Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Love the concept of the game but the art style looks like spore. It's like TA+Spore and I'm not feeling it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

How is the single player in this shaping up? I was super into TA back in the day but the multi-player focus of PA and the spring-like improvements/clones never really interested me. Is this worth getting if you only want to play chill turtle matches against an AI?

I mostly just loved setting up elaborate static defenses as waves and waves of AI units attacked me. I also loved the energy/metal economy. Is that a thing I could do and have fun in PA or is the gameplay/focus/balance or what ever just not geared to that? From the videos I've watched of matches it looks a bit micro-heavy and no one ever built any static defenses or much base building.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Well I got the game and am sort of enjoying it so far! The only problem is that it crashes.. a lot :(

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm starting to get better at this but find the whole multi-planet management and dealing with sphere-maps really cumbersome. I know it's the entire focus of the game but I think I would have liked good old flat square maps and a single planet at a time. I could barely manage an old TA map.

I guess actually knowing hot-keys and poo poo would help.

• Locked thread