Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

We thought we'd base our civilization upon yours, 'cause you're the smartest animals on earth, now ain't you?
That's a fascinating interview. I feel like you rarely (if ever) see musicians crediting their creative output to their personal drug experiences, maybe for fear of the social stigma that comes with admitting that to a larger audience. Not that Wayne has kept it too far from obvious the past few years, it's just very interesting to see the topic taken seriously in an interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

We thought we'd base our civilization upon yours, 'cause you're the smartest animals on earth, now ain't you?
I didn't realize how under-represented the Lips are on the Stone Roses album. Looking at the tracklist, they're only on 4 songs. It's a lot of Stardeath and Hott MT, neither of whom really resonate with me as individual bands.

edit: At least I can thank this record for bringing my attention to the Stone Roses. Hadn't listened to that record before now, and have been listening on repeat all week to inform myself before listening to the cover album. At least the original record is great!

1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

By the way, if anybody in here didn't get a copy of the Tame Impala split and still wants it, there's a record store near me that still has ~8 copies as of this afternoon. I'm happy to act as a liaison if you're willing to pay $50ish for the record + tax + shipping. To be honest, it's way overpriced for what the music is, but it definitely is a unique item. E-mail me at timothy [dot] masters [at] gmail

1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

Maybe because they're not English? Or maybe omitting the nationality additionally emphasizes the idea that "hanging on in quiet desperation" is more universal? Dunno, I think so, at least. I like it.

1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

Today I brought home a promo 7" with live bootlegs of Under Pressure and What's the New Mary Jane? , recorded in '94, for $2.99 today. "Thanks a lot everybody, Candlebox is up next." Hah!

I remember when I loved this band, and 94-96 is probably my favorite era, so... this was a cool day.

Not gonna waste time echoing the same disappointment everyone else already has about where they're at in 2k17.

• Locked thread