Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Surfingelectrode posted:

And here's the pilot for Wayne and Michelle's reality show, which is just loving awful.

Why does this even exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

rear end Catchcum posted:

Am I the only one that jacks off to these NSFW videos?

Probably not. I personally wouldn't jerk it to the Amanda Palmer one though :colbert:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

WASDF posted:

Why is Michael Ivins so quiet and in the back for any group interviews I've seen for the 'Lips? I think the only time I've heard him talk is on All We Have Is Now and The Soft Bulettin documentary

Dudes just always looked like a quiet person.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Surfingelectrode put it up on Soundcloud. https://soundcloud.com/surfingelectrode/the-sun

It's a song alright.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I like Embryonic and all but if Sun is a representation of The Terror and all then I'll probably like it more.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The joke is on everyone and the album is called The Terror but all the songs are poppy and happy.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Just finished my first run of the album and my god this thing is pretty fantastic.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I really like how it's mostly an instrumental album. I really love that stuff.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This is weird. Sun Blows Up Today is not a good indication of what the album feels like as a whole. It's really the only single-quality song on here.

The album is good, but it's not very easily accessible. It's a trippy, noisy experience that I feel would only really be good when listened to as a whole. This isn't one I'll be picking songs out of as favorites. I don't think I could listen to any of these songs on their own, with the exception of Sun Blows Up Today. The rest of em feel like they'd only work in the context of the whole album.

I like it, but I don't know how often I could see myself listening to the whole album to get the full experience.

I'm in the same boat in regards to having a song I enjoy, it's definitely to be taken as one complete piece of music as opposed to just tracks.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

CPL593H posted:

I always find it odd when people find this odd. I rarely listen to a few tracks off of something. When I want to listen to music I pick an album I want to hear and play the whole thing. Until recently I didn't even think people did it another way.

It depends on the band I guess? Sometimes there are songs that feel like singles and stand on their own or whatever, however in the case of The Terror everything just flows into each other. It would be a disservice to break it into tracks I think.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

http://vimeo.com/70785596

I thought Gates of Steel had an official video release and all?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Saw the Lips live for the first time tonight and I'm pretty sure my head exploded multiple times. It was a short set since it was a festival and they weren't headlining (only like an hour and 15 minutes, which meant an hour since Wayne talked a bunch) but still pretty incredible. They opened with Look...The Sun Is Rising and played Yoshimi Part 1, Race For The Prize (slow then fast), Do You Realize, The WAND, A Spoonful Weighs A Ton, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (which was a real treat), and a couple others.

There was a mass of LED light strips on stage that changed colors really quickly and Wayne was singing from a metal podium that rose out of the tangled light strips. And he was wearing this glittery cape and later he donned this like balloon bodysuit thing that made him look a metal version of the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man. It was very weird but weird is what I was expecting so it delivered and I was real happy about that.

If it had been a longer set, it probably would've been in my top few live acts that I've ever seen. Still, I'm very glad I got to see them finally. It was worth the wait.

Is Wayne still doing the thing with the suit being all attached to stuff and he carries a doll on his arms?

Does that make sense?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Steven tweeted something about all this:

Wayne retweeting people who are saying amazing things about him and stuff like that is super similar to what Amanda Palmer does on the regular.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

It's neat that Miley is all into the Lips and stuff now, I respect that but I can't enjoy this new stuff.

Trippy stuff is cool but this comes off as very forced for the sake of being "weird".

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So has a new regular Lips album been mentioned by anyone yet?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

CPL593H posted:

I think their next project is a double LP featuring a yodeling contest with Carly Rae Jepsen.

I'd believe it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Now is this a new regular Lips album or another cover/"Fwends" thing?

e. I'm guessing regular

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So is there any news on a new album yet or should I continue not caring about the Lips?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lips and Mac DeMarco are working on a split ep.

https://pitchfork.com/news/wayne-coyne-announces-new-flaming-lipsmac-demarco-split-ep/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

I loving love Mac DeMarco, hope it turns out great

I’m really hoping it’s worth a listen. Mac DeMarco rules.

• Locked thread