right now.

Girl:Do me a favor and get your head out of your rear end, it's not a hat. Stick to a fedora like all the other "friend-zoned" guys out there.
*the whole cafe sits in silence*
*barista starts clapping*

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Thinky Whale posted:

Yeah that is some straight-up fetish there.

She didn't want his blood in the house? His blisters were so bad that his feet were bloody or something? From a few miles of walking?

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

I wish that DID happen. or at least happened more often.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Spoiler alert: It's a story told from the viewpoint of a literal dog.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Decrepus posted:

She didn't want his blood in the house? His blisters were so bad that his feet were bloody or something? From a few miles of walking?

I loving dare you to try walking more than 20 yards in these heels :colbert:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Postal Parcel posted:

Spoiler alert: It's a story told from the viewpoint of a literal dog.

Where do I get one of these kitchen-cleaning dogs?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

FrozenVent posted:

Where do I get one of these kitchen-cleaning dogs?

Step 1: Put Peanut Butter everywhere you want to clean
Step 2: Insert Dog into room
Step 3: Let Simmer for 1-1:30 and enjoy

Explain How!
Dec 14, 2013

KiddieGrinder posted:

I wish that DID happen. or at least happened more often.

People quote internet memes in real life all the time.

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

Explain How! posted:

People quote internet memes in real life all the time.

What's STDH about it is that the guy would be saying that stuff to her face. In reality, he would buy her a coffee, chat about whatever and then go bitch to his friends about it.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Lowly posted:

What's STDH about it is that the guy would be saying that stuff to her face. In reality, he would buy her a coffee, chat about whatever and then go bitch to his friends about it make an E/N thread about it.

Let me fix that for you.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Here's a variant of the plot.

quote:

Mothers In Disguise
Retail | OH, USA | Family & Kids, Pets & Animals

(I am shopping to get some polos for my mom and my little brother, who are at a concert. I am a 20-year-old woman; however, my voice makes me sound younger. I also love a particular robot franchise. I am searching the toy aisle for a figure that I don’t have, when I approach another customer in the aisle.)

Customer: *huffs, turns to her husband* “Look at her. Can’t keep them together.”

Me: *looks at her*

Customer: “Yes, I am talking about you! You shouldn’t be having children at your age!”

Me: “What?”

Customer: “And how can you afford to spoil your kid? You can’t get a decent job like that!”

Me: *realizing what she is implying* “Actually, I can spoil my kids.” *reaches into my shopping basket to pull out a can of cat treats* “See?”

Customer: *crosses her arms*

Me: “This…” *pulls a buildable figure off the rack* “…is for me.”

Customer: “So immature!”

(I am used to getting criticism for liking the robot franchise, which is aimed at younger boys.)

Me: *shrugs* “So?

(Just then, the woman’s son peers from another aisle.)

Customer’s Son: “Mommy, I can’t find them with the Legos.” *looks at me* “Is that [Character]?”

Me: “Yes, it is!”

Customer’s Son: “That’s the one I want!”

Customer: *turns to face away*

Me: *kneels down to hand it to her son* “Do you have [Other Character]? He goes with [Character].”

Customer’s Son: “Really?”

Me: “Yep! They and [Third Character] make a group known as a trine. They’re best together.”

(The woman’s husband grabs the other character’s box as the woman sulks away.)

Customer’s Son: “Thank you! Sorry Mommy was mean. She said [Franchise] is for little kids and I’m a big boy, but now I know it’s for big girls, too!”

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Well that's just pure bullshit. No one likes [Third character].

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm imagining "the robot franchise" spoken in the same tone as one would "the Scottish play".

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Here's some old-rear end STDH.txt, courtesy of a rudest/worst opponent thread on MTGSalvation.com:

Seth Dracovitch, July 2009 posted:

I've seen people get pounded for that. In a T2 tourney a while back (I think it was shortly after Planar Chaos) we had someone new come into the store who was pretty much the biggest ******* you could possibly think up. Belittles anyone not playing a top eight deck, not playing a deck under $300, pretty much everyone has talked of in this thread wrapped up in one, yeah that kind of guy. We shall call him... Idiotbox.

So this was before our shop got a prerelease, and the shop owner had a playset of the Prerelease Oros, the Avengers as the first place prize along with some amount of packs. As you can imagine I wanted those dragons. It comes down to me, Sarah (close friend of mine), Idiotbox, and some little kid who was new. As luck would have it, I faced the kid and Sarah got Idiotbox. And Sarah is not a nice girl when people talk down to her. I won against the kid 2-0 and felt kinda bad, seeing as he made it to the top four only to get ruined by me. I go over to watch Sarah's match and she is destroying Idiotbox with a monowhite agro deck in their second round. She won round one and he is not happy with that. He just keeps getting worse and worse with the arrogance and insults making Sarah angrier and angrier. She plays Akroma, Angel of Wrath and it hits the board. Two turns later Idiotbox is gone, and he loses it. Throws his deck and her deck across the room. Bad idea. When she punched him, he hit the floor hard and went from flaring red to pale in seconds, someone actually thought she killed him. Nope, he was outcold though. So she picks up her deck, trashes his, and it gets to our final round. Everyone calms down once she starts smiling and alughing in our match again. I ended winning by 1 life in the 3rd match, I got my dragons, gave the kid I beat the some odd amount of packs (I think it was six or eight) for getting to the top four in his first tournament, and we ended up dumping idiotbox in the bed of his truck. He never came in for his cards, nor did he ever come back.

TL; DR: Chris Tucker jumps out screaming, "You got knocked the gently caress out!"

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Nor did we think to check to see if he needed medical attention after being hit hard enough to lose conciousness while we dragged him out to a truck. After all we checked he wasn't dead, what more could people possibly want.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Decrepus posted:

Especially since he walked home from the gym. He needs better gym shoes.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Toriori posted:

Especially since he walked home from the gym. He needs better gym shoes.

Also, despite being only 4 miles away from home, he walked 2 miles in the wrong direction before realising it.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I attended a wedding last week and the last song played at the reception was "Bohemian Rhapsody." The bride requested that we all sing and dance along, so we did. I know it's not terribly implausible because the couple and most of their friends (including me) are really nerdy AND it was a planned event, but I couldn't help but think about the thread during the song.

The next installment of Not Always Galt - in which our heroine bests a romantic rival - is coming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I like to imagine that's how these "and then we got married" marriages happen in STDH land, everybody sings along to Bohemian Rhapsody, just like when they met:allears:

• Locked thread