Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
This thread has ruined Bohemian Rhapsody for me. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Khazar-khum posted:

Here's a variant of the plot.

Are they afraid that if someone knows they like Transformers, they'll be able to reverse engineer their address through Google? Or are they afraid of getting sued for a text story on their nowhere piece of poo poo little corner of the net? It's just dumb.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

NAR edits them heavily.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Transformers

Don't you know you're not allowed to mention the names of companies or popular brands on the internet?? It's against the law.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Waffleman_ posted:

Are they afraid that if someone knows they like Transformers, they'll be able to reverse engineer their address through Google? Or are they afraid of getting sued for a text story on their nowhere piece of poo poo little corner of the net? It's just dumb.

Transformers? It's obviously Z-Bots.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Theglavwen posted:

Transformers? It's obviously Z-Bots.

No way, Z-Bots come in packs of three. She loves Go-Bots.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

jodai posted:

No way, Z-Bots come in packs of three. She loves Go-Bots.

Maybe they were those ones where the three bots joined into one bot, so really it was a pack of one and

Nah, I got nothing. I just desperately wanted Z-Bots to come back, even for a minute. You're right, it's Go-Bots :(

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
It's to cover the smell of crap, if you're focusing on trying to figure out what kind of robot toy they censored out you'll pay less attention to the blatant lies.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

NAW: Unfiltered posted:

Restaurant: Gothenburg, Sweden
(I’m male but my best friend is female. Note that she’s married and has just gotten her first baby. Obviously the baby looks NOTHING like me. I decide to treat her as her husband is working late. Note that she’s wearing her wedding ring and I’m single, thus not wearing a ring.)
Waitress #1: Hello, my name’s [name]! Can I… Oh my God, what a cute baby!
Friend: Please keep your voice down. [Baby’s name] has just fallen asleep.
Waitress #1: Oh, of course! My fault! Sorry!
Me: It’s fine. Anyway, mind if we order?
Waitress #1: Go for it.
(She takes our orders and walks away. After a few minutes, she comes back with our food. We eat and chit-chat under silence. About halfway through our meal, another waitress comes up to us. Note that this waitress is rather well endowed.) Waitress #2: What the f*** are you two doing?!
Me: Pardon?
Waitress #2: Babies aren’t f***ing allowed inside here. It’ll block the f***ing path for those in wheelchairs!
(I look at the floor. You could easily put 3 strollers next to each other without problems. We’re also not the only ones with a stroller.)
Me: …Woman, I don’t know what you’re high on, but her stroller by no means blocks the path.
Waitress #2 (getting loud): What?! Her f***ing baby?! It’s YOUR f***ing baby! You sick f***! How dare you not take f***ing responsibility for your f***ing child?!
(At this point, the baby wakes up. Needless to say, so does the other otherwise sound-sleeping babies. She quickly picks him up and tries to get him back to sleep. Note that it took us over an HOUR to do it last time.)
Me: …Way to go, you stupid…
Waitress #2: F*** you! It’s your own f***ing fault for not wanting to take care of your f***ing kid! And if it’s not yours, why the f*** does it look like you!?
(The baby is blond and got green eyes. I have brown hair and brown eyes.)
Me: …The baby takes after his REAL father, maybe?!
Waitress #2: Which is YOU! God! I’m calling the f***ing police!
Me: Gladly! Though I’d recommend a MOTHERF***ING AMBULANCE BECAUSE IF YOU DON’T SHUT THE F*** UP AND LEAVE US THE F*** ALONE RIGHT THIS F***ING INSTANCE, I AM GOING TO REPORT YOU FOR HARASSMENT YOU STUPID F***ING W****!
(She quickly hurries off with a pale face. I pant heavily and sit down again. My friend and the other parents in there starts applauding at me as a manager walks up to me.)
Manager: I heard from [waitress #2] that you threatened her?
Me: Threatened!?
(A nearby man stands up and walks over to us).
Man: Excuse me. This young man *points to me* told her the f*** off because she kept harassing him and the young woman he’s with. She kept being a complete and utter b**** towards them and refused to listen.
Manager: No, according to her, he threatened to r*** her.
Me: Is this a f***ing JOKE?!
(I spot a nearby girl who’s been smiling the entire time.)
Me: …Did… You just record the entire thing?
Girl: *grinning* Yep!
(She plays it for the manager, who turns pale.)
Manager: Oh. Well, it’s easy to edit—-
Me: Impossible. It was just recorded. It’s my first - and frankly last - f***ing time putting my d*** foot in this f***ing place if you don’t f***ing fire that stupid a** and get yourself relocated because OBVIOUSLY you’re just into her due to her having giant f***ing tits and you don’t want to lose her so you have some kind of f***ing eye candy when working!
(He hurries away. The owner walks over to us.)
Owner: I saw the entire thing. And frankly, I’ve been LOOKING for a reason to fire both of them. Hell, they’ve been f***ing in the middle of their shift and expect no one to notice.
(Everyone in there turns silent. The owner shakes his head.)
Owner: …Sorry, but it’s the truth.
(I walk over to the first waitress. She looks surprised at me.)
Me: I’d like to pay. Now.
Waitress #1: …Sure?
(I head over so that I can pay. I then give her a $10 tip with the words ‘I feel bad for you if you’re forced to work with such idiotic people’.
Two weeks later, I found out the manager and waitress #2 had been fired and waitress #1 had turned into a new manager in his place. Needless to say, the place got a LOT better after that!)

I think this man may have some issues.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

At least he didn't marry the waitress.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Vindolanda posted:

I think this man may have some issues.

You'd better call a motherfucking ambulance because if you don't shut up I'm going to report you for harassment!

:confused:

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Theglavwen posted:

You'd better call a motherfucking ambulance because if you don't shut up I'm going to report you for harassment!

Maybe he confused the term amublance chaser as being a real way to summon an attorney at will.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ibntumart posted:

Maybe he confused the term amublance chaser as being a real way to summon an attorney at will.

Shut up, you w****.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

What kind of lovely owner tolerates people loving at work while "looking for an excuse" to fire them?

Really? Harassing a customer is a bigger offense than loving in a restaurant?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Bertrand Hustle posted:

What kind of lovely owner tolerates people loving at work while "looking for an excuse" to fire them?

Scandinavians.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

MonoAus posted:

Don't you know you're not allowed to mention the names of companies or popular brands on the internet?? It's against the law.

If I had a {popular unit of currency} for every idiot aspiring writer who believes they can't write "Coke" or "Pepsi" in their book without a "release" from those corporations, I could buy a {season} home in {popular vacation destination}.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

Shut up, you w****.

I would respond with sassy and 100% spontaneous bons mots, but there's no audience here to clap for me or beleaguered retail worker to propose marriage, so what's the point?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

ibntumart posted:

I would respond with sassy and 100% spontaneous bons mots, but there's no audience here to clap for me or beleaguered retail worker to propose marriage, so what's the point?

You could reveal that your father is Lowtax, the owner of the forums, and get waffleman fired/visibly upset.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

sweeperbravo posted:

You could reveal that your father is Lowtax, the owner of the forums, and get waffleman fired/visibly upset.

*Face turns red, leaves the thread in a huff*

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
*stands up, applauds*
-Oh fair ibntumart, I humbly ask thee for thy hand in marriage!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Today's installment is based on a portion of Chapter Six, Part One of Atlas Shrugged.

Not Always Galt posted:

I’m attending a party thrown by the wife of my business associate, a brilliant CEO who’s recently invented a new metal alloy. The alloy is really amazing. It is to steel what steel was to iron – stronger, lighter, cheaper. Even now, it’s changing the world. At the time, however, most people didn’t recognize how amazing and revolutionary the alloy was – I was one of the few who did. Unfortunately, the CEO's own wife was one of the people who hated it.

How much did she hate it? The CEO used the first pouring of the new metal to make a bracelet for her. It represented his greatest achievement - the best in him - and he wanted his wife to have it. At the party, she was showing the bracelet off to her friends – but not to praise it:

Wife: Why, no, it’s not from a hardware store, it’s a very special gift from my husband. Oh yes, of course it’s hideous. But don’t you see? It’s supposed to be priceless. Of course, I’d exchange it for a common diamond bracelet any time, but somehow nobody will offer me one for it, even though it is so very, very valuable. Why? My dear, it’s the very first thing made from [Metal Alloy].

Without even thinking, I ripped my own diamond bracelet from my wrist and offered it to her.

Me: If you are not the coward that I think you are, you will exchange it.

Guest #1: You’re not serious, Miss [Name]?

Me: Give me that bracelet.

Guest #2: This is horrible!

Everyone was watching us at this point – including my associate. His wife made a kind of grimace as she handed me her bracelet and took mine.

Wife: Thank you, Miss [Name].

Her husband put my bracelet on her, then kissed her hand without looking at me.

Wife: (laughing) You may have it back, Miss [Name], when you change your mind.

Throughout the rest of the party, he hung on her arm, every inch the devoted husband, while the other guests insulted me when they thought I wasn’t listening.

Guest #1: The most offensive gesture I’ve ever seen.

Guest #2: It was vicious!

Guest #3: I’m glad [Wife] took her up on it. Serves her right, if she feels like throwing a few thousand dollars away.

But I knew I hade made the right choice. Soon my associate and I were having a passionate affair, and he eventually realized that his wife and family was holding him back and left them. I didn’t end up marrying him, but we did part on good terms. I found someone even better than him…but that’s another story for another time.

I just want to say that Lillian Rearden, this scene’s antagonist, is my favorite character so far. Rand tries to characterize her as a terrible person, but she’s catty and fun – a bright spot in the humorless darkness that is this novel.

I also want to say that you can buy your own aluminum replica of the Rearden Metal Bracelet from the movie version of the book. Just plunk down $119.25 (marked down from $159) and you too can own an ugly, shoddily-made bracelet!

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

Vindolanda posted:

my name’s [name]!
…Woman, I don’t know what you’re high on, but her stroller by no means blocks the path.
(I spot a nearby girl who’s been smiling the entire time.)
Me: …Did… You just record the entire thing?

Gosh, this one really ticks all the boxes. It's like STDH's greatest hits.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

MonoAus posted:

Gosh, this one really ticks all the boxes. It's like STDH's greatest hits.

I don't know how to handle a story where the narrator curses at someone. Being a bon mot dropping Zen Master seems too integral to a STDH story to cast aside.

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Theglavwen posted:

He probably said he was going to beat her up but NAW thought that people wouldn't sympathize with him if he actually did threaten the waitress.

quote:

Me: …Way to go, you stupid…

Also, the original story must have had something pretty bad here, seeing as nobody just calls somebody a stupid and the author filled the rest of the story with swears that were all just censored normally.

e:

Mr. Belpit posted:

The posted story is one of the "unfiltered" entries tho.

Oh, I forgot about that. That just makes that ambulance line even more confusing.

landy. has a new favorite as of 14:31 on May 2, 2014

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Bull Runner posted:

He probably said he was going to beat her up but NAW thought that people wouldn't sympathize with him if he actually did threaten the waitress.

Also, the original story must have had something pretty bad here, seeing as nobody just calls somebody a stupid and the author filled the rest of the story with swears that were all just censored normally.

The posted story is one of the "unfiltered" entries tho.

Lap-Lem
Oct 21, 2005
Lap-Lem the Village Tard
It almost feels like the first part of the story kind of happened. Like this dude went to a restaurant and was asked to move his stroller by a waitress. Then the guy flew off the handle, then was kicked out for threatening the waitress. However the guy wanted to prove he was right on the internet so he wrote up his story but added a happy ending, where the filthy sex haver was punished accordingly. However when he wrote what he actually said in the story he realized it was wrong, so he self edited it. But he didn't edit it enough to make himself look good.

In what way is "You better call an ambulance" not a threat? If someone said that to me I would feel awful threatened. Especially if he was standing in a restaurant screaming Whore and Bitch, sorry W**** and B****. The girl was smiling because she did record the whole thing, and she has evidence this douche-nossel threatened a waitress.

Maybe W**** is actually Waitress, and B**** is Busser. (BusGirl?) He just wasn't sure what her occupation was.

Lap-Lem has a new favorite as of 16:22 on May 2, 2014

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
My favourite bit was how the (note: well-endowed) waitress knew the guy was going to deny being the baby's father without any kind of prompt.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Despite being a bitch I bet that big-tit waitress still got the most tips.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

oldpainless posted:

Despite being a bitch I bet that big-tit waitress still got the most tips.

Certainly the manager's tip.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Aston posted:

Certainly the manager's tip.

Looks like she got shafted though.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

yeah upper management really took her behind the tool shed in the freezer in the back.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Dr Who.

quote:

Has No Idea Who
Office | USA | Geeks Rule, Strangers

(A coworker and I are planning on seeing the ‘Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special.’ She’s out of the office today, but has given me her cell phone number so that we could finalize our arrangements.)

Me: “Hey, this is [My Name]! I’m buying tickets now: standard or 3D?”

(A few seconds later, I realize that I transposed two digits in the phone number. I text again to apologize.)

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry! I have the wrong number.”

Stranger: “No problem. Have fun at the movie. And go for standard. 3D just isn’t quite worth the extra cost.”

Me: “But it’s Doctor Who! Thanks.”

Stranger: “Oh, well, then! Definitely, 3D! Spare no expense for Doctor Who!”

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I don't know, that sounds like something I'd do if I got a wrong number text. Especially if you read the last one sarcastically.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Is Doctor Who huge in America simply because its "British, therefore awesome", since in England, I don't know anyone who goes mad over it, people just shrug and watch it, since its always been there.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
It's just nerd culture that is into it, and like all other subcultures there's a group that latches on and obsesses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

This thread is pretty old, someone should start a new one.

• Locked thread