Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

There's an option where you choose another playbook and start advancing through that, so as long as you survive and continue advancing through playbooks you can continue pretty much indefinitely.

Also, my buddy and I have put a fair shake of work into Bushido World: A Rokugan Hack. It's looking pretty cool so far, but it's still in very early stages and could frankly use some input from people that aren't me.

Edit: pbp will lose some of the collaborative immediacy of in person, which is a big part of AW. To compensate, use the extra time you have between judging a situation and speaking on it to really polish the consequences and interrelations of character actions, and polish the "barfing forth of apocalyptica" into a grimy coating that permeates everything. On the plus side, the extra time means you'll probably be much better at choosing the best MC moves for the moment and at using fronts well (which I suck at).

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Aug 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I haven't had occasion to use the advanced combat rules in AW yet, but I imagine they would increase tactical grit by some amount. Has anyone used them yet? How did you like them?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Tasoth posted:

Go Ganger. All about speed, thrills and mashing people's face in. The only playbook I can think of that would difficult to port over is The Marmot.

Ein from Cowboy Bebop?

Edit: wait, just got to the Cyberdaemon, that's even cooler.

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 20, 2012

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

MadRhetoric posted:

But no, character focused postmodern gonzo urban fantasy holy poo poo that's a lot of buzzwords. You know, all myths are true, people are so entrenched in disposable media nobody can tell the difference between reality and fiction (which means MAGIC), a schism between esoteric "Real Wizards" and the young upstart pop punk "Sorcerers", vampires skimming a little off the top at blood banks, lycanthrope furries, that sort of thing.

MAKE THIS HAPPEN

ravenkult posted:

poo poo like that.

MAKE THIS HAPPEN

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

You know what I wanna see sometime try to wrangle, because I am a sadist who subsists entirely on fear and weeping? Rifts World. And not just playing AW while calling it Rifts. No.

Rifts. World.

The sheer amount of, just... STUFF that goes on and is available in that game is mind boggling. And mega-damage! It barely made sense or functioned in a game built entirely around the concept! How do???

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

mllaneza posted:

Yeah, I reserve the right to play a Brainer.

I can already tell that you forgot you were an advanced probability AI that shunted into a braindead man during an emergency experiment as the power core failed in your sector's Heuristic Culling Engine.

(Hx +1)

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Tasoth posted:

Doc already said it, but I'm going to say it again: your bots don't have to be a unified threat. Terminator-verse had Skynet and the Communist counterpart slinging nukes back and forth. The Matrix had machines that were part of the collective but wholly themselves. You can make the machines a little more disturbing by having them become more human than they realize. Overseer Pi-R-D3l1z' unit is currently competing with Overseer Rho-R-3 in who can kill the most humans in the most efficient manner because they hate each other and want to see the other scrapped and replaced.

And since everyone is posting custom stuff in the thread, I felt motivated...

I through it together at work. It's rough, needs balanced and work, but I've been fixated on Casshern for a while. Also, female names of robot rear end kickers would be appreciated.

I'm guessing you are a fellow enthusiast of The Protomen.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Tollymain posted:

Chopper move:

How did I even GET HERE, son!?!?: when you inexplicably show up wherever members of your gang may be, roll +weird. On a 10+, you're there, no questions asked. On a 7–9, choose 1:
• you show up barely on time, huffing and puffing, taking -1 forward.
• you're there, but your gang is distracted by your sudden presence and takes -1 forward.

I need a result on 6-. Also kudos to those who get the joke.

After this, you should make a move for being "over here, chilling out wasteland style."

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Captain_Indigo posted:

I've got another idea for a Setting Establishment stage in character creation where each character gets three questions they have to answer. None of them have anything to do with the class, just random setting stuff. One might be What's going on outside the big city?, another might be What does the sunset look like? but depending on which characters people pick and the questions they get to answer, you can end up with a very fleshed out city or a fairly loose set of ideas.

Thoughts?

Call this part the Voight-Kampff Test.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I'd let the HH hang on to it if they want to, but any wealth kept from last session would come with the tag "attractive target" or something. Like, you're stockpiling something, and it's just sitting there waiting to be used and swelling every session and getting more and more tantalizing to some half-civilized squad of blacktoothed dogfuckers, so now you're in the position of the petrol farmers in Road Warrior getting dunked by the Lord Humungus and his Gayboy Berserkers.

No one has enough in AW, so when you start amassing a long term surplus, you gain Want: Security, Want: Stretched Thin, Want: Raised Profile, Want: You're Not Letting Wealth Percolate Organically And Your Hateful Brood Are Getting Mad Envious, that sort of thing.

So basically I'd let them keep it if they explicitly devote resources to and reasons for keeping it, but they can only keep it as long as they can hold it, and Holding it is Hard.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

The GL excelled at what he's meant to excel at, with other people assisting in order to help him excel even further, against an unprepared enemy. That's very good, to me? Seems like the consequences shouldn't be confined to the fight in this case. Instead, the survivors or hidden onlookers tell of this feat, and maybe future fights lure him into giving cover fire to clock his position while a camouflaged scout sneaks up behind him with a garotte? Or a spy seduces him and poisons him or sabotages the launcher to blow up in his hands? Or a cult starts following him and worshiping him as an avatar of violence, getting in his way and annoying him, but also leading to jealousy from another cult leader who doesn't like competition? Basically just rack him where he isn't strong, which is anywhere that isn't tied to "wasting unimportant, immediately replaceable peons in a firefight"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Has anyone played the Kill 6 Billion Demons AW hack, Broken World? What did you think?

• Locked thread