Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Faerunner posted:

Yeah, we plastic our windows and still get DRAFTS through some of our outer walls. It's disturbing and my feet are always cold because there's air coming in where the wall joins the floor, apparently. It doesn't help that our first floor has no subflooring - the oak floorboards were laid directly down on top of the joists, which has led to all kinds of fun sagging and splitting of the lovely wood and means that the basement keeps the first floor nice and cool no matter how much heat we pump into it. Old houses are the poo poo, yo.
Shove some silicon caulk into that crack and you'll stay much warmer at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
You should probably replace all of the wiring in your house, unless you want to replace all of your house because of the wiring.

• Locked thread