Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I love this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
There is no way to actually view a build queue as such is there?

My son likes watching me play it, the galactic war. realised by now that the first levels can be taken care of in ten minutes, but the first one we did with multiple planets was awesome. I liked essentially creating them into self sustaining economy factories creating hundreds of units to all of a sudden teleport and tackle the enemy.

so far the only thing I can that's gonna hack me off about this game is the ability to
build a huge army and economy and then have your commander sniped with a nuke or something and feeling ripped off.. hasn't happened yet tho

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My biggest lesson is learning how best to play in order to win, rather than the way I "want" to play..

I am one of these pubbies you guys talk so fondly about

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ninjewtsu posted:

being able to do things like nukesnipe a commander can often be the only thing keeping multiplayer games sane

though, actual nukes would be pretty rare unless they specifically rushed it up early and you didn't know about it. antinukes are substantially cheaper than nukes proper

what you should be worried about is 20 helios' landing on top of your commander and teleporting 3 nuketanks in on top of it. other than that, any commander snipe attempt can be warded off with a well sustained commander fortress.

of course we're mostly just talking theoreticals there. ideally, the game won't reach that point.

right.. to be fair I haven't reached that point in a game yet so.. I'll see when I get there :)

a commander fortress : I assume this is keeping your commander supported with tons of defences and engineers for healing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've been hammering away at 1v1
every match trying to learn from my mistakes. I've won one. amazing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Had my 5th 1v1 game so now I am ranked. Silver. I mean I was expecting worse tbh. Won my last game, was pleased the guy held off long enough to let me build a titan. yay for me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it's probably the smaller pool of people that's allowed me to get there because I am traditionally bad at RTS I just enjoy it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ninjewtsu posted:

in early silver you can get away with just screwing around but once you get in the higher silver ranks you'll start needing proper build orders and early harassment tactics

Yeah I am just discovering this.. Last two games have actually just been no fun whatsoever because I am getting no chance to thrive at all. I guess I need to work out a way to deal with early harrasment but the last game I surrendered because it was clear it was hopeless and then once I saw the map I was blown away by how many units the other player had. Not sure why he hadn't completely destroyed me like 2 minutes in to be honest. Probably didn't realise how poo poo I was lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Interesting ideas.. I've been discovering the bombers and fighters strat myself.. It just seems by pure chance that when I experiment with a new idea they seem to be building the perfect force to counter it. Practice practice I guess! :) Thanks

• Locked thread