Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Oh my god, this needs to happen. Throwing $100 their way when I get paid next.

They're at $170k and it's been open for a few hours! I think this is a good indication of how much everybody wants this game to be made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

LemonRind posted:

Planetary Annihilation: I'm from Buenos Aries, and I say kill em all

This a million times

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Thewittyname posted:

There are a couple of new interviews by Jon Mavor out today, one at Shacknews and a 40 minute video interview w/ TotalBiscuit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqDSh34VoPY

Nothing too exciting is revealed, but they do mention they are getting close to revealing some more of the stretch goals. The video has some good discussion about the client-server multiplayer as well as their emphasis on more unit types over faction differentiation.

The Kickstarter has just over 50k left to go, in large part because two more people have pledged at the $10,000 level in the last 48 hours.

vv By just having a competent graphics engine PA will be far better than TA Spring.

That guy needs to learn to turn his loving phone off!

I love how they're saying they just want to get the game out ASAP rather than fannying around. The sooner I'm playing this, the better.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Drone_Fragger posted:

A second faction would be nice but when you think about it logically it basically means they have to do double the art assets for a second team that has to do basically the same thing. Provided they make the units diverse and interesting enough so that every game isn't "mash big block of robot type a into enemy block or robot type a"

I don't care about having a second faction with unique units, I think it'd just be cool to sell DLC reskins / remodels of current units and have them retain the same attributes but with different looks.

• Locked thread